HDR Too Dark?

TeamExtreme17
1903 posts Play-Off Hero
edited May 11
Any rumours this has been fixed this year? Seeing as they never parched it last year! Last year it made the already pathetically dark night lighting even darker!!
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• mdizzl3
    12291 posts Has That Special Something
    It looked good for me, particularly the WC mode
  • Retro_G
    27333 posts Player of the Year
    You must have a TV with fake HDR. It looked great on my OLED TV.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1903 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »

Fake HDR? So youre telling me with HDR turned on the game ISNT darker than with it off? Because millions of people reported the same thing since launch....
  • Druski5150
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I don’t own an OLED but I have a brand new Sony 900F which is just s notch below OLED and supports both HDR 10 and Dolby Vision HDR. I also have a PS4 Pro. With HDR 10 the night lighting is still dark. If I switch it to Dolby Vision it improves the night lighting to almost passable but washes out the rest of the colors. It’s not a TV or the console issue. EA did not utilize HDR properly in FIFA like they did in Madden 18.

PES Demo drops on Wednesday and Konami is claiming full 4K and HDR support. Looking forward to testing it out on my TV
  • TeamExtreme17
    1903 posts Play-Off Hero
    Druski5150 wrote: »

I don’t own an OLED but I have a brand new Sony 900F which is just s notch below OLED and supports both HDR 10 and Dolby Vision HDR. I also have a PS4 Pro. With HDR 10 the night lighting is still dark. If I switch it to Dolby Vision it improves the night lighting to almost passable but washes out the rest of the colors. It’s not a TV or the console issue. EA did not utilize HDR properly in FIFA like they did in Madden 18.

PES Demo drops on Wednesday and Konami is claiming full 4K and HDR support. Looking forward to testing it out on my TV

So HDR on Madden makes the game look better rather than worse like in Fifa!?

I cant wait for the PES 2019 Demo to test my FAKE HDR...
  • TeamExtreme17
    1903 posts Play-Off Hero
    Still dark in the Fifa 19 Demo, I have to turn HDR Off...
  • hayhor1
    14044 posts Has That Special Something

:D fake hdr
  • TeamExtreme17
    1903 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »

:D fake hdr

Funny how other games look Amazing but Fifa is dark :D nothing to do with my tv..
  • Dan0956
    64 posts Park Captain
    Pro evo looks brilliant in HDR and yes I agree HDR in Fifa looks terrible and was reported by lots of people. Nothing to do with quality of tv.
  • Dan0956
    64 posts Park Captain
    Ok just something on this. Their is now a HDR brightness setting. My default was 100. But I changed it to 13 as that’s the number I could only see one rectangle and I think it’s brighter. Think it is anyway but I need others to test
  • Druski5150
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dan0956 wrote: »
    Ok just something on this. Their is now a HDR brightness setting. My default was 100. But I changed it to 13 as that’s the number I could only see one rectangle and I think it’s brighter. Think it is anyway but I need others to test

That setting was in FIFA 18 as well. I turned it down to about 35 and it did improve the night lighting.
  • SteveG
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just thought I would weigh in on this topic, especially since I own both PES 19, played around 60 games of Fifa 19 beta and around 6 games so far of the demo.

My TV was bought 2 years ago for £3000, it was the flagship top of the range Sony (poss X903) model with 4K and HDR.

PES 19 does look great but the Fifa 19 demo looks even better with HDR on, I would only ask anybody having problems what model is your TV? I will admit I was annoyed with the beta, the colours for me where dark and nowhere as nice as PES, however the demo for me is far superior then PES, I dont know if its down to a re tune on the night lighting and if its going to be as bad on a normal day time pitch (more on that on another thread)

One thing I would say is that PES is not graphically superior, the cutscenes and the replays are very cinematic but the actual gameplay is a bit stale compared to the fifa 19 demo. I hate the pitch in PES it looks very cheap to me, I dont think the pitch in fifa is as bad as some people make it out to be.
  • ViVaWhom
    7220 posts Big Money Move
    i wish they would give us a toggle in the settings to turn off HDR cause their implementation is terrible and i dont want to disable HDR for the whole system
  • deang07
    7921 posts League Winner
    hdr on fifa 19 on my q led is amazing however on my old bravia it wearnt all that.
    you deffo need to tweak the other settings aswell to use hdr but when u get them right its great
  • silencer747
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    HDR?! With this color correction?! let them apply proper coloring first before we start talking about HDR!
  • Sfessatore13
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    Raga fate partire fifa 19 con hdr disattivato e poi una volta avviato del tutto attivato e non avrete probblemi, riguardo ai televisori 4k a led e oled conoscete le differenze o parlate a casaccio.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1903 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 11
    I've tweaked my settings a bit and have turned Dynamic Contrast to Low and increased Brightness from 45 > 50 and Gamma from 0 > 1 and its helped a bit. Turning HDR down in Video Calibration Settings helps too, mine was set as 100 so turned it down to 10..

Game Mode: On
    Backlight: 20
    Brightness: 50
    Contast: 100
    Colour: 60
    Gamma: 1
    Dynamic Contrast: Low
    Colour Space: Native
    In Game HDR: 10

Everything else Off or left as Default.
  • Pwalie86
    1128 posts Professional
    I take HDR off in the settings on my Xbox whenever I play Fifa. It looks perfect with games like Far Cry 5 and Red Dead 2 though.

The night lighting I have in the game are absolutely spot on for me. Only thing which is an EA thing is that Europa League matches have an orangey tinge to them which I'm not a fan of.
  • Richie827
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    It looked good for me, particularly the WC mode

World cup mode looks fine?LOL are we playing the same game? :D

Lighting in WC mode looks like a funeral to me.
  • Pwalie86
    1128 posts Professional
    WC mode on Fifa 18? Or the generic one on Fifa 19? Not tried either but Fifa 18 night lighting was awful. It took EA millions of pounds to get the UEFA license in order to get night lighting better in Fifa 19. :D
  • Richie827
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    WC mode on Fifa 18? Or the generic one on Fifa 19? Not tried either but Fifa 18 night lighting was awful. It took EA millions of pounds to get the UEFA license in order to get night lighting better in Fifa 19. :D

wc mode on fifa 19 though.I call it 100 shades of grey,cuz the lighting is so grey. ;)
  • TeamExtreme17
    1903 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 3
    People with Samsung Tv's this may help brighten your HDR screens:

Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on