Fifa 19 - How are you going to play the game?

Brosing
285 posts Sunday League Hero
Well, as the topic says, how will you play your game?

From what we all know, the beta sucked and I'm not going to adress this issue here. I want to know your thoughts and goals you have with the game.

I'm looking back to the start of fifa 18 with fresh attitude and excitement. What I really enjoy with the starts is that basically everyone has **** players and have to grind with players you usually would not choose. (for those who ain't pay-to-win).
It's sad to see that 90% of all the players are never or very rarely used and this is a perfect time to explore and find common/low rare gold player gems.

To start of this journey I will not pay more than just the game itself. No fifa points no matter what stage of the game.

League:

Last year I began my trading through the companion app, before we could play the game itself. Managed to get myself Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta for 15k-ish. By the release of the game, his value was around 40k. (PC) This was my absolute fave card in the early stages, he was sooo fun to use.

This year I feel like something similar. Probably Calcio A hybrid with EPL or Bundesliga if possible. Going to aim for a strong midfielder, winger OR striker and work from there.

Formation:

What I don't want, is to fall for the meta game. I don't want to play with META way. I want to do it my way and find MY formation. Through the last three fifa games I've been struggling a lot to find a proper formation where not even the meta formations worked for me - this caused me lots of stress since it didn't work out for me. Obviously you want to win your games, but I want that feeling where the formation feels nice, even though I might lose my games (more practice needed prolly).

SBC/Challenge

As far as it goes for fifa 18, I enjoyed doing the SBC. I got some good pulls from it and it add some new to the game itself where you got rewarded with packs. Even though the pack weight was horrible I managed to get decent rewards and I'll continue doing so. Hopefully I'll pack someone good and trade him/use him.
Fifa 18 was the start of Squad battles which in theory sounded great, but in-game, horrible (for me atleast). This year there is something else and tbf, I do not really know what it is, nor what to expect. Hopefully it's better and more sufficient than squad battles.

This is how my starter-kit looks like and I'm going to roll with it as long as I can. I'm interested in what you guys think and what you will make out of it. Perhaps I get new ideas from ya'll :smiley:

Comments

• tommygravesen
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Be rolling with a Liga NOS squad the first few weeks - making sure I unlock all the coin boosts in the catalogue and getting the squad battles done to earn some decent packs hopefully!

Not sure on formation tried a few on the beta so far - I feel like I need 2 strikers up top though
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    no FUT only seasons and/or tournament
    and no journey or career (career is broken badly)
  • Brosing
    Be rolling with a Liga NOS squad the first few weeks - making sure I unlock all the coin boosts in the catalogue and getting the squad battles done to earn some decent packs hopefully!

Not sure on formation tried a few on the beta so far - I feel like I need 2 strikers up top though

Ohh, ofc cant forget the coin boosts! :D
  • VARD67876
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    having played the beta assuming nothing changes i think the average player who puts the time in can make 100k easily a week just by actually playing no special trading or being great at weekend league.

And by average i mean the REAL average player not the "oh i only get gold 2 every week in weekend league i'm average"

so i'll just play build a team i like and not worryabout the rush to grab as many coins as possible like i have done before.
  • zMarkv
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This year im going to have some extra time on my hands so il probably get EA Access so i can get a feel for the game. i always start each year off with £20.00 of fifa points so this year il probably do 4 drafts worth of points and use the EA Coin Boosts stack some packs and use the rest off the points to open a couple of packs.

Il most likely go with La Liga like most years though im considering Liga Nos & Serie A (Ronaldo Hype)..Formation wise probably 4321 or 4231. Il build an average squad and upgrade it when i can...as well as trading to get some coins ofc
  • Brosing
    VARD67876 wrote: »
    having played the beta assuming nothing changes i think the average player who puts the time in can make 100k easily a week just by actually playing no special trading or being great at weekend league.

And by average i mean the REAL average player not the "oh i only get gold 2 every week in weekend league i'm average"

so i'll just play build a team i like and not worryabout the rush to grab as many coins as possible like i have done before.

I wont rush either! Cant even play due to a fracture in my hand XD, fml.