Squad Battles

SStubbs88
202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Anyone else find it hard to keep a clean sheet when playing world class or legendary?

They either score in the first 10mins or in the 90th min with some wonder goal. My last 5 games have been 7-1 5-1 4-1 4-1 5-1 with 4 of them having one shot on target.

I've just had Wycombes Scott Kashket hit one in the top corner from outside of the box with his 61 shooting and 56 long shots.

Is this so you don't get the points for keeping a clean sheet?

Comments

• The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, even in no delay it's difficult about half the time. Often they go crazy in the late stages of the game and you can't even get to their player before they do some laser beam tiki taka into your net. If you're trying to hit top 100 then you're better off just holding the ball after you score 5.
  • jjroc
    70 posts Park Captain
    Haha I recognize this score sheet for me the same, and I always get a goal in first 10 mins, then I know it’s squad battles I’m playing, and then I smash 5 goals in and go home with 5:1. Funny mode.
  • Liam W
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Every match, they score a top corner longshot. It's in the game.
  • TheEgyptianPrincess
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah i just accept the fact that they're going to score so i start of the game attacking to make sure I get the 5 goals
  • BeastlyHusla
    3372 posts National Call-Up
    Same, so I just try to get 5 goals asap then get corners and possession to cover for it.
  • CR7BRUH
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    No motivation to even play it anymore due to nothing in packs. I'm currently in the top 100 but idk if I should even bother.
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    CR7BRUH wrote: »
    No motivation to even play it anymore due to nothing in packs. I'm currently in the top 100 but idk if I should even bother.

I plan on sticking to 18 for a while even after Fifa 19 is released, do you know if SB is staying on 18? Also, got any tips for hitting top 100, is it required to play on Ultimate?
  • regia5bg
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    SStubbs88 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hard to keep a clean sheet when playing world class or legendary?

They either score in the first 10mins or in the 90th min with some wonder goal. My last 5 games have been 7-1 5-1 4-1 4-1 5-1 with 4 of them having one shot on target.

I've just had Wycombes Scott Kashket hit one in the top corner from outside of the box with his 61 shooting and 56 long shots.

Is this so you don't get the points for keeping a clean sheet?

I only play at legendary (or the easy one), and it's not that easy to keep a clean sheet, but out of 2/3 matches 1 is a clean sheet. Yeah, a lot of times it's just 1 stupid goal, but it can happen... if you improve moving the ball, when winning, it'll be far harder for them to score and surprise you if you stay defensive. The biggest issue (for me) is when I lose the ball with more than half of the team attacking, that's critical because even bad players can move well the ball for CPU and they can go close to score. 1 out of 3 I would say is a goal.

• CR7BRUH

I plan on sticking to 18 for a while even after Fifa 19 is released, do you know if SB is staying on 18? Also, got any tips for hitting top 100, is it required to play on Ultimate?

Not these days I don't think. You can get top 100 on legendary.

Tips are of u concede it does not really matter. Just try your best to get the 5 goals every game.

I play 4312 and 4321 if it helps.

Also I think only champs is going, I think u can still play SB when 19 is out. No idea what they gna do about featured squads though
  • Jonboyparker
    5294 posts Big Money Move

I'm just playing seasons now and the last WL of the year in a few weeks time. No more SB but I have been a fan until now I must say. Learnt a lot from it.

OP: yep. Them score lines look very familar.
  • Admg1
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I get this as well and most of the time it's the only shot they have
  • CR7BRUH
    Admg1 wrote: »
    I get this as well and most of the time it's the only shot they have

The bs on ultimate is real. They have like 2 shots against me and always get that 1 goal at least lol