• Retro_G
    28157 posts Player of the Year
    Is it an open beta?
  • xFATAL
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Is it an open beta?

Preorders only

Played about 4 hrs and I'm enjoying it. Similar to BO3 but feels more balanced and maps are pretty good overall.
  • Pxul_
    7724 posts League Winner
    How’s the jumping?
  • Devers
    7398 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    How’s the jumping?

• Mini_Miudo
    9963 posts Has That Special Something
    They patched the Hong Kong method, bruh. So it's fine every year and some people did it this year before it got patched, but suddenly it's not allowed. -_-
  • Retro_G
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Is it an open beta?

Preorders only

Played about 4 hrs and I'm enjoying it. Similar to BO3 but feels more balanced and maps are pretty good overall.

Can I pre-order it now digitally, get to play the beta? BO3 was my favorite COD this gen.
  • Retro_G
    Never mind, just checked. You can still get into the beta if you digitally pre-order now. Digital Deluxe looks like the best version, comes with the black ops pass.
  • Retro_G
    I've it on download, 32GB is very large for a beta and will take me a half hour.
  • Zv1k0
    5874 posts Big Money Move
    I've been watching some beta gameplay videos and I can't understand why people keep buying COD games every year. Does it feel different from year to year? Because it looks the same since MW2 imo. :D
  • Gazza
    5248 posts Big Money Move
    Still not got my code :'(
  • xFATAL
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    I've been watching some beta gameplay videos and I can't understand why people keep buying COD games every year. Does it feel different from year to year? Because it looks the same since MW2 imo. :D

They have a Battleroyal coming to BO4 so IMO you're getting 2 games in one depending on how well they make it. I'm personally more of a Battlefield follower but I don't like the direction BF is going and have 0 interest in BFV. At least with COD i'll be able to squad up with IRL friends who always buy it.
  • Zv1k0

They have a Battleroyal coming to BO4 so IMO you're getting 2 games in one depending on how well they make it. I'm personally more of a Battlefield follower but I don't like the direction BF is going and have 0 interest in BFV. At least with COD i'll be able to squad up with IRL friends who always buy it.

Ok, fair enough. But what if I asked you the same question 1 year ago? Not you exactly since I feel like you don't buy it every year but someone who does. Why?
  • xFATAL

Ok, fair enough. But what if I asked you the same question 1 year ago? Not you exactly since I feel like you don't buy it every year but someone who does. Why?

I actually have bought cod every year since WAW but most of them only held my interest for a month or so. The one's that i've got the most longevity on were Black ops, I think Treyarch does the best of all the dev teams that make COD. Plus I just need a new shooter since I'm still playing BF4.

I'm a decent sized seller on Ebay so If I don't like it I'll sell while it's fairly new and get most my money back.
  • Retro_G
    edited August 2018

I actually have bought cod every year since WAW but most of them only held my interest for a month or so. The one's that i've got the most longevity on were Black ops, I think Treyarch does the best of all the dev teams that make COD. Plus I just need a new shooter since I'm still playing BF4.

I'm a decent sized seller on Ebay so If I don't like it I'll sell while it's fairly new and get most my money back.

Yeah Treyarch make the best cod games. I only buy cod once every three years for the Treyarch game. Gunplay feels great in this game, the time to kill is a lot longer though, Spanish players are sponging.

I'm playing on UK servers with a low ping, no packet loss, getting robbed in some gunfights. Press start, go to network in options, you can turn on the connection meter, that will tell you your ping after pressing start in game. Black Ops 3 was smooth online, hopefully Treyarch get on top of this, adjust the lag comp, because at the moment it's favouring high pingers.
  • xFATAL

Yeah Treyarch make the best cod games. I only buy cod once every three years for the Treyarch game. Gunplay feels great in this game, the time to kill is a lot longer though, Spanish players are sponging.

I'm playing on UK servers with a low ping, no packet loss, getting robbed in some gunfights. Press start, go to network in options, you can turn on the connection meter, that will tell you your ping after pressing start in game. Black Ops 3 was smooth online, hopefully Treyarch get on top of this, adjust the lag comp, because at the moment it's favouring high pingers.

Yeah the gunfights can be really annoying So many times I get someone down to almost no health and they kill me. I think alot of the issues with that are because the servers are getting hammered and it just released so they need to tweak some stuff. Also not sure why they decided to have an armor perk(That everyone is using) I feel I need to counter with it or I lose almost every gunfight.
  • Retro_G

Yeah the gunfights can be really annoying So many times I get someone down to almost no health and they kill me. I think alot of the issues with that are because the servers are getting hammered and it just released so they need to tweak some stuff. Also not sure why they decided to have an armor perk(That everyone is using) I feel I need to counter with it or I lose almost every gunfight.

The armor perk is meta. :joy: I got back to back choppers in my last game of hardpoint. The need to lower the cost of score streaks in TDM, they're too difficult to earn, but they're easy to earn in objective modes.

The game is growing on me, you need to play a lot more tactically, can win gunfights by strafing, throwing your enemies aim off and can't wait to unlock the stock.
  • Gazza
    5248 posts Big Money Move
    I'll stick to Gears, games awful.
  • xFATAL
    Gazza wrote: »

I think it will be decent when full game releases but the problem with this game is the same major problem COD suffers from...P2P connections and lag comp lead to inconsistent connections for everyone in the game , One game i'm a god and next I can't kill a thing. Which is pretty much why Battlefield has been my go to shooter for so long, At least on dedicated servers if you're lagging most likely everyone is.
  • Retro_G

I think it will be decent when full game releases but the problem with this game is the same major problem COD suffers from...P2P connections and lag comp lead to inconsistent connections for everyone in the game , One game i'm a god and next I can't kill a thing. Which is pretty much why Battlefield has been my go to shooter for so long, At least on dedicated servers if you're lagging most likely everyone is.

It's running smooth for me the last few hours. It was a mess during peek hours. The game is using dedicated servers, can see them on my netduma. The servers are located in Ireland, England, France, Holland and Germany.

I'm getting a lot of framerate drops though and they will throw off your aim. What's your ping showing when you press start during a game. The green bars at the bottom?
  • xFATAL

It's running smooth for me the last few hours. It was a mess during peek hours. The game is using dedicated servers, can see them on my netduma. The servers are located in Ireland, England, France, Holland and Germany.

I'm getting a lot of framerate drops though and they will throw off your aim. What's your ping showing when you press start during a game. The green bars at the bottom?

Was hovering between 13ms-32ms when I tested it, Probably alot worse during peek times though. I have an older PS4 and have heard the PS4 Pro is running the game much better although I really haven't experienced major issues. After watching a few streamers play I think i'm having far less issues than most, Game was running pretty smooth a few hours ago and was by far my best performance on the game thus far.
  • Retro_G

Was hovering between 13ms-32ms when I tested it, Probably alot worse during peek times though. I have an older PS4 and have heard the PS4 Pro is running the game much better although I really haven't experienced major issues. After watching a few streamers play I think i'm having far less issues than most, Game was running pretty smooth a few hours ago and was by far my best performance on the game thus far.

Good ping, nothing wrong on your end. I'm using the PS4 Pro, still have framerate drops, it's surprising because the textures are low quailty, the graphics are outdated. They need to invest in a new engine. Have you unlocked the ABR 223 tactical rifle? That gun melts enemies.
  • xFATAL
    edited August 2018

Good ping, nothing wrong on your end. I'm using the PS4 Pro, still have framerate drops, it's surprising because the textures are low quailty, the graphics are outdated. They need to invest in a new engine. Have you unlocked the ABR 223 tactical rifle? That gun melts enemies.

I haven't, It looks good though. Starter guns seem op compared to the last guns of each class, I'm sure they will re balance. Hard for me to get away from the MX9 but i'll eventually try them all out. As for the textures I bet they were toned down for the beta for performance purposes, Actual game should look alot better.
  • Retro_G

I haven't, It looks good though. Starter guns seem op compared to the last guns of each class, I'm sure they will re balance. Hard for me to get away from the MX9 but i'll eventually try them all out. As for the textures I bet they were toned down for the beta for performance purposes, Actual game should look alot better.

The MX9 is a monster, can see that getting nerfed. Yeah hopefully the full game looks better, but who buys COD for graphics? They've been awful for years, it's all about the gunplay. I was a bit sceptical about the longer time to kill a first, although I'm now starting to enjoy it immensely. You just go for headshots and game feels more skill based. I hope they leave the health at 150.
  • Devers
    7398 posts League Winner
    Do you have to pre order to get it, or will it be open beta anytime?
  • Mini_Miudo
    Devers wrote: »

You can preorder from Amazon, get the code, cancel the preorder. Bit of a **** move but I've just done it. :lol: I actually wasn't getting the code, but went on live chat to them and the dude was actually helpful.

Might be open during like the last day of next weekend, they do that sometimes, but wouldn't count on it.
  • Zv1k0
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

You can preorder from Amazon, get the code, cancel the preorder. Bit of a **** move but I've just done it. :lol: I actually wasn't getting the code, but went on live chat to them and the dude was actually helpful.

Might be open during like the last day of next weekend, they do that sometimes, but wouldn't count on it.

Is that for PS4? Probably PC right? Maybe it will be open beta, it was for WW2 so there's a chance.
  • Mini_Miudo

Is that for PS4? Probably PC right? Maybe it will be open beta, it was for WW2 so there's a chance.

PC will be an open beta. They usually let everyone in for PS4 for the last day or two, but they never announce it so can't be certain it will happen.
  • Devers
    7398 posts League Winner

Will try it :smile:
  • Mini_Miudo
    Not a big fan of the maps and some of the equipments in the game, but the gameplay itself and the feel of the weapons is awesome!