I feel embarrassed for EA and sorry for Schalke fans.

china2991
114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
The PES version of the Veltins arena is from a different planet compared to the FIFA version , It actually makes me feel embarrassed for EA. Its a whole new stadium, and Graphically, Outside and inside, wow amazing. I'm actually blown away, Going by the FIFA version i didn't realize a stadium could be made to look so good. The crowd look top notch it actually looks like a filled stadium, FIFA's crowds are strange, It feels like there's so much emptiness i can see grey everywhere. Its like you can see the seats and the floor behind them it all stands out like a sore thumb, where as the PES crowd is compact and actually looks like a packed house in a stadium in real life. I think PES might have perfected night lighting too imo.

PES dont even mention atmosphere's in their game, Im pretty sure FIFA18'S big selling point last year was amazing crowds and confetti on the floor, Atmosphere is probably at its worst in the fifa series and confetti is only for Argentinian teams in offline mode. go back 3 years when villareal and bordeaux had amazing sound effects thats when fifa actually had some good noise atmosphere. Neither of those teams have any sound effects anymore, and the South american atmosphere noise was removed this year too.

Would be nice if EA could get off their high horse and actually take note of the way Konami create their stadiums and take some pointers for fifa19.

Comments

• Mathew1606
    2730 posts Fans' Favourite
    omfg

WHHOOOPPP DDIIII DOOOOOO
  • Heshamk93
    1122 posts Professional
    china2991 wrote: »
    The PES version of the Veltins arena is from a different planet compared to the FIFA version , It actually makes me feel embarrassed for EA. Its a whole new stadium, and Graphically, Outside and inside, wow amazing. I'm actually blown away, Going by the FIFA version i didn't realize a stadium could be made to look so good. The crowd look top notch it actually looks like a filled stadium, FIFA's crowds are strange, It feels like there's so much emptiness i can see grey everywhere. Its like you can see the seats and the floor behind them it all stands out like a sore thumb, where as the PES crowd is compact and actually looks like a packed house in a stadium in real life. I think PES might have perfected night lighting too imo.

PES dont even mention atmosphere's in their game, Im pretty sure FIFA18'S big selling point last year was amazing crowds and confetti on the floor, Atmosphere is probably at its worst in the fifa series and confetti is only for Argentinian teams in offline mode. go back 3 years when villareal and bordeaux had amazing sound effects thats when fifa actually had some good noise atmosphere. Neither of those teams have any sound effects anymore, and the South american atmosphere noise was removed this year too.

Would be nice if EA could get off their high horse and actually take note of the way Konami create their stadiums and take some pointers for fifa19.

And Camp Nou looks badddddd
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    When PS5 comes, I'll bet they'll probably start using Photogrammetry for the stadiums. Frostbite uses it with Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield and those games look insanely detailed at times.