Pack Weight has drastically changed

fifaplayerbol
3937 posts National Call-Up
Opened up around 300k worth of packs, the worst of which was a Premium Gold Jumbo and the best being a 50k Rare Players Pack.

I got one board - De Rossi and 83 rated. Before I would get a special card every other pack.

Anyone else experiencing this? I dont really care as the game is completely and utterly dead but interesting to see how they are completely changing the pack weight day to day

Comments

• Blipper65
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 10
    Opened about 15 different packs for WL, Marquee Matchups and other SBC yesterday late evening. Had numerous special cards including TOTS SMS, Depay, FOF, PTG, scream etc. So you never know but chance of getting special card is still high. You are not guaranteed smth decent but still it will be a special one.
  • forearms
    2457 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 10
    My theory is they are releasing a big SBC needing many high rated players. People are all getting less in packs, they got rid of the 81+ upgrades, so far a pretty uneventful FUTTIES week. Makes sense, when you think like EA, that people will "need" to buy packs with points to complete the big SBC(s). That, partnered with the FUT09 SBC hint at Ronaldo coming.
  • fifaplayerbol
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Blipper65 wrote: »
    Opened about 15 different packs for WL, Marquee Matchups and other SBC yesterday late evening. Had numerous special cards including TOTS SMS, Depay, FOF, PTG, scream etc. So you never know but chance of getting special card is still high. You are not guaranteed smth decent but still it will be a special one.

Damn, I have had literally nothing over a week at least, won the draft numerous times and dont ever remember it being this bad - however I got a beta invite for UT so cant complain
  • dregana08
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 10

Damn, I have had literally nothing over a week at least, won the draft numerous times and dont ever remember it being this bad - however I got a beta invite for UT so cant complain

Grats you get to waste 6 weeks of your life.
  • thegabrielNYC
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dregana08 wrote: »

Or you could look at it in a positive manner...6 weeks of practice on the new gameplay? (Even though we all know it changes, especially after first patch.
  • Ishibum
    10364 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »
    My theory is they are releasing a big SBC needing many high rated players. People are all getting less in packs, they got rid of the 81+ upgrades, so far a pretty uneventful FUTTIES week. Makes sense, when you think like EA, that people will "need" to buy packs with points to complete the big SBC(s). That, partnered with the FUT09 SBC hint at Ronaldo coming.

Not sure about the Ronaldo shout (we will see in around half an hr) but I think the rest is spot on
  • Clancy
    6576 posts Big Money Move

Or you could look at it in a positive manner...6 weeks of practice on the new gameplay? (Even though we all know it changes, especially after first patch.

yeah, honestly I don't even play that much early in the game. mostly try to spend my time acquiring coins because there is bound to be 5/6 patches that completely change gameplay in the first 2 months. What's the point of practicing a game that won't be around in that current version for more than 10 days
  • Demon_reborn
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    Opened up around 300k worth of packs, the worst of which was a Premium Gold Jumbo and the best being a 50k Rare Players Pack.

I got one board - De Rossi and 83 rated. Before I would get a special card every other pack.

Anyone else experiencing this? I dont really care as the game is completely and utterly dead but interesting to see how they are completely changing the pack weight day to day

mate just let this game die out and wait for 19.
    i have more fun pllaying nostalgic games like pokemon, gta liberty city than this trash.

by the look of thins fifa 19 will be 18 2.0 with more game modes and minor tweaks.

• Sykesy
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    Opened wl rewards got 4 special cards in each pack. Immobile 96
  • Regular gold upgrades still paying out for me...
    FOF adebayor, gyan, tolisso, Mendy, evra
    Totgs Silva and Kokorin
  • dregana08
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite

You said it yourself, gameplay will be completely different come the release of the full game (or at least after 4-5 days when they kill it).

I’m all for being positive, but I see no advantage of playing 6 weeks of fut beta... especially during the summer!
  • Orison
    42205 posts International Superstar
    Packweights don't change ever.
  • forearms
    Orison wrote: »

Dont know if this is the biggest troll comment, or the most naive.
  • JPRM71
    1892 posts Fans' Favourite

I think they call it sarcasm :smiley:
  • forearms
    JPRM71 wrote: »

I think they call it sarcasm :smiley:

fair enough, I misread the context :disappointed:
  • Sykesy
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    Aguero tots from FUT09 sbc... definitely still high weights
  • Crowie
    1332 posts Professional
    Person who doesn’t care about game cos it’s completely and utterly dead continues to make umpteen threads about game and played, and won folks, WON draft numerous times. Aye right you are.
  • Orison
    42205 posts International Superstar

On one hand EA is too lazy to release any new SBCs, on the other hand they sit there changing packweight at random times.

Comes close to believing in scripting lol.
  • Dasco
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    Crowie wrote: »
    Person who doesn’t care about game cos it’s completely and utterly dead continues to make umpteen threads about game and played, and won folks, WON draft numerous times. Aye right you are.

Go suck a D1C

300k is hardly a decent sample size to make sweeping statements of card weights supposedly being changed. From the packs you had stored, that's likely in the region of 7-10 packs.

Back in the days of me doing pack only, I could easily go millions of coins without packing a special card, or a card above 84 rated. I recall spending 9 million cards on a 100k lightning round before hitting a team of the season card during UT17 BPL TOTS.