The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Should every league get their own TOTS?

Ryno
6532 posts Big Money Move
With MLS All-Stars not happening this year, it made me a bit upset that the league wouldn't be getting its yearly TOTS. But then it got me thinking about all the other leagues that have never gotten their own TOTS. So, should every league (that is fully licensed) get their own TOTS? Yes? No? Why? Why not?

Should every league get their own TOTS? 50 votes

Yes! More variation!
62%
o0OainavO0oLeonidasJBVICTAAAAvibemix881chaser2k15SercsShaqiriIl THE WOLF lIChubbsAntparry92Jono6989Paciga45JohnDoePiemanWFCBagnallKeanoAddicksfanmachewHibeeROCKNROLLA 31 votes
No! Too many specials!
26%
UM4RDiggyPMr. SoperAzofKnowlesdinhoYOLOT0UREDeisel321Masscherano1690_Ulster_FCPrimalitsagottamagicMonkeyFutty 13 votes
Don't really care
12%
LFC Simon 98XxRichiexRichxXSebCFC123Tornado31619Summer69Idek 6 votes

Comments

• Shaanxz
    21161 posts Club Captain
    They will for 19 imo, this year they didn’t bother for some reason. Due too World Cup mode
  • P
    7738 posts League Winner
    No! Too many specials!
    Most should but not all. Maybe just bunch all the smaller less desirable leagues into a rotw tots. We don't need a full Saudi league tots.
  • Azof
    17616 posts World Class
    No! Too many specials!
    Leave it for the good leagues.
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    Yes! More variation!
    It wouldn't hurt anyone so don't see why so many are against it.
  • Antparry92
    18880 posts World Class
    Yes! More variation!
    It doesn’t hurt anyone, and there’s more variation which let’s be honest is desperately needed
  • Hibee
    12406 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes! More variation!
    Even just 1 special Scottish card would be nice.
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    No! Too many specials!
    No. Some obscure crap player will still be crap even with a +10 and worth nothing.

It’s just disappointment if you pack it.
  • Knowlesdinho
    12867 posts Has That Special Something
    No! Too many specials!
    No. Some obscure **** player will still be **** even with a +10 and worth nothing.

This.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    Yes! More variation!
    No. Some obscure **** player will still be **** even with a +10 and worth nothing.

This.

But would you rather pack a discard tots or some 79 rated nif? I just don't see a problem either way tbh. Was interesting how they did things this year, I will say that.
  • Antparry92
    18880 posts World Class
    Yes! More variation!
    yerwaltz wrote: »

This.

But would you rather pack a discard tots or some 79 rated nif? I just don't see a problem either way tbh. Was interesting how they did things this year, I will say that.

They’d rather the 79 rated just to spite others so long as they’re catered to :joy:
  • Knowlesdinho
    No! Too many specials!

This.

The only packs I open are from SBCs anyway so it makes no difference to me.
  • Knowlesdinho
    No! Too many specials!
    Antparry92 wrote: »

This.

They’d rather the 79 rated just to spite others so long as they’re catered to :joy:

Not really, I just don’t see the point of having tots for leagues like the Irish league or the German 3rd division.

They pretty much got rid of bronze IFs this year, so if they had done tots for all leagues, we would have ended up with lower league players with better stats than mid range prem players etc. That just seems stupid to me.
  • Antparry92
    18880 posts World Class
    Yes! More variation!

This.

Not really, I just don’t see the point of having tots for leagues like the Irish league or the German 3rd division.

They pretty much got rid of bronze IFs this year, so if they had done tots for all leagues, we would have ended up with lower league players with better stats than mid range prem players etc. That just seems stupid to me.
    Why is it stupid if it wouldn’t hinder you in anyway? Giving them either 74 silver or low 80’s TOTS in the same way they’ve boosted IF ratings.
    You still get to use your high end Prem players and others get collectible fun cards to use
  • Knowlesdinho
    edited August 2018
    No! Too many specials!

This.

Why is it stupid if it wouldn’t hinder you in anyway? Giving them either 74 silver or low 80’s TOTS in the same way they’ve boosted IF ratings.
    You still get to use your high end Prem players and others get collectible fun cards to use

Don’t get me wrong, I like the collectible fun players. I just think that the way they changed things with totw this year, could lead to ridiculous ratings for players that don’t deserve it, and thus putting them on par with standard gold nifs.

If they did it how you suggest, so it was relative, then I don’t see that much of a problem. I’d rather it not happen though, imagine the pack weight :joy:
  • Fab
    19423 posts World Class
    as my mama always used to say the more the merrier
  • Knowlesdinho
    No! Too many specials!
    Fab wrote: »

I was there that evening.
  • Currieman
    4993 posts Big Money Move
    Yes! More variation!
    The problem is where do you draw the line. Don't think many people are gonna care about a TOTS for the German 3rd division apart from the die hard fans of that league which won't be very many compared to the EPL for example.
  • WFCBagnall
    75416 posts Moderator
    Yes! More variation!
    Currieman wrote: »
    The problem is where do you draw the line. Don't think many people are gonna care about a TOTS for the German 3rd division apart from the die hard fans of that league which won't be very many compared to the EPL for example.

But there's still supporters from that league who play the game.
  • Antparry92
    18880 posts World Class
    Yes! More variation!
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Bags understands the lower league struggles
  • Currieman
    4993 posts Big Money Move
    Yes! More variation!
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

I do completely appreciate that. I was thinking of it from more of a "Can EA be arsed to waste their valuable resources" perspective. I think every league should have a TOTS but it takes EA 6 months to fix the smallest of issues so I don't have much hope.
  • Keano
    15335 posts World Class
    Yes! More variation!
    Yes, may make squad building better than if you have to use a 76 rared non rare who looks meh, to using his TOTS that although isn't meta or up there with the best leagues, can still do a job for you rather than be auto subbed off.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    A whole TOTS would be a bit much, some leagues only have 10 clubs.
    But at least a few TOTS would be fair.

e.g. put 2-3 of the lower leagues together.
    They once kinda did it like that, Benelux, Swiss+Austrian+2nd German etc.
  • Ulook92
    14624 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2018
    Leagues like Liga NOS, Eredivisie, Super Liga and Russian League etc should get their own TOTS like the top 5.

ROTW should only be for the small leagues like Saudi, Pro League, MX etc. And MLS( :trollface: jokes)
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    In the middle, more than this year but not every league. I think there's over 40 leagues on FIFA, assuming a squad of 18 there would be over 700 TOTS cards. Maybe join some together such as Germany 2 & 3, league 1,2 & 3 making one squad for each
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    In my opinion, we should be able to improve the players. For example for every 10 games or 100 games or 100 goals or whatever to increase stats and so at some point every card should be like a TOTS (if you put enough effort into them)
    Surely for an increase from 94 to 95 overall, the tasks should be insane, but from 60-70 to 80 should be attainable in a few days or a week.
  • Hippyboy6
    16906 posts World Class
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    In my opinion, we should be able to improve the players. For example for every 10 games or 100 games or 100 goals or whatever to increase stats and so at some point every card should be like a TOTS (if you put enough effort into them)
    Surely for an increase from 94 to 95 overall, the tasks should be insane, but from 60-70 to 80 should be attainable in a few days or a week.

It's what PES do, players start level 1 then move up to their max level based on IG XP awarded. If it was just games played, people would spam TOTW & quit at KO
  • Idek
    12795 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't really care

This.

The only packs I open are from SBCs anyway so it makes no difference to me.

It does though because you could pack some crappy TOTS with a discard value of 10 to 20k instead of whatever their base card would go for
  • Jono6989
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes! More variation!

Can confirm, came in attendance also :)
  • Addicksfan
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Yes! More variation!
    I like TOTS of the lesser leagues, like that Pabon card from a couple of Fifa's ago....

• yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    Yes! More variation!

DAAAAAAYUUMMM