Implementation of twelve substitutions (Serie A, Eredivisie)?

PedroMarcosFR
966 posts Semi-Pro
edited October 2018
Since season 16/17 teams in the Dutch League, the Eredivisie, are allowed to have twelve substitutions on the bench. This still hasn’t been implemented in FIFA (FIFA 17 & FIFA18).

This is also the case for the Italian leagues as far as I know.

Hopefully this can be implemented in FIFA19. Should not be too difficult to do right EA?
Post edited by PedroMarcosFR on

Comments

• TeamExtreme17
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    Since season 16/17 teams in the Dutch League, the Eredivisie, are allowed to have twelve substitutions on the bench. This still hasn’t been implemented in FIFA (FIFA 17 & FIFA18).

Hopefully this can be implemented in FIFA19. Should not be too difficult to do right EA?

They still don't even have the proper rules of 12 subs for friendlies and international games...
  • Since season 16/17 teams in the Dutch League, the Eredivisie, are allowed to have twelve substitutions on the bench. This still hasn’t been implemented in FIFA (FIFA 17 & FIFA18).

They still don't even have the proper rules of 12 subs for friendlies and international games...

Good point!

So EA... Shouldn’t be too difficult to implement this right?
  • Boommaametw3
    2864 posts National Call-Up
    People bronze bench anyway. As long you can only make 3 changes 7 is enough.
  • People bronze bench anyway. As long you can only make 3 changes 7 is enough.

You might be right about the subs in FUT, but for career mode/kick-off in the right leagues it should be implemented :).
  • ~Adma~
    91 posts Park Captain
    From a coding perspective it's at most a few hours work to implement and bug fix. But it's too simple so they won't do it. Took until recently to use all your subs in friendlies as it is.
  • GrimboSlice
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2018
    How about Ibra not popping up as Scott brown before we jump the gun this far.... :wink: EA in 2018 cannot even get the players in the starting 11 displaying correctly. :trollface: letalone 12 subs.....
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class

Funnily enough i was playing 2006 world cup earlier out of boredom and this was a feature :joy: - ridiculous that it isn't now
  • TeamExtreme17
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    Uberman wrote: »

Funnily enough i was playing 2006 world cup earlier out of boredom and this was a feature :joy: - ridiculous that it isn't now

12 subs are in World Cup 2006 game!?
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Uberman wrote: »

12 subs are in World Cup 2006 game!?

14:59
    Sub players are more than seven.
  • ~Adma~ wrote: »
    From a coding perspective it's at most a few hours work to implement and bug fix. But it's too simple so they won't do it. Took until recently to use all your subs in friendlies as it is.

That’s what I thought. Would be nice a producer or someone from EA would acknowledge this missing in the game and give a response or something... or a moderator could pass this issue on? Not asking for something big here.
  • ed24f1
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Option for fourth sub in extra time would be nice too but I imagine it's pretty unlikely
  • PedroMarcosFR
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2018
    ed24f1 wrote: »
    Option for fourth sub in extra time would be nice too but I imagine it's pretty unlikely

Unlikely since it's EA, but things like this should be so relatively easy to implement... Come on EA!
  • TheRealHarrison
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect

I played UCL Final in beta and you can make the 4th sub in extra time. Hopefully they've implemented it where it is actually in real life
  • PedroMarcosFR
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2018

I played UCL Final in beta and you can make the 4th sub in extra time. Hopefully they've implemented it where it is actually in real life

Not sure if you're supposed to share, but that's good news! Hopefully available everywhere the fourth sub is used. :smiley:
    Post edited by PedroMarcosFR on
  • Niklasf95
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA didn’t even have all the subs for the World Cup DLC so I don’t think it will happen... :|
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Theres lots of negative posts about 19 but the more you play the more you cant put it away (I HEARD) :wink:
  • @EA_Andy could this be passed on to the developers? Should be relatively easy for them to implement this!
  • So EA, great job on acquiring back the Serie A license! Do you know that twelve subs are allowed on the bench in the Italian league? Surely you want to represent this league in an authentic way?

You can also directly implement the twelve subs to the Dutch League, pre-season, and any other competition that have it :).
  • MOES98
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @EA_Andy could this be passed on to the developers? Should be relatively easy for them to implement this!

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-do-i-submit-my-idea-for-a-game/

He cant :blush:
  • PedroMarcosFR
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    Anybody already seen some gameplay from the Dutch/Italian league? Was the option to have 12 subs in?

EDIT: Not in the game :-1::/. This should be so easy to implement, why can’t they just do it...

• WarrenBarton
    10414 posts Has That Special Something
    I wonder how low you could get the rating on your team of superstars with 12 42 rated players on your bench?
  • MaldinisHeir
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    The answer to this problem (and most other problems) is simple; FREEDOM.

EA will make mistakes. They'll miss the odd detail. It doesn't matter. BUT LET US DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Why can't we decide how many subs we want to have?

Pick any number (and I do mean any) between 1-50. Ok slight exaggeration but you get the idea - who cares? Let us decide.

Anywhere where EA is tempted to put arbitrary restrictions like squad sizes (ok a squad needs at least 11 players), ages, editing restrictions, restrictions in managing and using other teams or any other arbitrary restrictions - they just need to stop and ask themselves - why? Why does this need to be restricted?

There seems to be more rules off the pitch in FIFA than on it.

Err.....err....sorry....you can't edit that players' name.......I know we spelt it wrong but,...but.... but....them's the rules.,,,,

Err.....err....sorry....you can't put your 14 year old son in the game.......we have an age restriction for made up football characters....

Err...err....sorry....match day squad sizes are 18........we don't care what the actual rules are......them's our rules......

All EA need to do is get things right on the pitch. Let us take care of the rest.
  • Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's a shame, but i'm being honest when i say this:
    The fact that Serie A allows 12 subs on the bench for matches is downright stupid. It basically rewards the bigger clubs for having larger squad depth. Should EA implement it? Yes, but Serie A shouldn't have this to begin with.
  • MaldinisHeir
    @ Lonestarr022 Couldn't agree more.
  • It's a shame, but i'm being honest when i say this:
    The fact that Serie A allows 12 subs on the bench for matches is downright stupid. It basically rewards the bigger clubs for having larger squad depth. Should EA implement it? Yes, but Serie A shouldn't have this to begin with.

Actually I don’t think different than you. I don’t really see the point of it in real life but it is the way it is. It should be implemented. Otherwise they don’t represent their licenses right. In career mode it can be useful in games you are winning to give some youngsters playtime for example.
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's also ridiculous that subs are just 7 in pre season tournament. :lol:
  • MaldinisHeir
    @ comet213 Pre-season is again another situation where EA, for no obvious reason, impose arbitrary restrictions.

A pre-season tournament is one of the occasions in a season where a player can really have freedom to play whoever they want and do whatever sort of tournament they like. But, no, instead we have to play their stupid pre-season tournaments no matter how inaccurate they are.

All of these issues could be sorted if EA just backed off and gave the player the freedom to do what they like. On the pitch obviously there should be rules (more rules since so many fouls aren't given), but off the pitch we, the consumer, should be able to do what we like within reason. An inane thing like changing the number of subs would be one of those things.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    It's a shame, but i'm being honest when i say this:
    I seriously doubt the advantage of bigger clubs gets improved because of that rule. Normally managers choose between maybe 5 subs anyways.
    • Imagine you have a squad of 23 players that train together, eat together, sleep together ( :trollface: ) etc. And then on matchday, 5 are not even allowed to be with the team.
      THAT'S just downright stupid.
    • younger players have a much better chance to get on the bench and get a few minutes on the pitch.
    • injuries can occur on a position that a team with 5 field-subs wasn't prepared. Why not give the teams the best chance to do the right sub?

All clubs were supporting this change.
  • MaldinisHeir
    @ gia It encourages larger squads. Personally I think that clubs should only be allowed have a squad of 25 players including youth team.

It's ridiculous how clubs (and I take it you're a Milan fan) have 28 and 30 players in their squads. Milan have been particularly bad the last few years with 3 or 4 players per position. All it does is damage the players by denying them game time.

Managers should be forced to work with fewer resources and make it work. That's the job of a manager. Get the most out of the players. 7 subs is still: 1 GK (not needed in FIFA because the GK can never be sent off or injured), 2 Defs, 2 Mids and 2 Attackers. What more does a manager need?
  • Bump

Anyway this could be implemented in a future patch/update? This could be easily implemented by EA in the current game (hopefully in current career mode saves...). No reason we should possibly wait for this until FIFA20...

@EA_Andy Anyway you could pass this on to the devs?