Khabib vs. McGregor official October 6th/UFC 227 discussion

Shane
23803 posts Club Captain
edited August 2018

It's finally happening! Think Khabib mauls him unless Conor can land something clean in the first 2 rounds as Khabib is coming in for the takedown, which will be very hard to do.

If not Khabib obliterates him badly and probably finishes him in a brutal manner.

Post edited by Shane on

Comments

• SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    I hope khabib kills him
  • krakos000
    17164 posts World Class
    I'll believe it when they're standing across from each other in the cage. I get 0 hype from any fight announcements anymore
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    krakos000 wrote: »
    I'll believe it when they're standing across from each other in the cage. I get 0 hype from any fight announcements anymore

I feel you, especially since Khabib has been injury prone and had weight cutting issues in the past.
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    krakos000 wrote: »

Don’t crush my dreams I’m in Vegas at that time. :joy:
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    May well end up being the biggest fight of all time in MMA history in terms of PPV numbers. The build up and hype will be a lot of fun
  • FUTRocky77
    1134 posts Professional
    Khabib to fall ill 3 days before the fight.
  • M98H
    12051 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2018
    Khabib to take mcgregor down 30 seconds into the fight, tires him out and proceeds to absolutely demolish him.
  • M98H
    12051 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m the famous words of Khabib on McGregor “he’s tap machine” :joy:
  • Reus
    22034 posts Club Captain
    If khabib can survive the first two rounds there is only one winner
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner
    Shane wrote: »
    May well end up being the biggest fight of all time in MMA history in terms of PPV numbers. The build up and hype will be a lot of fun

By far the biggest!
    M98H wrote: »
    Khabib to take mcgregor down 30 seconds into the fight, tires him out and proceeds to absolutely demolish him.

And then this. Not even a contest once it hits the mat
  • jpsblue
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    it goes one of two ways

Mcgregor catches him and KO's him within 2 rounds

or Khabib rag dolls him for the entire 5 rounds, winning the decision or tko by GNP

cannot **** wait. ultimate fight of style vs style
  • krakos000
    17164 posts World Class
    Someone's gonna pull out I guarantee it. Gonna end up being Kevin Lee vs Nate Diaz for the interim interim interim title
  • o0OainavO0o
    1918 posts Play-Off Hero
    jpsblue wrote: »
    it goes one of two ways

or Khabib rag dolls him for the entire 5 rounds, winning the decision or tko by GNP

Mcgregor likely wins it catching him, not sure of the round, khabib will likely wrestlefuk him the whole fight trying to get his back but he’ll get hit plenty.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2018
    it goes one of two ways

Mcgregor likely wins it catching him, not sure of the round, khabib will likely wrestlefuk him the whole fight trying to get his back but he’ll get hit plenty.

Conor has a small window to hit him, if Khabib gets a hold of him he's going down and not getting back up till the round is over. Conor will gas quick having to deal with constant pressure of the takedown.

Khabib will probably talk to Dana while he batters Conor. Dude is terrifying. His grappling is next level.
  • o0OainavO0o
    1918 posts Play-Off Hero
    it goes one of two ways

Conor has a small window to hit him, if Khabib gets a hold of him he's going down and not getting back up till the round is over. Conor will gas quick having to deal with constant pressure of the takedown.

Khabib will probably talk to Dana while he batters Conor. Dude is terrifying. His grappling is next level.
    You’ve got to get in close to grapple and stay close, Diaz tried that and ended up laying on his back and looking like ground beef, Diaz was bigger and did get his back to win a fight but really got beaten like raw beef win he lost. I feel like khabib is going to be a bit more than Aldo, try to do some head game and backsout or shows and then gets knocked out.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2018
    it goes one of two ways

You’ve got to get in close to grapple and stay close, Diaz tried that and ended up laying on his back and looking like ground beef, Diaz was bigger and did get his back to win a fight but really got beaten like raw beef win he lost. I feel like khabib is going to be a bit more than Aldo, try to do some head game and backsout or shows and then gets knocked out.

Diaz is not a wrestler though lol, and his top game isn't close to Khabib's. Plus in terms of strength Khabib is probably stronger than Diaz. Khabib has literally rag dolled guys with decent grappling, imagine what he would do to someone like Conor who's wrestling and grappling credentials are questionable

Plus Conor is returning after a long time, ring rust could be an issue as well.

Conor has a small chance of winning imo
  • Reus
    22034 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2018
    Conor won't last 5 rounds on his back

He'll get knackered then tap to strikes

He needs to land something big before he gasses half way through round 2
  • Baellerin24
    474 posts Sunday League Hero
    *sigh* It's the popular thing to say Conor will lose now, yes Khabib is insane on the ground but if anyone watched his UFC fights all properly, his standup game is weak. He's been caught by MUCH lesser fighters during those early rounds

That said, it's a very interesting matchup, i've wanted to see this for a long time, love Khabib. He's hilarious.
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner
    it goes one of two ways

Khabib won’t try and get his back at all. He won’t want to choke him, he will want to beat him up mercilessly.
    Reus wrote: »
    Conor won't last 5 rounds on his back

He'll get knackered then tap to strikes

He needs to land something big before he gasses half way through round 2

Conor wouldn’t ever tap to strikes.

• Sercs
    18256 posts World Class
    As one of the rare fans since his cage warrior days.. I hope Conor can do it

Sure people might like Khabib but The guy has frustrated me in the past massively when he’s missing weight or pulling out due to injury and so on. Conor has never pulled from a fight late or missed weight
  • Cantonas Collar
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero
    McGregor KO’s Khabib easy.
  • Hazarddddd
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    I reckon McGregor will win by crane kick to the head knockout followed by a swift jab to the nuts
  • BrentfordFC
    10332 posts Has That Special Something
    McGregor is the underdog by the bookies. Hope he wins tbh.
  • DeanoZoff
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    Sercs wrote: »

Sure people might like Khabib but The guy has frustrated me in the past massively when he’s missing weight or pulling out due to injury and so on. Conor has never pulled from a fight late or missed weight

Except for when he pulled from the main event of UFC 200 cos he was too busy training in Iceland. Which started the whole cluster fook that was UFC 200

My prediction is that Conor lands a few shots in the early stages and then gets mauled until his gas tank fades as per usual
  • iitalic
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Except for when he pulled from the main event of UFC 200 cos he was too busy training in Iceland. Which started the whole cluster fook that was UFC 200

My prediction is that Conor lands a few shots in the early stages and then gets mauled until his gas tank fades as per usual

As usual as in the 1 time it happened.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Considering the terrible ratings UFC needs McGreggor to win.

Aside from Lesnar who is far from reliable they practically have no worldwide mainstream massive starpower left.

The fact the contender series prioritises entertainment over technique speaks volume.
  • DeanoZoff
    iitalic wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

As usual as in the 1 time it happened.

Both Diaz fights and the Mayweather fight is more than once
  • iitalic
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero

Aside from Lesnar who is far from reliable they practically have no worldwide mainstream massive starpower left.

The fact the contender series prioritises entertainment over technique speaks volume.

McGregor loses he rematches khabib and fight will be even bigger. Biggest ufc ppv ever isMcGregor Diaz 2 and him coming back from a loss.
  • DeanoZoff
    iitalic wrote: »

McGregor loses he rematches khabib and fight will be even bigger. Biggest ufc ppv ever isMcGregor Diaz 2 and him coming back from a loss.

Ferguson deserves a shot at the title as soon as hes recovered.

Plus if Poirier beats Diaz, thats 1 more in line that deserves a shot.

But knowing the UFC and how much they love Conor, he will get whatever he asks for.
  • Couchy
    9111 posts League Winner
    If Conor loses this fight in the manner I believe he will. He won’t won’t anything to do with a rematch.