►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• I have such a problem in the UK these days with getting any news on Juve that isn't completely centred around Ronaldo. You search Juventus and all you get is "UK viewers to miss 15 mins of Ronaldo's debut", "Ronaldo draws a blank on debut", "Bayern director criticises Juve over Ronaldo signing" etc etc.

I get that this was part of the reason for signing him, but seriously...
  • TheMenezLover
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    Darnit guys hahaha
    I will try to explain it better:

7 points for the exact score (if Juve Milan is 1-0 and you guess 1-0, you get 7 points)

4 points for the correct result and goal difference (if Juve Milan is 1-0 and you guess 5-4, you get 4 points because Juve still BEAT Milan by ONE goal)

2 points for the correct result but not the goal difference (if Juve Milan is 1-0 and you guess 4-0, you get 2 points because you guessed that Juve would beat Milan)

-1 point if you get it completely wrong (see all of the above)

I think it's really good but if you really don't like it then yeah we can do 3, 1 and 0, but imo mine is more exciting and logical
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    edited August 2018
    Darnit guys hahaha

7 points for the exact score (if Juve Milan is 1-0 and you guess 1-0, you get 7 points)

4 points for the correct result and goal difference (if Juve Milan is 1-0 and you guess 5-4, you get 4 points because Juve still BEAT Milan by ONE goal)

2 points for the correct result but not the goal difference (if Juve Milan is 1-0 and you guess 4-0, you get 2 points because you guessed that Juve would beat Milan)

I think it's really good but if you really don't like it then yeah we can do 3, 1 and 0, but imo mine is more exciting and logical

Having a 7/4/2/-1 points system in a prediction league based on the game of football isn't really logical.
    3/2/1/0 would be more logical, given football uses 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss, and Serie A used to award 2 points for wins in the olden days...

EDIT: Wait why am I even complaining I'm not in the league... As you were. :joy:
  • Can't wait to be the noob who ends on a minus score. Is there relegation to the Serie B lounge?!
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    Can't wait to be the noob who ends on a minus score. Is there relegation to the Serie B lounge?!

Don't talk about relegation and Serie B, given the state they're in...
  • Can't wait to be the noob who ends on a minus score. Is there relegation to the Serie B lounge?!

The state who are in?
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    Can't wait to be the noob who ends on a minus score. Is there relegation to the Serie B lounge?!

The state who are in?

The whole Serie B league.
    Look it up, it's a right mess.
  • TheMenezLover
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    Darnit guys hahaha

Having a 7/4/2/-1 points system in a prediction league based on the game of football isn't really logical.
    3/2/1/0 would be more logical, given football uses 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss, and Serie A used to award 2 points for wins in the olden days...

EDIT: Wait why am I even complaining I'm not in the league... As you were. :joy:

Tbh who cares whether the points are similar to football points or not. The point (pun not intended) is that it's mathematically more logical and also fairer (if I guess 1-0 but the score is 7-3 and someone else guesses 6-2 he should get more points than me for sure)

The state who are in?

The whole Serie B league.
    Look it up, it's a right mess.

I thought you meant someone likely to get relegated! :D

I think the odds are 50:50 right now that you'll be bankrupt by the end of the season if you're already in Serie B
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Darnit guys hahaha

Tbh who cares whether the points are similar to football points or not. The point (pun not intended) is that it's mathematically more logical and also fairer (if I guess 1-0 but the score is 7-3 and someone else guesses 6-2 he should get more points than me for sure)

How is it fair? Someone gets lucky and predicts the perfect score and gets a 4 point boost.

I say use 1X2.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5449 posts Big Money Move
    Well, that was fun.

See you all next year
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3401 posts National Call-Up
    Well, that was fun.

See you all next year

I backed you's to win the league ffs.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    I have such a problem in the UK these days with getting any news on Juve that isn't completely centred around Ronaldo. You search Juventus and all you get is "UK viewers to miss 15 mins of Ronaldo's debut", "Ronaldo draws a blank on debut", "Bayern director criticises Juve over Ronaldo signing" etc etc.

I get that this was part of the reason for signing him, but seriously...

Search "Juventus newsnow"and it gives you pages of headlines from media organisations around the world. It goes from news in the last 1hr,right back to days previous.
  • opasni_
    3655 posts National Call-Up
    Updated with TheMenezLover prediction.

forum_komplet.jpg
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    Well, that was fun.

See you all next year

Erm, you switched to Juve...
  • TheMenezLover
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks @opasni_
  • TheMenezLover
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    Darnit guys hahaha

How is it fair? Someone gets lucky and predicts the perfect score and gets a 4 point boost.

I say use 1X2.

What.
    The entire point of a prediction league is to predict the score... Why are you talking about luck :joy:
    Also 7-4 = 3 so a 3 point boost which isn't huge given that we're counting in big numbers, 2 4 and 7

Also what's 1X2? Is it last year's?
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    Well, that was fun.

See you all next year

I took them in a bet last week in the bookies.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    edited August 2018
    I'd rather have 3 for a correct score and 1 for picking the winner.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Darnit guys hahaha

I say use 1X2.

What.
    The entire point of a prediction league is to predict the score... Why are you talking about luck :joy:
    Also 7-4 = 3 so a 3 point boost which isn't huge given that we're counting in big numbers, 2 4 and 7

1 = Home Win
    X = Draw
    2= Away Win

So you predict the outcome but not the exact score which in my opinion is always a matter of luck.
  • LoboNobo
    6384 posts Big Money Move
    Darnit guys hahaha

I say use 1X2.

What.

1 = Home Win
    X = Draw
    2= Away Win

So you predict the outcome but not the exact score which in my opinion is always a matter of luck.

It's true but hey, we're doing this for funbso why not add additional factors?
    7/4/2/-1 system is interesting and exciting, the only problem with it is that it isn't straightforward and it might end up confusing someone. Also it involves more maths and trust me, it's easy to make a mistake when calculating the results. 3/2/1 system would be practically the same but more clean. I like the idea of -1 point.
    Having said that I really don't mind anything. Question: how many games per game week are you planning @TheMenezLover ?
  • TheMenezLover
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    @LoboNobo that's the thing, I'm not calculating the results. This excel thing I downloaded does everything for me except inputting the predictions obviously.

Also, 3 games per week.
  • TheMenezLover
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you guys really don't like the idea of 7 4 2 -1 sure we can go back to 3 1 0 but know that I'm doing this for the funnest and fairest experience possible :)
  • If you guys really don't like the idea of 7 4 2 -1 sure we can go back to 3 1 0 but know that I'm doing this for the funnest and fairest experience possible :)

I like it. I think it gives scope for some massive fluctuations and would make it interesting/funny at times...
  • I SiR MartY I
    5449 posts Big Money Move
    Well, that was fun.

See you all next year

Wouldn't back us to finish top 10 with the way we played last night. Utter trash.
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    Well, that was fun.

See you all next year

I took them in a bet last week in the bookies.

So what's your final prediction, Juve or Inter?
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    Well, that was fun.

See you all next year

Wouldn't back us to finish top 10 with the way we played last night. Utter trash.

Relaaaaaax, Nainggolan wasn't playing, he'll improve things...
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    GOOD NEWS.

Hopefully that means we'll also get updated player portraits, that's my biggest pet peeve right now with Serie A cards. :tongue:
  • MiIan
    12380 posts Has That Special Something
    RIP Calcio A.
  • Alemas_2012
    15125 posts World Class
    edited August 2018
    MiIan wrote: »
    RIP Calcio A.

Ah yes, that finally means people will stop calling it that way, and I can legally correct anyone who still says it. :D
This discussion has been closed.