60 + icons

Drizzt
453 posts Sunday League Hero
As a fan of icons more than current players, I'm really happy about the new ones added. Still plenty of ones that I'm frustrated are not coming (Barnes, Zico, Zidane etc) however out of the 60, I'm excited by 4 must haves for me.

Cruyff
Rivaldo
Socrates
Best (should have been in 18 again)

I'm hoping EA makes them special like Legends used to be back in 14 and that they're sprinkled with that little something that has been missing since then, with only the elite icons playing like god's.

What Icons are a must for you out of the list and do we think this list is the final list?

Comments

• UKz GAMER
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 2018
    Drizzt wrote: »
    As a fan of icons more than current players, I'm really happy about the new ones added. Still plenty of ones that I'm frustrated are not coming (Barnes, Zico, Zidane etc) however out of the 60, I'm excited by 4 must haves for me.

Cruyff
    Rivaldo
    Socrates
    Best (should have been in 18 again)

I'm hoping EA makes them special like Legends used to be back in 14 and that they're sprinkled with that little something that has been missing since then, with only the elite icons playing like god's.

What Icons are a must for you out of the list and do we think this list is the final list?

Yh probably final list there is a chance they could announce more at Gamescom or on twitter but apparently they are gonna be showing the career mode and Pro clubs improvements at Gamescom so I doubt they will show anymore fut features or icons there but 69 icons with 3 individual cards each so 3*69=207 different icon cards in FIFA 19 is pretty good
  • Shaanxz
    20093 posts Club Captain
    I’m intrigued by zidane, since pes and fifa haven’t got him. Wonder if he’s not interested at all or asking for too much
  • UKz GAMER
    edited August 2018
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I’m intrigued by zidane, since pes and fifa haven’t got him. Wonder if he’s not interested at all or asking for too much

Probably too much who's not interested in money and all he would have to do is get his head scanned into the game
  • Gooner
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Really looking forward to
    Eusebio
    Socrates
    Cruyff
    Best
    Stoichkov
    Seedorf

Especially Eusebio just cant wait to get my hands on them and play
  • Reus
    22308 posts Club Captain
    Have EA confirmed socrates and the return of best, stoich etc?
  • Boommaametw3
    1655 posts Play-Off Hero
    69 icons i have heard but at the start since there are no primes available, there are still at least 120 icons in the game. But somehow, EA will only give us Bas Dost, Burki,Dzeko or Jonas
  • ITSSPENO
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    120 icons? Thats insane!
  • Drizzt
    Reus wrote: »

O don't think they've confirmed, but I've seen two leaked lists with them on.

Don't go spoiling my Socrates vibe bud :wink:
  • UKz GAMER
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    120 icons? Thats insane!

He's including different versions of icons there is 69 different icons and 207 different icon cards when all the primes are released into packs
  • Reus
    22308 posts Club Captain
    Reus wrote: »

O don't think they've confirmed, but I've seen two leaked lists with them on.

Don't go spoiling my Socrates vibe bud :wink:

I wouldn't get your hopes up
  • Riggs006
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    R9 was the one this FIFA that I absolutely had to get because he is my favourite player but for FIFA 19 definitely going to want to get that Eusebio card, been waiting for ages for him and his card look insane!
  • IamFrench
    1335 posts Professional
    - All the FUT18 Icons are present on FUT19.
    - Same system as FUT18, three different cards for each icons.
    - The list of new icons FUT19 in their "Prime version"
    (Stats are not confirmed)

These Icons have been revealed by Youtuber "AF5". Not confirmed by EA.
    He got this information because he has played FIFA19

Dj1yPJMXgAIqBqc.jpg

• Ezeni
    6 posts Ball Boy

Why are icones unique to UT?

I would like to play with them in other modes
  • Isco233
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cruyff stats is too high. In every stat.
  • FifaVN
    92 posts Park Captain
    Great list of Icons this year, the only one missing is Zidane and Cafu :( so sad
  • FifaVN
    92 posts Park Captain
    IamFrench wrote: »

Dj1yPJMXgAIqBqc.jpg

so there is no Ronaldinho mate?
  • Andyomazing
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    FifaVN wrote: »

Dj1yPJMXgAIqBqc.jpg

None of the FUT18 icons are on this list maybe this is a list of added to the fut18 icons
  • Boommaametw3
    1655 posts Play-Off Hero
    Isco233 wrote: »

Too high??? its even too low. If this current Neymar is 92 then Prime Cruyff 94 is a disrespect. He should be at least 97 With Maradona and Pele. He is easily among top 5 greatest of all time
  • Isco233
    317 posts Sunday League Hero

Too high??? its even too low. If this current Neymar is 92 then Prime Cruyff 94 is a disrespect. He should be at least 97 With Maradona and Pele. He is easily among top 5 greatest of all time

Neymar should have 88 top. Even less.
    I would give Cruyff shoudnt have same rating as cr7 and Messi.
    I would say 93 max if Messi and Cr7 94.

The problem is that u have some stupid rating like Neymar and Suarez. There ratings are too high.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7396 posts League Winner
    Klose is confirmed??
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12803 posts Has That Special Something
    I won't be as hyped for icons this year as much as I was last year unless I see Giggs, Cafu or nedved added....I've enjoyed then this year, but I hate the 3 versions thing...and there isn't enough fullbacks or wingers
  • Boommaametw3
    1655 posts Play-Off Hero

Neymar should have 88 top. Even less.
    I would give Cruyff shoudnt have same rating as cr7 and Messi.
    I would say 93 max if Messi and Cr7 94.

The problem is that u have some stupid rating like Neymar and Suarez. There ratings are too high.

Cr7 and Messi are not in their prime anymore. They don't deserve the current rating. Prime Cruyff 93 rated??? Don't disrespect a legend like that. You have Okocha and Luis Hernandez 90 rated and give Johan only 93???
  • QuidoFrontiere
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me icons ruines this game (one of a the thing).
  • DazzlingBest
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Soo happy Best is back!!
  • Drizzt

And yet they're back again popular as ever.

You could say CR7 ruins the game, or Bakayoko, or Martial or most sweaty Op players so why do Icons ruin the game?

I'm sure a lot of people will be hankering for Gerrard, Lampard, Raul and hopefully Socrates.

Why would you denail anyone to play with their heroes?
  • Drizzt
    FifaVN wrote: »

Dj1yPJMXgAIqBqc.jpg

It's only the first part of the list. There's a second part.
  • Drizzt
    Ezeni wrote: »
    Why are icones unique to UT?

I would like to play with them in other modes

In FIFA 14,15,16 on the Xbox, you could and the team was classic 11.

Ready... it had Cantina, Zico, Peter Shilton, Voller, Roger Mills, Hugo Sanchez and one of my favourite 80s player Marius Trezor.

Every year I would hope they got promoted to UT, but they never did. Could never understand how EA had the license for them, but not the licence to use them in UT.

Voller and Zico were unbelievable.
  • Kopperhead
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Can’t wait to not pack any of these players and spend 20 hours a week trading to do a “Prime Icon Sbc” if you can’t tell this is sarcasm
  • Drizzt
    Kopperhead wrote: »
    Can’t wait to not pack any of these players and spend 20 hours a week trading to do a “Prime Icon Sbc” if you can’t tell this is sarcasm

Yes mate we can tell :wink:

However... No one is making you do any of the above?

I agree in someways and think they're should be other avenues in getting them besides just coins (playing 1000 full games) scoring 500 goals with brazilians only. Plenty of ways they could make them easier to get than just coins, but hey, when I finally had enough to play with 91 Maradonna and then 95, it made my Fifa this year, just like Kluivert in 2014, Pele in 15, Best in 16, Del Piero in 17.

Sometimes it's about getting that one player that can make your FIFA year and when they play just like you expected, well thats the cherry on the cake.

Sometimes though, they tend to be rubbish... Van Nistlerooy... :(
  • Boommaametw3
    1655 posts Play-Off Hero

And yet they're back again popular as ever.

You could say CR7 ruins the game, or Bakayoko, or Martial or most sweaty Op players so why do Icons ruin the game?

I'm sure a lot of people will be hankering for Gerrard, Lampard, Raul and hopefully Socrates.

Why would you denail anyone to play with their heroes?

Bro fifa 18 there were few meta icons like Vieira,Mattaus,Gullit,Maldini,Carlos,Ronaldo,Ronaldinho now there are so many really good icons like gerard,Raul,Eusebio,Cruyff,Cannavaro etc. Which means players will generally be cheaper than last year and will be easier to get icons.