Fifa on PC-Buying a new 144HZ monitor or PS4

Hi guys. I have a question here and I need your opinions. I currently play FIFA on PC. My rig is pretty decent (intel i5 4330 and gtx 980). My connection though is preety bad. With pingplotter I measured around 130ms ping on EA servers. My question is if I buy a pc 144HZ gaming monitor will I see a difference in game or maybe should I switch to PS4 Pro to experience better gameplay? Any serious opinion is welcome cause I am in a bit of a dilemma. Thank you for your responses.

Comments

• Denisianes
    8071 posts League Winner
    Choose the cheaper option or the one that will let you enjoy other games too, cause you won't experience "better" gameplay on FIFA :joy:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • roojy
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Teokouts wrote: »
    Hi guys. I have a question here and I need your opinions. I currently play FIFA on PC. My rig is pretty decent (intel i5 4330 and gtx 980). My connection though is preety bad. With pingplotter I measured around 130ms ping on EA servers. My question is if I buy a pc 144HZ gaming monitor will I see a difference in game or maybe should I switch to PS4 Pro to experience better gameplay? Any serious opinion is welcome cause I am in a bit of a dilemma. Thank you for your responses.

just get a ps4
    less cheaters, the market is bigger, and overall better experience
  • Whrn I was playing on pc I was getting too much input lag. Will I have the same on ps4 or will it be better with a 144hz monitor on pc?
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2018
    130 ms is pretty bad for online gaming. If you mean to EA dedicated servers and not matchmaking servers, which are located in US and don't have influence on lag.
  • So basically I will have the same performance regarding the input lag on ps4 and on pc?
  • maksi
    edited August 2018
    Yes, input lag on your monitor is much less than your connection to servers.

Where you from?

I'm from Central Europe and have around 25-30 ms to EA dedicated servers in Germany (5/5 bars).
  • I am in Greece.
  • maksi
    How many bars do you get in DKT/WL?
  • If I remember correctly 4 or 5 most of the times. Only in Draft I get 2 bars and occasionaly 3.
  • maksi
    You won't notice much difference in input lag.
  • I will be blunt, but I have FIFA 18 on PC and PS4. The difference in gameplay is MASSIVE in favor of PS4. Players feel crisp, responsive, gameplay is stellar, fast, passes zip like they should.
    On PC it's the opposite for me, it's sluggish, unresponsive, delayed, players take a long while to turn, first touch is abysmal. I thought gameplay should be the same EA? It's NOT.
    Stick with PS4. Far more enjoyable experience... (and that's coming from someone with beast rig and 240Hz monitor ;)), so it's not internet/computer problem, it's how the game is :(.
  • jajce111
    2772 posts Fans' Favourite
    So basically I will have the same performance regarding the input lag on ps4 and on pc?

On ps4 you will have much more lag than on pc if you have mediocre connection...
  • maksi
    I will be blunt, but I have FIFA 18 on PC and PS4. The difference in gameplay is MASSIVE in favor of PS4. Players feel crisp, responsive, gameplay is stellar, fast, passes zip like they should.
    On PC it's the opposite for me, it's sluggish, unresponsive, delayed, players take a long while to turn, first touch is abysmal. I thought gameplay should be the same EA? It's NOT.
    Stick with PS4. Far more enjoyable experience... (and that's coming from someone with beast rig and 240Hz monitor ;)), so it's not internet/computer problem, it's how the game is :(.
    there is something wrong with your PC setup

• GA85
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    I think 130 ms ping is still playable (but at the limit). I use cmd command "ping easo.ea.com" to test my ping and usually I get around 110 ms and I play 90% of the matches without any problem...
    How do you guys test ur ping with EA servers? Maybe I'm testing with the wrong cmd command?

Anyway, I think you will experience less lag playing at PS4... PS4 has more players, so you will find more players near of you and experience less lag. Just my opinion.
    Post edited by GA85 on
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't ever buy a 144hz monitor, you will never be able to enjoy 60hz after that
  • DSD27
    5659 posts Big Money Move
    If FIFA is all you play, buy a PS4. If you like more games other than FIFA, it's not worth it.
    The 144hz monitor is also not worth it for FIFA, it's for fps games. If you like to play single player games like The Witcher, etc, upgrade for a 1440p monitor if you haven't yet.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    DSD27 wrote: »
    If FIFA is all you play, buy a PS4. If you like more games other than FIFA, it's not worth it.
    The 144hz monitor is also not worth it for FIFA, it's for fps games. If you like to play single player games like The Witcher, etc, upgrade for a 1440p monitor if you haven't yet.

Fifa on 1440p 144hz is a beauty :) much better than console, I can't adjust to console version anymore
  • jajce111
    2772 posts Fans' Favourite

It will fell much more smoother and it will look better than on console.
  • maksi
    GA85 wrote: »
    I think 130 ms ping is still playable (but at the limit). I use cmd command "ping easo.ea.com" to test my ping and usually I get around 110 ms and I play 90% of the matches without any problem...
    How do you guys test ur ping with EA servers? Maybe I'm testing with the wrong cmd command?
    easo.ea.com are matchmaking servers in US, not dedicated servers in Europe, US and Asia.