Hi, I’m a software engineer working in Australia. I’m a huge fan of the FIFA franchise and have been playing the game for over 9 years now.
In an attempt to join 2 of my favourite interests, software development & FIFA, I built a web application which allows players to track their progress in Career Mode like never before. Some of its functionality include:
1. The ability to drilldown on statistics that are not available in the game like Match Detail aggregations and accumulation of performances throughout their Career.
2. Numerous graphical illustration the player’s progress in the Career Mode
3. Detailed comparisons between individual club players and all-in-club performances between seasons.
4. Interactive dashboards to highlight on key games and achievements obtained in the Career Mode
5. Jump between seasons to re-visit stats.
And trust me when I say there's a lot more...
This personal project has been in the works for 2 years and is not made commercial yet for the following reason: due to the lack of external integrations (APIs) for the app to consume to obtain that data, players must input all match details manually (e.g. goal scorers, upcoming matches, league associations etc.). This is not a deal breaker, seeing that the application can still execute all its functions correctly, however, having an automated process which saves the player from doing so would create a far more pleasant experience for the player.
As a Career Mode enthusiast, I’d love to take this to the next level by pitching this application to the relevant personnel at EA at hopes that one day all Career Mode enthusiasts could access a ‘Career Mode Web App’ in a similar fashion to the Ultimate Team Web App.
It’ll be greatly appreciated if you could endorse this discussion so someone at EA can see this and help me make this a reality.