Why the games ruined

GoalGiant
1703 posts Play-Off Hero
I won’t be buying Fifa 19, as the game has lost all sense of purpose and challenge.

What’s the point of playing loads of games, earning coins, and buying expensive players who are actually good in real life too? Becuase why splash 2 Million on R9 when a Futties Lozano will outpreform him for a 1,950,000 coins left!

The game needs to be accurate, the best players in the world should play the best in the game. Martial is talented yes, but why does the game portray him as one of the best LMs of all time? The game is so stupid, if you told someone who doesn’t play Fifa that you had Begovic in goal, they’d laugh at you and tell you to get someone better. The game should resemble real life to a certain extent, it’s stupid that people prefer to use meta players over people who are actually good in real life

Comments

• pudgyfudgy
    5490 posts Big Money Move
    So EA should remove all special cards from the game?
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

I didn’t say that, just that perhaps the game should acknowledge that Lozano playing his best football wouldn’t be better than a prime Ronaldo
  • Blackstarz
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its FUT, its meant to be arcadey, if you want more realistic play H2H seasons.
  • jjroc
    70 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018
    Haha nicely sad, the thing I do I play only players I like How they play in real life - Alessandrini 92 rated and everyone plays him and praise him like god? me? I never heard of him, so I wont do no SBC or whatever cause there no place for him in my squad. Lozano lol stats like god I saw him do one action in world cup and that was it, also no chance for me of picking him up, not interested in these meta bs, also Jesus omg not even average but at least his reign in Fifa looks like is over
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    jjroc wrote: »
    Haha nicely sad, the thing I do I play only players I like How they play in real life - Alessandrini 92 rated and everyone plays him and praise him like god? me? I never heard of him, so I wont do no SBC or whatever cause there no place for him in my squad. Lozano lol stats like god I saw him do one action in world cup and that was it, also no chance for me of picking him up, not interested in these meta bs, also Jesus omg not even average but at least his reign in Fifa looks like is over

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve never ever used a meta player as I just don’t see the fun in it, it’s the same people who exploit the mechanics too. I think I may move to PES to be totally honest, they put an emphasis on getting the best players
  • pudgyfudgy
    edited August 2018
    GoalGiant wrote: »

I didn’t say that, just that perhaps the game should acknowledge that Lozano playing his best football wouldn’t be better than a prime Ronaldo

He isn't. Futties Lozano, like most players with high speed and agility, may be easier to use for many Fifa players, but Prime Ronaldo is still far superior in quality by those who know how to use him.

Secondly, think of the logic of what you're saying. Prime Ronaldo is 96-rated. Are you saying that all players who "wouldn’t be better than a prime Ronaldo" cannot ever exceed 96 in rating? So Cavani should never reach 98, and Higuain should never reach 97, simply because even at their best, Ronaldo is still better?
  • jjroc
    70 posts Park Captain

He isn't. Futties Lozano, like most players with high speed and agility, may be easier to use by many Fifa players, but Prime Ronaldo is still far superior in quality by those who know how to use him.

Secondly, think of the logic of what you're saying. Prime Ronaldo is 96-rated. Are you saying that all players who "wouldn’t be better than a prime Ronaldo" cannot ever exceed 96 in rating? So Cavani should never reach 98, and Higuain should never reach 97, simply because even at their best, Ronaldo is still better?

I’d say for example Cavani is very good, stats on him are Ok, he’s a poacher - more goals in shorter period for Neapol then Maradona, that says something about his instinct.but Some other players are just exaggerated to nonsence.
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero

He isn't. Futties Lozano, like most players with high speed and agility, may be easier to use by many Fifa players, but Prime Ronaldo is still far superior in quality by those who know how to use him.

I’d say for example Cavani is very good, stats on him are Ok, he’s a poacher - more goals in shorter period for Neapol then Maradona, that says something about his instinct.but Some other players are just exaggerated to nonsence.

This. I think the game would benefit if there was a larger gap between icons and regular cards, these days there’s only about 3 or 4 icons who people actually use, so why not encourage icons to be used by all of them being marginally better than base cards.

Perhaps all cards should start at a lower overall so that they can me upgraded with generous boosts, but never/ rarely exceed top icons.
  • pudgyfudgy
    So let me ask you another question... what would be your solution to this "problem"?

Would it be to put a ceiling on Lozano's stats? So that no matter how many IFs and special cards he gets, his shooting cannot exceed Ronaldo's 95? Because Ronaldo is the better shooter in real life?

Then what next, are you going to compare every single striker in the game to each other? Create a never-ending matrix of benchmarks?

Very easy to complain, not that easy to provide a solution eh?
  • GuardianUTD
    173 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think just one stat going up is a solution that would work well for the majority of cases. I mean I'd cut down on cards as well so you don't get a situation where one player has 10 different cards so just keep it to Team of the Week and Team of the Season.

Pace would be one of the things I'd rarely raise as that would generally stay the same for the Season. Oh, CR7 has slowed down now in his age and is only 89 pace, that works. But if he scores 40 goals in the Season is that because he's worked on being faster? No probably not.

If someone scores a hat-trick increase their shooting. If they get several assists then passing. If it's a defender then strength, physical etc. There isn't a need for everything to rise.

I'd still have the second in-form carry the stats from the first. So say Hazard scores 3 goals and gets a shooting boost go 92 and then a week later he gets 3 assists, I'd give hid SIF 92 shooting and then an increased passing. This way you work towards forming a more complete card.

But no one would have 99 pace just because.
  • Retro_G
    29085 posts Player of the Year
    I'm calling bs on that one, icons are still the most OP cards in the game.
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    So let me ask you another question... what would be your solution to this "problem"?

Would it be to put a ceiling on Lozano's stats? So that no matter how many IFs and special cards he gets, his shooting cannot exceed Ronaldo's 95? Because Ronaldo is the better shooter in real life?

Then what next, are you going to compare every single striker in the game to each other? Create a never-ending matrix of benchmarks?

Very easy to complain, not that easy to provide a solution eh?

Mentioned above mate, reduce all cards to lower ratings and stats to allow for multiple generous upgrades, while keeping a larger space between the elite plahers
  • jjroc
    70 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018
    Retro_G wrote: »

Yeah That’s also right one thing is stats and the other the way a player is programmed to play,
    But still you got Icon Alessandrini, Jesus, Bailly and Lozano :D
  • It's a game, chill. Wouldn't you get bored using and playing against the same top tier players every game? The more cards the better imo. They keep the game fresh and make u want to try out new players.
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    theraduku wrote: »
    It's a game, chill. Wouldn't you get bored using and playing against the same top tier players every game? The more cards the better imo. They keep the game fresh and make u want to try out new players.

I’d rather play a range of cards who actually had some presence in real life, rather than be violated by a team of people who wouldn’t even make a premier league XI
  • Flamstead
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    I understand what you are saying OP, however:

1) Futties Lozano is not better than Prime R9
    2) See you on Fifa 19.
  • Blackstarz
    Again, its Fut, its arcade and has always been like that, i remember destroying many high rated teams on my way to numerous div 1 titles in fut 13 with my Eminike/welliton combo.

Ps And yes i played ultra D, 5atb, LB Y counter attack >:)
  • CharlieC
    6681 posts Big Money Move
    I like special cards but can't help thinking the game would be better without them and just have dynamically adjusted cards. It would ruin the trading market but who cares (apart from EA obv :lol: )
  • Blackstarz
    Who can forget the Icon card known as Victor Ibarbo :D
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blackstarz wrote: »
    Who can forget the Icon card known as Victor Ibarbo :D

Gervinhos massive shiny forehead too :lol:
  • Mr. Soper
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just trying to have a little fun for the end of the season. Also give people a chance who don't spend a lot on the game to try out some high octane players.
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2018

Yet TOTS Mbabu is considered by some the best RB in the game. He has the 3 most important categories: Pace, Physical, and Height. Obviously one of the best RBs in the world in real life too, right? Zanetti is mostly thrown into another prime ICON SBC.
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    forearms wrote: »

Yet TOTS Mbabu is considered by some the best RB in the game. He has the 3 most important categories: Pace, Physical, and Height. Obviously one of the best RBs in the world in real life too, right? Zanetti is mostly thrown into another prime ICON SBC.

This is exactly what I mean mate, why have someone who’s a footballing great, when a unheard of player from the RSL does the job better?
  • Riggs006
    893 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
    I have both R9 and Lozano and I've played them together as a front 2 for quite a while and while Lozano is great, R9 is far better.
  • YumYum
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve never ever used a meta player as I just don’t see the fun in it, it’s the same people who exploit the mechanics too. I think I may move to PES to be totally honest, they put an emphasis on getting the best players

i can win div.3 with a.meta team but cant get out of div 6 with a 92 rated team... players falling over and running into eqch other.... 93 leon bailey getting out paced by ashley williams ...ALL GAME.... im kinda glad we have neta players.

• forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    YumYum wrote: »

i can win div.3 with a.meta team but cant get out of div 6 with a 92 rated team... players falling over and running into eqch other.... 93 leon bailey getting out paced by ashley williams ...ALL GAME.... im kinda glad we have neta players.

I dont think I've ever seen someone use Ashley William's after the first month
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lozano came through in the WC at least somewhat justifying his OP nature unlike say Baka

A few of the icons were great but some were nothing special at all
  • Theomanny
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    YumYum wrote: »

Lies lies lies. I hate it when people say this. Your 92 rated team should win you more if not the same as a meta. Just stop it.

A guy came here the other day, saying he wins more with his 83 rated more that his icon 96 rated. All lies. If u r a good player, u will win more with the high rated team. But get me right there is no big difference in win ratio in the WL with meta players and icon high rated team suffice you are a good player and not a noob.

High rated team in the hand of a noob will get him more wins than a low rated team, but a good player will have more or less the same wins with a meta low rated team because he’s good. I have been destroyed so many times in div 1 with no icon and red Link gold teams with Nif giovinco Uptop. You gonna have to git gud with the high rated team.
  • Flamstead
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    Truthurts wrote: »
    Lozano came through in the WC at least somewhat justifying his OP nature unlike say Baka

A few of the icons were great but some were nothing special at all

Like who in your opinion?
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is easier to list the great icons:

Blanc CDM ADP 87 and none of the other babies really

so mid and prime
    ADPs Gullits Petits Blancs (althought some feel his mid is better than his prime) for me Hernandez is insane some loved Larsson and Crespo and MVB
    of course Ferdinand Maldini

stats mean nothing in this game what matters is the OP of the card which is secret
    I mean some inform and tots were not better and a few worse then their inferior cards

there is some card inconsistency imo and there are also different playstyles also as the pool of players out there improves TOTS cards that were great drop off