Introducing The Pitch Notes | Gameplay Deep Dive

Comments

• comet213
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am interested in little problems.
    Kit Name and number, Mixing Kit, Sorting League Table, Game Face, Sleeve patch, Number of Bench player...
    I wonder whether Fixing or Reviving these are impossilble technically.
  • WizardMD
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 1
    This problem can be fixed even 1 month away from releasing the game and it really bothers me cause it doesn't look authentic even though it is a little detail

GvFkfmZ.png
    46bOz9x.png
  • Online manager mode with friends.
    It’ll be cool to get some friends in the same league, compete for titles and transfers.
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    Trazilla wrote: »
    Online manager mode with friends.
    It’ll be cool to get some friends in the same league, compete for titles and transfers.

It would be awesome
  • Michel904
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 1
    If you get a red card, you always get 1 match suspension, maybe it should have more variation
  • In career mode, old people like Robben, get a downgrade pretty quick fix that
  • Will you change the cutscene of winning CL and Europa League? I hope you will.
  • Wayne44
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 1
    CityDan87 wrote: »
    Some existing stadiums in the Premiership that need updating.

For example there's a huge gap between the nets and the stand behind both goals at St. James Park and the same applies at Vicarage Road, both grounds have the stand directly behind the goal. Also the Etihad Stadium still has a huge gap between the touch line and the east stand on the far side of the pitch as you see the game as you play it, this changed years ago. the etihad pitch plays right up to the stand and has done for 3-4 years now. Also goal netting has changed, etihad has white and it's still black. Maybe just an option on match settings could let you change the colour of the netting perhaps?

It doesn't sound much, but it's the smallest of things like this that adds to the realism and gives the game such a good visual presentation. There aren't loads, but there are plenty of grounds that need slight tweaks and some changes, could you review the examples above please! Thanks.

:)
  • Wayne44
    8 posts Ball Boy
    comet213 wrote: »
    Please fix night lighting
    Please remove stupid color filter

:)
  • Have you fixed the kick off glitch?
  • SajadSaRe13
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 1
    U should really think about the career deals
    Although u brought in bonuses but LOAN DEALS needs to be more accurate, USERS can just get player under 23 in loan
    There is no obligation to buy
    OPTION to buy is toooo restricted,
    OBLIGATION to buy in certain games or goals or minutes played
    Exchanging two plyer for one
    Etc
  • Why are u scanning faces of EPL every year
    But other big teams and leagues had not been scanned for many years
    Ac milan, leverkusen, sevilla, roma, monaco , benfica etc
    Theres too many big teams but u prefer scanning west brom instead of big teams
    I know u R partnering with Epl but u will loose your players when PES making realistic faces in every team
  • big problems
    1.LOAN DEALS ACCEPTANCE FOR every one not just under 23
    2.FACE SCANNING FOR OTHER TEAMS & LEAGUES not just epl
    3.OBLIGATION/OPTION to buy
    4.selling / sending on loan when buying someone
    5.FREEAGENTS
    6.realistic budgeting for every team base on their league position and participation in more advanced position of UCL or EL
  • I have lots of requests for FIFA 19:

Faces and licenses:

- Add more faces out of the BPL (Bundesliga, LaLiga, Ligue 1, Serie A ...)
    - Add the Groupama Stadium (formerly Parc OL) and two other French stadiums (Matmum-Atlantique for Bordeaux, and the Allianz Riviera for Nice)
    - Add the official scoreboards for Ligue 1 Conforama, and Serie A TIM
    - Add the teams that participated in the last World Cup in Russia (Croatia, Senegal, Iran, Japan ...)
    - Add European stadiums for the immersion of the Champion's League and the Europa League

Graphics:

- Correct night lighting, it's too dark
    - Remove the filters in some stages where I feel that the colors are bland
    - More cinematics during matches:
    => Serious injury to the player who remains on the ground, and the player who warms up taking off his jersey, ready to replace the injured player
    => Medical assistance for a player staying on the ground
    => Player accompanied by the medical staff on the edge of the field
    => The captain who gives his armband to another player if he is replaced
    => Tension between players of two rival teams during a derby (ex: Manchester United against Manchester City)

Gameplay:

- Slow down the game, for a more realistic game
    - Correct the defense managed by the AI
    - Improve goalkeepers
    - No more ping pong passes
    - Possibility of a fourth substitution at knockout matches, only during extra time (like they did at World Cup)
    - Add more tactics during corners and free kicks

Online:

- Add level filters (eg: FUMA or FUTO, Sliders or not, AI levels played offline, etc ...), it would be much better.

Career Mode:

- Return of loan with option to purchase
    - Gameface for coaches or players (with an application like that of NBA Live)
    - Badges that change according to the competition played

I know this thread is only about the gameplay, but being French, and Lyonnais, I really like to see the Groupama Stadium in FIFA 19 (especially that it was planned in FIFA 18). :p
  • I'll keep things short, because I would have so much to say, as I usually do every single year, so now I'll focus only on 2 or 3 things.

First of all, it's nice to see that EA is starting to really listen to the community, let's see how it goes :)

So:
    - Bring back Game Face on pro clubs, it has been there on fifa 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, then a new graphics engine came and it disappears, sad.
    Gameplay wise:
    - correct once and for all the player stamina, it's more crucial on pro clubs than other modes but nevertheless, nowadays you can basically be running all the time with you player, it completely ruins the entire gameplay and consequently the fun.
    - L2+R2 should tell your player to stop/cancel an action, right? It doesn't work when your player is automatically running to a ball that you don't want to chase, for instance, to let the ball leave the field or to prevent an offside.
    - button/action delay, sometimes it's so laggy, even on offline matches, which is weird. But the worst case of all is the button to make a tackle, it have so much delay that when the player actually does the tackle the player is already gone, we are talking about more than a second delay.
    - Some game rules should be correctly implemented, like the offside rule only should apply if the player intervenes on the play. Passing the ball to the goalkeeper, the keeper sometimes holds the ball in its hand, he cannot do this. After a player commits a fault for yellow card, but the referee gives the offense advantage, you can do every fault you want with other players, that you'll never get another yellow card for them, it will show the card only to the first one, this is obviously wrong. Have more coherent referee, you can make a fault for yellow card and the next play the other time does a similar or worse fault, but the referee just does the animation telling it was the last time and doesn't give him the yellow card. And what about sliding tackles on players that doesn't even have the ball? shouldn't they simply receive a red card?? nowadays, sometimes it's not fault at all...

Cheers

Good mention on yellow cards & advantage decision buy refs
  • LordBob
    65 posts Park Captain
    edited August 1
    LordBob wrote: »
    I'm confused, is this a post attempting to engage with the community?
    Are you feeling ok Aidan?

Nevertheless... this is good to see, by the way... but you should be asking your community for feedback BEFORE you implement your gameplay features, not after it... and eventually proceed to ignore said suggestions until next year rolls around.
    It's nice that you acknowledged that you're listening to the community in regards to the problems of fifa 18... but there has been countless suggestions over the last few years to make fifa so much better.
    Career mode is my biggest gripe. Online pro clubs.. but hey - there's countless, detailed suggestions on how to improve the game and MAKE MORE MONEY for the EA empire.

Where are these suggestions?
    Right under your noses - on this forum, on every single social media platform operated by EA sports, reddit. all over the place. Just look.

Honestly, invest in better community engagement and you'll be laughing.

Amen! Personally, until I see that they're legitimately in these forums actively communicating with us, I'm considering this a bunch of hot air. Prove me wrong. PLEASE.

Thanks - I'm going to go with just hot air too. :smile:

@EA_Aidan Honestly, these forums could use some work too. Having to scroll through pages upon pages of suggestions (which have been suggested for years, mind you) and trying to pluck out developer responses is a little painful. Yeah, I did it, but 95% of people won't. I appreciate that you'll 'get answers' from the team and likely announce them, rather than it getting lost in a busy thread.

• Great to see EA specifically asking for community feedback. Love the game and looking forward to hearing the Chmapions League soundtrack bellow out of my TV.

Here are my notes - I tried to keep them brief...

General:
    - More new and updated game faces = whole Arsenal team is out of date and so many notable players from Serie A have generic faces. WC mode alleviated this slightly (e.g. Mertens, Florenzi) but if you're so conscious about pushing authenticity, this is a must!
    - Improved celebrations = i'm going to take a leaf out of PES here; their celebration cut scenes are flawless and look so much better than FIFA's. They are super-enhanced versions of the Fox engine and EA could do more with Frostbite to create better cinematics.

Career Mode (short and snappy):
    - More in-depth statistics and visualisations (think FM) specifically across seasons. How about a scatterplot of how many goals Kane has scored across seasons? How about a goals per minute played statistic? I could go on.
    - More ways to spend money:All you can do is buy/renew players, either current or youth. How about investing in stadium redevelopments?
    - More ways to earn money: teams can earn income on and off the pitch. How about sponsorship renegotiation? Perhaps there is licensing issues here but would be awesome; same for broadcast. Adding social elements e.g. number of social followers, engagements as a benchmark for club/brand awareness would be awesome; could feedback into sponsorship renewals. It happens in real life...
    - Better interactions: It's all well and good that player X wants to leave but I have no way of directly responding to this. Player meetings, team talks and press conferences would be greatly appreciated. More in-depth interactions with the board could also be great.
    - Overhauled news feed: Lets face it, its slow and doesnt load any content half the time. What about meaningful and contextual pieces around your season and the competitions you play in.
    - Increase volume of players available on transfer market via transfer listed
    - PLEASEEEEEEEEE add the option to sign for a new club AT THE END OF YOUR SEASON! Also update when jobs become available (all seem to be at teh end of the season). It ruins a season when you win everything with club X but join Y just before a Chmapions League final....
    - Player history! In depth history of each player (e.g. transfers, goals, awards etc).

If I see at least 1 of these in FIFA 19 I'll take it

Absolutely agree with FACES SCANS, OPTION & OBLIGATION TO BUY, sponsoring was introduced in pes but its hard
  • Icatalin03
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Romanian League in FIFA 19 , please ????????????????
  • mfmaxpower
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm just super worried that we've yet to hear anything about improvements to the defensive side of the game. What's the point in implementing a deep tactical system if tactics aren't even necessary to win because it's so easy to create chances no matter the conditions?

In FIFA 18, playing on Legendary, it's rare that I don't score 3+ goals. Attack is just WAY too easy. Without defensive AI improvements, it's tough to see tactics being implemented well or having much of an impact.
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    edited August 1
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    I'm just super worried that we've yet to hear anything about improvements to the defensive side of the game. What's the point in implementing a deep tactical system if tactics aren't even necessary to win because it's so easy to create chances no matter the conditions?

In FIFA 18, playing on Legendary, it's rare that I don't score 3+ goals. Attack is just WAY too easy. Without defensive AI improvements, it's tough to see tactics being implemented well or having much of an impact.

Problem is not the defensive AI. The real problem is that attacking is too easy.
    Auto-pass ruined fifa 18. (with the help of driven shots and kick off)
    I hope to see less help (direction and power) to see who really can create chances.
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1354 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can we have the FA WPL please?
  • Steven Lai
    14 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2
    too many" hit the post" in FIFA18 ,pls fix this issue in FIFA19
  • V_I_Lenin17
    57 posts Park Captain
    General
    1.slow the game down
    2.stop ridiculously accurate blind passing, still happening.

Clubs
    1.Players rating/ability/skills to go up and down depending on form/performance in game and not stay up/high just because number of games played
    2.stamina to actually mean something to stop the constant 90 min sprinting and position ignoring
    3.game face- what's the point in your own pro if you can't get it to look like yourself, was in the game before, so easily introduced
    4.pro club points won after finishing in league position to be used to buy AI players/special kits/grounds
    5.access to cup and competitions for finishing in higher league positions.
  • Some other notes i wanted to add: FUT
    A lot people talk about it but i have one point i do not a lot of people do not talk about is objectives. After completing all the daily objectives i should be rewarded like 15k or 20k pack and for weekly objectives completin all of them for 25k or 45k pack( depending on hard is objectives not randomized)
    Pro club
    see kits before entering the games
    remove goalkeeper and celebration glitches ( goalkeeper glitch when there is a penalty the goalkeeper gives his back to the ball and I can run with player like forever except if i did a certain celebration of teammates caught me)
    Skill points should be acquired so daily or weekly objectives and should have special events ( like promo events in FUT) such as golden boy or The best
    Having new boots where can i get either with grinding to a certain level or just buy it. Any feedback or quotes will be much appreciated
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Any news about servers upgrade?,
    You guys can make a Million suggestions, but aslong the servers are not improved, it's **** useless, are you lot stupid?, stop making suggestions f or the de VS, ask about te servers, they gonna get away with it Once again, cause you people ask te wrong Questions.

All these features mean Nothing when you can not execute them correctly due to servers bieng crap.

So STOP maki g suggestions and only ask about servers, until we get a Awnser!!!!, Else they gonna Shouf it under the Carpet again.

Wake the..... Up
  • SajadSaRe13
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2
    Dragond81 wrote: »
    Any news about servers upgrade?,
    You guys can make a Million suggestions, but aslong the servers are not improved, it's **** useless, are you lot stupid?, stop making suggestions f or the de VS, ask about te servers, they gonna get away with it Once again, cause you people ask te wrong Questions.

All these features mean Nothing when you can not execute them correctly due to servers bieng ****.

So STOP maki g suggestions and only ask about servers, until we get a Awnser!!!!, Else they gonna Shouf it under the Carpet again.

Wake the..... Up

What R u talking about?
    Ive no problems even im in iran with 20mb intenet
    Its ok when im playing fut or online ranking games
  • Let us choose between 3 different types of assissted semi-assissted &manual for through passes , shots , crosses , short passes
    Let the players have more freedom's it help the unpredictability of the gameplay,
  • Make assissted shots & passes less accurate, its not realistic
    Let the players directional control play bigger part in game
  • Freekicks
    Theres problme with freekicks camera, when the camera is changing we miss the scene, and its not fluently shown, its like we have a blinking in every freekicks
  • Theres too many goals especially in player vs player, shots should become harder