►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    14545 posts Has That Special Something
    Confirmation that the chief physio for Juve will be long-time Milan man Daniele Tognaccini, who's apparently also a very good friend of Sarri's.
    Hopefully we won't have a million injuries like the past few seasons.
    Co-trainer will be former Inter man Giovanni Martusciello.
    No Barza in the team.
    Napoli, Milan, and Inter in our coaching team... hope it'll go well.
  • AlexSolm
    8102 posts League Winner
    Martusciello is an interesting one; former Empoli man with a reputation for coaching defenders.
    He worked with both Sarri and Spalletti there, then got promoted to manage the first team, got relegated, then joined Spalletti's staff at Inter, Sarri tried to poach him for Chelsea and failed.
  • Alemas_2012
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    Martusciello is an interesting one; former Empoli man with a reputation for coaching defenders.
    He worked with both Sarri and Spalletti there, then got promoted to manage the first team, got relegated, then joined Spalletti's staff at Inter, Sarri tried to poach him for Chelsea and failed.

What's more interesting is how he went back to Spalletti twenty years after first working together...
  • Alemas_2012
    No-nonsense start for the Juve players and Sarri, straight into playing football and getting to know the system.

I find fascinating that Sarri loudly counts the number of consecutive passes when they do their two-touch drills.
    And Sarriball's already getting into Chiellini's head, doing a weak foot backheel...
  • Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something

Seriously though, Inter need to bring something new to the table. If not, they're wasting everyone's time.

Either offer more money or offer it up front.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited July 10
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Seriously though, Inter need to bring something new to the table. If not, they're wasting everyone's time.

I thought transfer fees were always paid in instalments, never the full amount up front.
    Hell, Demiral cost €18 million and we'll pay that paltry amount across four years, so it's nothing new, even for small fees...
  • Ahmer50x

I thought transfer fees were always paid in instalments, never the full amount up front.
    Hell, Demiral cost €18 million and we'll pay that paltry amount across four years, so it's nothing new, even for small fees...

That's generally true but I heard that in England usually more of the fee is up front than in Italy so that's probably one issue.

The other is the club probably want to announce a permanent sale rather than loan.
  • AlexSolm
    8102 posts League Winner
    Loan with obligation is essentially the same as a permanent sale, I don't think Inter or anyone else would give United a better deal.
  • Ahmer50x
    Loan with obligation is essentially the same as a permanent sale, I don't think Inter or anyone else would give United a better deal.

I don’t think the structure is necessarily the problem.

Think we’re looking for more like 80-90m euros and that’ll be the negotiation.
  • AlexSolm
    8102 posts League Winner

I know, I don't see it happening but we'll see.
  • Ahmer50x

I know, I don't see it happening but we'll see.

Given he’s Conte’s number one target, I can’t imagine you will walk away over 10m euro.
  • Tornado31619
    15268 posts World Class

“In memory of”, “missing”, etc graphics always give me chills, but this initiative is absolutely fantastic.
  • MiIan
    12283 posts Has That Special Something

Saying that Juve want to present Mathijs at saturday. They're moving to the price we want finally, so it should speed up now.
  • Alemas_2012
    "Zatertag".
    Literally "Saturday" + "Samstag".
    English and German in a perfectly unholy harmony.
    Anyway, 67 million is still... little.
    Hopefully Ajax won't get fed up of how long it's taking and simply terminate all negotiations.
  • MiIan
    Zaterdag*.

And it's Dutch. ;)
  • Alemas_2012
    MiIan wrote: »
    Zaterdag*.

And it's Dutch. ;)

Early morning, sorry. :joy:
    I know. :smile:
    The whole language is a weird concoction of English and German. :mrgreen:
  • AlexSolm
    8102 posts League Winner
    edited July 11
    Conte and the fitness "sargeant" Pintus are tearing the players a new one. Every training has ended in the players looking exhausted

D_Jl7-4XUAAYxbm?format=jpg&name=large
  • MiIan
    Zaterdag*.

And it's Dutch. ;)

Early morning, sorry. :joy:
    I know. :smile:
    The whole language is a weird concoction of English and German. :mrgreen:

Hahaha yeah, it is!
  • Alemas_2012
    Conte and the fitness "sargeant" Pintus are tearing the players a new one. Every training has ended in the players looking exhausted

D_Jl7-4XUAAYxbm?format=jpg&name=large

Already broke Politano.
  • Alemas_2012
    On the subject of Conte, he called up Nainggolan to tactical training while Icardi was left out.
  • AlexSolm
    8102 posts League Winner
    Di Marzio: Barella to Inter is a done deal for €45M, he's on his way for his medical and will travel to China with the team.
  • LoboNobo
    6340 posts Big Money Move
    I'm reading that Milan and Inter fans are furious that the clubs have allowed Atalanta to play their CL matches on San Siro. What's your take on that, Milan and Inter fans? I don't see the problem and frankly I'm quite baffled by the reactions.
  • Alemas_2012
    Apparently Ramsey and Costa won't be called up for the Asia tour to allow them time to recover from their injuries.
  • MiIan
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    I'm reading that Milan and Inter fans are furious that the clubs have allowed Atalanta to play their CL matches on San Siro. What's your take on that, Milan and Inter fans? I don't see the problem and frankly I'm quite baffled by the reactions.

Hmm, is the Atalanta stadium not suited for CL?
  • MiIan wrote: »

Isn't it the council's decision anyway?
  • Alemas_2012
    batch10_DSC0979.variant1400x787.jpg
    Higuain looks like in an absolute state.
  • AlexSolm
    8102 posts League Winner

It's being renovated. Some ultras are against due to the rivalry with Atalanta ultras, in general it's a security concern but I see it's happening.
  • Pughy30
    25068 posts Player of the Year
  • Alemas_2012
    Pughy30 wrote: »

75 million for him is cheap.
    Cheaper than Van Dijk.
    Not bad.
  • MiIan
    Finally the drama is over.