Introducing The Pitch Notes | Gameplay Deep Dive

Comments

• Let us control our keepers a bit more the automatic switching is so late that we concede too many goals and icons should feel like icons I spent 450k on Schmeichel icon card he was crap! Begovic is better than him had to put him in an sbc.
  • Fifa me
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    fifa 19, needs change to player positioning at corners -

players need to be able to choose which players mark the front post etc from corners. fifa 18 will often put Kante at the front post or small fullback and its frustrating to defend the front post with your shortest player...or if we cant choose at least auto assign players by height so that your taller players mark your opponents taller players.
  • Fifa me
    the new features look great and very exciting...... but balance is really important.

if an attacker is gona flick a defender the the defender needs a tool to be able to defend it and that will work if the player who is controlling the defender makes the correct choice.

i love the new features but please make sure your not adding more 'glitch' situations where the attacking player bundles through the defender in a good position.
  • Fifa me
    Biggest problem with 18 was the game connection and solution is simple - auto adjust visuals and protect gameplay speed and integrity in fifa 19.
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2041 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think one of the most pressing questions is what is happening to the low driven shot? it appears the new perfect timing shot uses the same controls?

Also any information on upgrading the servers would be quite useful, played a few online season games yesterday ... connection was terrible in 2 out of 4 games
  • Love the idea of all these features. Curious to know how the plan for pressing the shoot button again for timed inishing will work when you already have to press the shoot button twice for a driven shot.

Does this mean driven shots no longer exist? Or is it that you’d need to hit shoot 3 times to execute a timed, driven shot?

Driven shot has moved. You need to hold a shoulder button and press shoot

• Fifa me
    Other new features needed in fifa 19:

-full stat area that truly gives in-depth tracking of players stats.

-an Arena in fut (ideally that u could invite a friend into.)

-more camera angle options......and expandable dome with option to place camera anywhere on it would be ideal + add option to have same camera position in 1st and 2nd half.

-change the kit selection problem from fifa 18 so that opponents start games in their chosen kits but that u can force them into your away kit if you feel the need that the kits are too similar.

-Referees should never get in the way, just make him animate jump over the ball or make him a ghost.

-defending needs to be fair and balanced, choose the wrong way and lose the ball, but choose the right way and win the ball.

-gk's should learn to parry the ball to safety rather than straight to opposition strikers. a disabling of the player lock system after a powererfull shot or gk parry would help this.

-attacking players need to be worse at tackling, in fifa 18 some players like salah was as effective at tackling and getting the ball as a cb or dm......or at least those players should suffer more stamina loss if they do act like that.

-holding possession for long periods should be harder when the defending team presses.

-the star system for skills and week foot should be replaced with a rating out of 100 allowing players to improve in those areas if they get a lot of special cards throughout fut.

-player instructions need to have more effect, and there should be more options. if you tell a player to stay back then he should actually stay back

-you should be able to choose work rates on players yourself (stamina-no but work rates-yes)

- pro clubs stamina needs looking at. great game mode but all the players sprinting around the ball can be fixed by reducing stamina or potentially reducing stamina re-generation.

-should link pro clubs and fut......bring a fut player (maybe gold only) to use in pro clubs (maybe a specific game mode of clubs).......and vice versa, be able to import your virtual pro into fut (potentially to where as a skin for one of the players you have bought n your club).

-long passing should be more difficult for players with lower passing stats.

-fut chemistry should be re-written......allow more players to become 'usable' by finding a way to allow players to bring in players from random leagues and nations. (maybe earning more chemistry through games played....maybe making a player untradable in return for more chemistry or a card that gives icon link status to players in your club or be able to assign a captain to one player in your club giving them icon link status)

-reduce ea tax when you are selling a player for less coins than it was purchased for (tax should be on profit only)

-5 aside mode in fut (potentiel built into a fut arena.....casual and fun)
  • EA_Aidan
    74 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Good feedback all, thanks!

I'm working on getting answers to some of the main questions asked here so far. Will let you know as soon as I can.

-Aido
  • comet213
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 1
    Devs said they cooperate with broadcaster.
    But Replay still mainly shows last shooting only. Angle is not various.
    And Camera angle in Cut scenes still far from reallife.
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1354 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bronze players should be more competitive!

Maybe you could change chemistry styles so all gold players can get a 3 chevron boost, all silver players can get a 6 chevron boost, and all bronze players can get a 9 chevron boost.
  • - German DFB Cup TV Broadcast Pack.
    - Switch League Badge when a Team Switch the league.
    - All Bundesliga Stadiums
    - Goalmusic when a Team scores
  • Bitton
    1 posts Ball Boy
    i kove Fifa so much and I want the vest for this increadible game but pls EA I beg you to make the manager career a lot more difficult
  • Rany
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Amazing tool. We need this to understand things that you change or have in the game during the season that is completly blind for us. More information brings us closer to the game again. Nice job, keep going and lets see what do you have for us on FIFA 19.
  • I hope to add a new animation change the the player movement and make body of player as a single mass not upper and lower part , change the referee and make more realistic ,shooting system need a lot of improvement
    injury player need to add a new animation like car or medical staff , substitute need to improve the animation , the goalkeeper need to add a new engine , corner system need a lot of work
  • comet213
    Please fix night lighting
    Please remove stupid color filter
  • Great to see EA specifically asking for community feedback. Love the game and looking forward to hearing the Chmapions League soundtrack bellow out of my TV.

Here are my notes - I tried to keep them brief...

General:
    - More new and updated game faces = whole Arsenal team is out of date and so many notable players from Serie A have generic faces. WC mode alleviated this slightly (e.g. Mertens, Florenzi) but if you're so conscious about pushing authenticity, this is a must!
    - Improved celebrations = i'm going to take a leaf out of PES here; their celebration cut scenes are flawless and look so much better than FIFA's. They are super-enhanced versions of the Fox engine and EA could do more with Frostbite to create better cinematics.

Career Mode (short and snappy):
    - More in-depth statistics and visualisations (think FM) specifically across seasons. How about a scatterplot of how many goals Kane has scored across seasons? How about a goals per minute played statistic? I could go on.
    - More ways to spend money:All you can do is buy/renew players, either current or youth. How about investing in stadium redevelopments?
    - More ways to earn money: teams can earn income on and off the pitch. How about sponsorship renegotiation? Perhaps there is licensing issues here but would be awesome; same for broadcast. Adding social elements e.g. number of social followers, engagements as a benchmark for club/brand awareness would be awesome; could feedback into sponsorship renewals. It happens in real life...
    - Better interactions: It's all well and good that player X wants to leave but I have no way of directly responding to this. Player meetings, team talks and press conferences would be greatly appreciated. More in-depth interactions with the board could also be great.
    - Overhauled news feed: Lets face it, its slow and doesnt load any content half the time. What about meaningful and contextual pieces around your season and the competitions you play in.
    - Increase volume of players available on transfer market via transfer listed
    - PLEASEEEEEEEEE add the option to sign for a new club AT THE END OF YOUR SEASON! Also update when jobs become available (all seem to be at teh end of the season). It ruins a season when you win everything with club X but join Y just before a Chmapions League final....
    - Player history! In depth history of each player (e.g. transfers, goals, awards etc).

If I see at least 1 of these in FIFA 19 I'll take it
  • IGS
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 1
    would any of these new tactics apply to Pro Clubs? or just for FUT?
  • EA_Aidan
    Rany wrote: »
    Amazing tool. We need this to understand things that you change or have in the game during the season that is completly blind for us. More information brings us closer to the game again. Nice job, keep going and lets see what do you have for us on FIFA 19.

We've made a conscious effort to do just that this year. Check out the updates + release notes that myself, Andy and DoonansNDragons have been posting in the announcements section. That covers all the changes we made throughout the year.

We've gone into pretty in depth detail about what has changed and why.

-Aido
  • PabloEscobar
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hope ea is gonna listen to all topics and not only fut B) but this is a good first step B)
  • welpsn
    1 posts Ball Boy
    And the directional controller problem, will it be fixed? During the game in FIFA 18, if a high ball comes the player is frozen, making it impossible to intercept the plays and hampering the progress of the game.
  • PPerfect_CJ
    62 posts Park Captain
    EA_Aidan wrote: »
    Good feedback all, thanks!

I'm working on getting answers to some of the main questions asked here so far. Will let you know as soon as I can.

-Aido

A HUGE thing we need added is the ability to change individual clothing pieces in the kit selection screen. This will help to avoid kit clashes. I also hope we're able to create/edit players to be a plain old CM, this year. For the last couple of years, for some reason, we have only been able to make players a CAM, CDM, LM, or RM.
  • EA_Aidan
    welpsn wrote: »
    And the directional controller problem, will it be fixed? During the game in FIFA 18, if a high ball comes the player is frozen, making it impossible to intercept the plays and hampering the progress of the game.

This isn't a platform to report bugs, you can do that over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/fifa-18-bug-reports-en

• [Z]one[ONE]
    1354 posts Play-Off Hero
    When you manually select players while defending there is sometimes an issue with auto-switching selecting the player you just switched away from.

This creates a yo-yo situation where you are constantly battling to select the right player.

I would like to see a delay added. If I manually select a player auto-switching should be off for 3-5 seconds.
  • Massikiller
    53 posts Park Captain
    edited August 1
    I'll keep things short, because I would have so much to say, as I usually do every single year, so now I'll focus only on 2 or 3 things.

First of all, it's nice to see that EA is starting to really listen to the community, let's see how it goes :)

So:
    - Bring back Game Face on pro clubs, it has been there on fifa 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, then a new graphics engine came and it disappears, sad.
    Gameplay wise:
    - correct once and for all the player stamina, it's more crucial on pro clubs than other modes but nevertheless, nowadays you can basically be running all the time with you player, it completely ruins the entire gameplay and consequently the fun.
    - L2+R2 should tell your player to stop/cancel an action, right? It doesn't work when your player is automatically running to a ball that you don't want to chase, for instance, to let the ball leave the field or to prevent an offside.
    - button/action delay, sometimes it's so laggy, even on offline matches, which is weird. But the worst case of all is the button to make a tackle, it have so much delay that when the player actually does the tackle the player is already gone, we are talking about more than a second delay.
    - Some game rules should be correctly implemented, like the offside rule only should apply if the player intervenes on the play. Passing the ball to the goalkeeper, the keeper sometimes holds the ball in its hand, he cannot do this. After a player commits a fault for yellow card, but the referee gives the offense advantage, you can do every fault you want with other players, that you'll never get another yellow card for them, it will show the card only to the first one, this is obviously wrong. Have more coherent referee, you can make a fault for yellow card and the next play the other time does a similar or worse fault, but the referee just does the animation telling it was the last time and doesn't give him the yellow card. And what about sliding tackles on players that doesn't even have the ball? shouldn't they simply receive a red card?? nowadays, sometimes it's not fault at all...

Cheers
  • CityDan87
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 1
    Some existing stadiums in the Premiership that need updating.

For example there's a huge gap between the nets and the stand behind both goals at St. James Park and the same applies at Vicarage Road, both grounds have the stand directly behind the goal. Also the Etihad Stadium still has a huge gap between the touch line and the east stand on the far side of the pitch as you see the game as you play it, this changed years ago. the etihad pitch plays right up to the stand and has done for 3-4 years now. Also goal netting has changed, etihad has white and it's still black. Maybe just an option on match settings could let you change the colour of the netting perhaps?

It doesn't sound much, but it's the smallest of things like this that adds to the realism and gives the game such a good visual presentation. There aren't loads, but there are plenty of grounds that need slight tweaks and some changes, could you review the examples above please! Thanks.
  • comet213
    Is Number of Substitution still 7 in Italian, Dutch and International Match?
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    comet213 wrote: »

number of substitutions is 3 but players in the bench are max.12 (at least in serie a)
  • PLEASE fix pro clubs. The AI plays on rookie difficulty and the goalkeepers are terrible. Also, just a small thing, you should keep the ET clock like you had in the World Cup mode in Fifa 18. It’s nice to know exactly how much time we have.
  • comet213
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    comet213 wrote: »

number of substitutions is 3 but players in the bench are max.12 (at least in serie a)

Yeah, I said about bench player.