►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• LoboNobo
    6406 posts Big Money Move
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    What the hell's happening to Roma?!

Losing big players, replacing them with garbage, buying 3000 wingers and a defence that had one good season and is now awful.

Throw in injured or past it stars and you've currently got Roma.

Roma's squad looks poor, Lazio are off the boil. Inter and Milan should be jumping on the situation to cement top 4 this season.

That would mean both Inter and Milan not being trash, hard task for both. When others drop points, they do too. Its only fair.

I think Roma will finish second this season without competition. Lazio is not capable for a top 3 finish while Milan and Inter are still a bit of a meme really... and I have a feeling Napoli will not do as well under Ancelotti plus they got rid of Jorginho.

Meanwhile Roma, despite losing Radja and Strootman, I think they have a very talneted squad and a good manager that will get 120% out of them. Also, Pastore is an amazing player, one of the few underrated players in my opinion. Gonna get TOTS card.\

Now I wonder if somebody gonna save this quote and shove it down my throat in May when Napoli gets 2nd and Roma fails to qualify to CL :joy:

If only you could save posts in this forum...

That made me think actually...
    What if, apart from just giving our top 6 predictions, we would give a more detailed prediction on what's gonna happen this season and you could add it to one of the first posts in the lounge? Could be interesting towards the end of the season.
  • LoboNobo

Losing big players, replacing them with garbage, buying 3000 wingers and a defence that had one good season and is now awful.

Roma's squad looks poor, Lazio are off the boil. Inter and Milan should be jumping on the situation to cement top 4 this season.

That would mean both Inter and Milan not being trash, hard task for both. When others drop points, they do too. Its only fair.

I think Roma will finish second this season without competition. Lazio is not capable for a top 3 finish while Milan and Inter are still a bit of a meme really... and I have a feeling Napoli will not do as well under Ancelotti plus they got rid of Jorginho.

Meanwhile Roma, despite losing Radja and Strootman, I think they have a very talneted squad and a good manager that will get 120% out of them. Also, Pastore is an amazing player, one of the few underrated players in my opinion. Gonna get TOTS card.\

Now I wonder if somebody gonna save this quote and shove it down my throat in May when Napoli gets 2nd and Roma fails to qualify to CL :joy:

If I had said it they would shove it down my throat.

Someone even went on the old forum looking for one of my posts yesterday.

Btw I think like you. Juve - Roma - Napoli for top 3.

Oh don't make a victim of yourself like that :joy: we all know what you've said, maybe you didn't mean it but already there, posted.
  • AlexSolm
    8205 posts League Winner
    @TheMenezLover

Fiorentina 2-1 Udinese
    Chievo 0-0 Empoli
    Milan 1-1 Roma
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up

If I had said it they would shove it down my throat.

Someone even went on the old forum looking for one of my posts yesterday.

Btw I think like you. Juve - Roma - Napoli for top 3.

Oh don't make a victim of yourself like that :joy: we all know what you've said, maybe you didn't mean it but already there, posted.

Come on man. I am still haunted by that Candreva post from a couple of years back that keeps popping up from time to time.

Of course I am a victim and a traumatised one as well! :smiley:
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

What if, apart from just giving our top 6 predictions, we would give a more detailed prediction on what's gonna happen this season and you could add it to one of the first posts in the lounge? Could be interesting towards the end of the season.

I say let's not over complicate things especially as the season has already started now.

I mean look at Inter...the illusion they will challenge for the scudetto is already fading fast. Not fair on who knew this would happen from the start! ;)
  • LoboNobo

I say let's not over complicate things especially as the season has already started now.

I mean look at Inter...the illusion they will challenge for the scudetto is already fading fast. Not fair on who knew this would happen from the start! ;)

...but it wouldn't have any significant meaning, just potential to become a meme. Don't know about other guys but I'd be down to provide my analysis on top 6 this year, like explaining my train of thoughts.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5511 posts Big Money Move

Depends which Pastore Roma get. Palermo Pastore was a freak of nature, so good he could win a game by himself, but PSG and injuries changed him, if Roma can get even half of that Pastore back, he'll be their cheap Totti for a few years.
  • LoboNobo

Depends which Pastore Roma get. Palermo Pastore was a freak of nature, so good he could win a game by himself, but PSG and injuries changed him, if Roma can get even half of that Pastore back, he'll be their cheap Totti for a few years.

I don't think I've ever watched a Ligue 1 game so I can't comment on Pastore there - I was reading however that he was pretty **** for them. I've seen him a couple of times in CL + his prime days in Serie A, and my conclusion was the following: if he gets enough confidence due to playing time he can truly fulfill his potential. He's still not old and I think (hope?) that he will lit Serie A on fire this season. He's technique and flair is absolutely astonishing, he just needs to find confidence and consistency which Roma can give him.
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class

Doable.
    The PL lounge did it last season just before the exodus.
    I predict Olsen to have a couple of howlers this season.
    May post a few more later.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

...but it wouldn't have any significant meaning, just potential to become a meme. Don't know about other guys but I'd be down to provide my analysis on top 6 this year, like explaining my train of thoughts.

Haha admit you are missing your weekly match analysis for the prediction league. :tongue:
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    How is it possible to think a player is ”one of the few underrated” ones if you haven’t watched a single game of the league said player has spent his last 7 years in?
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    edited August 2018
    Think it's the first time a football team has celebrated a goal scored against themselves...
  • LoboNobo
    Rick wrote: »
    How is it possible to think a player is ”one of the few underrated” ones if you haven’t watched a single game of the league said player has spent his last 7 years in?

As I pointed out, my opinion mainly comes from the CL games I've seen. I don't pretend to be an expert, just giving my thoughts based on what I've seen. Nothing wrong with having an opinion about a player after seeing him once, providing that you state so. Somebody said that he was **** for PSG in the league, I'm not arguing with that.
  • LoboNobo

Haha admit you are missing your weekly match analysis for the prediction league. :tongue:

I kind of do, yeah :joy: almost nobody has cared about them anyway so I'll keep my analyses for myself now :tongue:
  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Fiorentina vs. Udinese 3-1

Chievo vs. Empoli 2-1

Milan vs. Roma 1-1

@TheMenezLover
  • Calling it now Mou will return to Inter next summer.
  • Fiorentina vs. Udinese 2-1

Chievo vs. Empoli 1-1

Milan vs. Roma 2-2

@TheMenezLover
  • slicknick
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fiorentina 2-1 Udinese

Chievo 1-1 Empoli

Milan 2-1 Roma

@TheMenezLover
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    Fiorentina 3-1 Udinese
    Chievo 0-0 Empoli
    Milan 2-0 Roma

@TheMenezLover
  • MiIan
    12401 posts Has That Special Something
    Fiorentina 1-1 Udinese

Chievo 1-2 Empoli

Milan 0-2 Roma

@TheMenezLover
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class

Doable.
    The PL lounge did it last season just before the exodus.
    I predict Olsen to have a couple of howlers this season.
    May post a few more later.

...well this took traction.
  • theduckisstillperfect21
    5877 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2018
    Yessss we got united. Wait no we didn't.
  • Wait yes we did.
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    Yessss we got united. Wait no we didn't.

Yes we did. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    Wonder whether Mourinho will even be in charge by the time we face them...
  • Wonder whether Mourinho will even be in charge by the time we face them...

Cross your fingers.
  • Great group imo
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    United, Valencia, Young Boys.
    I'll take that.
  • Lol RIP Napoli.
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    Lol RIP Napoli.

And Inter, Barca and Spurs in their group...
This discussion has been closed.