PES 2019 Demo

AFCA_P
85 posts Park Captain
I have played FIFA for about 18 years now and is (or used to be) my favourite game franchises of all time.
I sporadicaly played PES in the past but always played FIFA waaaay more than PES.
I played the PES 2019 demo today and I must say, I am everything but dissapointed. It looks like PES does everything that FIFA had failed to do over the last few years. Football in the PES demo seems a lot more realistic than FIFA has been for years. There is no ping pong passing, players respond as they should, defending is way more manual and attacking takes some serious skill. EA better step up their game for FIFA 19 or I am afraid not only me, but lots of other gamers might switch to PES this year. If you don’t believe me: DOWNLOAD THE DEMO and experience it for yourself.

Comments

• WizardMD
    661 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I played the demo and it is good I must say, it is really hard to create plays and get to pass the defense. I know there are patches to get all the teams but even like that it doesn't feel authentic. I loved the gameplay and graphics, that's it, FIFA needs to improve that
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    People are always positive about PES this time of year. Give it a bit of time and that "grass is greener" feeling will soon subside - especially if you get the full game and can see it's lack of features and bad online play by yourself.

Oh and this part...
    AFCA_P wrote: »
    There is no ping pong passing

... just LMAO
  • Druski5150
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PES 19 looks and plays great. My only gripe with Konami is lack of a broadcast camera angle like FIFA's. Considering that you can patch all unlicensed content via Option File on PS4, I would seriously consider only getting PES 19 this year if it still kept UCL and Europa League Licenses. But I am definitely will play it as much as FIFA 19.
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have played FIFA for about 18 years now and is (or used to be) my favourite game franchises of all time.
    I sporadicaly played PES in the past but always played FIFA waaaay more than PES.
    I played the PES 2019 demo today and I must say, I am everything but dissapointed. It looks like PES does everything that FIFA had failed to do over the last few years. Football in the PES demo seems a lot more realistic than FIFA has been for years. There is no ping pong passing, players respond as they should, defending is way more manual and attacking takes some serious skill. EA better step up their game for FIFA 19 or I am afraid not only me, but lots of other gamers might switch to PES this year. If you don’t believe me: DOWNLOAD THE DEMO and experience it for yourself.

The PES 2019 demo will be better on the pitch than FIFA 19 when it is fully released. EA don't care about on the pitch stuff and a lot of FIFA customers don't seem to care either.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    :love: :blush:
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    The gameplay is brilliant, but the online infrastructure is years behind Fifa. It's just not worth buying a football game in 2018 that's unplayable online. What PES productions should be spending their allocated funds on are dedicated servers, not legends, team licenses for a game that doesn't even work online.
  • Heshamk93
    1122 posts Professional
    I wouldnt say the gameplay is brilliant...it feels the exact same as the PES 2018 open beta..lets not talk about the online infrastructure...its far behind and the AI are even more dumb in 2019 than 2018...They just make the fifa AI look like kids

Also with AI being this bad in terms of reactions, God forbid how the AI will react in a laggy match

And to the post creator, games other than fifa should have OT in the title
  • dezy22
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think people either don’t remember or are too young to remember that pes was far superior to fifa through the whole life cycle of the ps2 pes only declined on ps3
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    defending is way more manual

I stopped reading here. :D :D :D :D :D
  • deang07
    7931 posts League Winner
    hahahaha its still awfull .
    only ppl who say pes is good is because they are raging at fifas flaws even tho it still is a country mile ahead of pes.
    if it wasnt then you wouldnt be on here stating this youd be a pes player not a fifa one bigging up pes
  • Heshamk93
    1122 posts Professional
    deang07 wrote: »
    only ppl who say pes is good is because they are raging at fifas flaws even tho it still is a country mile ahead of pes.
    if it wasnt then you wouldnt be on here stating this youd be a pes player not a fifa one bigging up pes

Deano you still trying to get your hands on the fifa 19 beta code by doing this?;) jk mate
  • mdizzl3
    12306 posts Has That Special Something
    The game plays and looks great. Much better than FIFA for me, but
    PES still lacks an engaging game mode like FUT to keep.people interested.

If you were just comparing kick off modes, FIFA is a.long way behind at the moment.
  • alex1987
    5377 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2018
    Game feels way to slow for me.

Up close graphics are great, the graphics while actually playing don't appeal to me. Feels to arcady.
  • AFCA_P
    85 posts Park Captain
    deang07 wrote: »

I finished top 100 in online seasons (as I do most years) on Xbox One so there is hardly any rage on my end. I am just fed up with having to use the same faulty gameplay mechanics that FIFA forces you to use. I didn’t get this feelings while playing the PES demo.

• Alastair
    9984 posts Moderator
    Please use an existing PES thread in the Off Topic discussion to discuss PES.
This discussion has been closed.