Introducing The Pitch Notes | Gameplay Deep Dive

Comments

• I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    Dynamic Tactics are something great and appreciate a lot that FIFA is going to that side of football. Mental ability matters in football, players like Busquets, Javi Martinez and especially Kroos are not so used like it should be. They are great players because they have the ability to read well situations, to make the right decision with the right way. With dynamic tactics manager ability matters.

Suggestions = Take a look to Football Manager game to see how to improve this side of football (tactically) and to improve career mode too (with competition rules, non-EU players, transfer modes, press conferences, relationship coach-players and the importance of staff that can be useful for ut too)
  • hooligan87
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There are players who love arcade and don't want complicated football, and there are people who can't play primitive football who aren't happy when they score a long shot on the 90th minute through the match! Your goal is to share the game! To attract those and those. Now you think only about those who love the arcade..
  • hooligan87
    The game has two most important things! The shots and the goalkeepers! There should be a lot of types of shots, a lot of opportunities and options! And goalkeepers. Do a lot of different animations! Let him have several animations for the same shot! Near hand, far hand, two hands, one hand, fists and so on!
  • hooligan87
    The ball doesn't have to go through your legs! The player shoots the goal and the ball through the leg of the defender flies into the goal! Fix it!
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    The game has two most important things! The shots and the goalkeepers! There should be a lot of types of shots, a lot of opportunities and options! And goalkeepers. Do a lot of different animations! Let him have several animations for the same shot! Near hand, far hand, two hands, one hand, fists and so on!

GK should have different technical stats also.

Aerial Reach - Command of area - Communication - Handling - Kicking - One on ones - Reflexing - Rushing Out - Tendency to punch - Throwing + (First Touch - Passing)
  • VENPATT
    82 posts Park Captain
    Finally Something is here to talk to Studio Team..Biggest Pain we have is reaching your Studio team..Hope this sorts out that issue
  • I want/need ultimate difficulty in career mode, its already in ultimate team so it isn't hard to implement into career mode. The game isn't enjoyable when i can beat Bayern 9-0 or put Accrington Stanley into the Premier League an win the league. There's hundreds of people that agree with me on the r/FifaCareers page.
  • Kk84
    1 posts Ball Boy
    ‪I want to see big news for career mode. The generic faces need a big update. I want to see more real faces and stadiums outside PL. Player presentation cutscenes like in the journey. Better and more work on transfers in cutscenes. That teams can extend players contracts in the game, not om free transfer. The opportunity to choose real managers and so on.‬
  • Wayne44
    8 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 1
    sort out the night pitch lighting it looks terrible too dark .
    remove the huge gap between goal and stand in St James' Park (update St James' Park ).
  • Matt10L
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Could the acceleration slider not be tied into the stamina/fatigue? Those who use sliders to improve the gameplay further would love to have a "base" formula which starts with lowering the speed of the game via lowering acceleration under 50. The problem with this lowering under 50 is that the players do not tire because acceleration is tied into the stamina/fatigue. Lower acceleration = more stamina for the player. This results in less subs by the CPU, and of course less decisions from a fatigue management standpoint to be made. Thanks for listening!

• 1. Can you make it possible to view stats about how many certain players have been packed on Ultimate Team, how many TOTS packed etc.
    2. Can Goalkeepers 98 rated like Buffon EOE be actually good in the game. Height doesn't need to matter as much.
    3. I believe that people buying the Super Deluxe Edition deserve free fifa points as a prize at least at the beginning of the game.
    4. Can 5K packs actually pack you something good like they are on Futties on Fifa 18.
    5. Please, please, please fix issues where just a simple touch is counted a penalty.
    6. Include VAR.
    7. Ability to have 4 subs like in WC 2018. Would benefit in ET.
  • Can you please give us some news on whether or not you’ll be improving career mode
  • Dr33laKk
    13 posts Ball Boy
    PRO CLUBS

Please Please Please !!! In PRO CLUBS implement the ability to play against a full AI bot team where you can set the difficulty of how well they can play so we can have practice/training sessions against them
  • Legends available in Career Mode! Please, even if it is optional. Who does not want does not use.

Disponibilizem os jogadores lendas no Modo Carreira, mesmo que seja opcional. Quem não quiser não usa.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    @EA_Aidan hi! Good job. All we really need, besides other, is feedback from EA team, answers on our questions, explaining something about the game features and progress. It’s shouldn’t be dry announcements only without possibilities to exlaining or discussing them. Players have many questions about the game, especially those who plays your product 5-10-20 years. I truly believe we deserve to be answered on some questions.
    Hope The Pitch Notes will become constant and responsible feature.
  • Afshar
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 1
    PLEASE FIX INPUT LAG. BUTTON DELAY...PLEASEEEE!!!! Network programming needs to addressed...PLEASE
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    LordBob wrote: »
    I'm confused, is this a post attempting to engage with the community?
    Are you feeling ok Aidan?

Nevertheless... this is good to see, by the way... but you should be asking your community for feedback BEFORE you implement your gameplay features, not after it... and eventually proceed to ignore said suggestions until next year rolls around.
    It's nice that you acknowledged that you're listening to the community in regards to the problems of fifa 18... but there has been countless suggestions over the last few years to make fifa so much better.
    Career mode is my biggest gripe. Online pro clubs.. but hey - there's countless, detailed suggestions on how to improve the game and MAKE MORE MONEY for the EA empire.

Where are these suggestions?
    Right under your noses - on this forum, on every single social media platform operated by EA sports, reddit. all over the place. Just look.

Honestly, invest in better community engagement and you'll be laughing.
    LordBob wrote: »
    I'm confused, is this a post attempting to engage with the community?
    Are you feeling ok Aidan?

Nevertheless... this is good to see, by the way... but you should be asking your community for feedback BEFORE you implement your gameplay features, not after it... and eventually proceed to ignore said suggestions until next year rolls around.
    It's nice that you acknowledged that you're listening to the community in regards to the problems of fifa 18... but there has been countless suggestions over the last few years to make fifa so much better.
    Career mode is my biggest gripe. Online pro clubs.. but hey - there's countless, detailed suggestions on how to improve the game and MAKE MORE MONEY for the EA empire.

Where are these suggestions?
    Right under your noses - on this forum, on every single social media platform operated by EA sports, reddit. all over the place. Just look.

Honestly, invest in better community engagement and you'll be laughing.

I support this.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    There are players who love arcade and don't want complicated football, and there are people who can't play primitive football who aren't happy when they score a long shot on the 90th minute through the match! Your goal is to share the game! To attract those and those. Now you think only about those who love the arcade..

I agree with it.
  • PRO CLUBS

-Please get rid of contain defending (X on PS4). No skill involved by holding one button and will add a bigger skill gap which is very much needed.
    - add training ground to do set peices with team mates, or do finishing training against your teams GK with ur STs etc
    - Take tips from NBA 2K by being aloud to upgrade ur pro (with micro transactions if u really need to, or just by playing) and also being able to use a virtual currency to be able to buy special tattoos, haircuts, boots etc.
    - creating a personality with players needs to be addressed as every pro is pretty much the same. For example for defenders, everyone is the same and you can’t have good heading compared to other defenders as they can do it easily with a single press of a button
    - Bad defenders can easily look good by holding X to contain with tackles no skill at all and spam tackle and get rewarded with any timing or skill at all
    - Substitutions into pro clubs would be great for both casual and competitive teams. Casual is good if one player is late or lags out and needs to re join the game. Competitive is good if u need a variation in personal to suit tactics or if players get tired which is my next point
    - Player stamina needs to be fixed as players can run around sprinting for 90 mins with no punishment
    - Weekend leagues or something to keep players wanting to play the game can easily be put into clubs
    - Make more variation in player builds like done in NBA as them not everyone is the same and people can use different combinations of play styles to suit there play style and also there teams
    - Gameplay is made for 1v1 normal FUT which makes it difficult to play 11v11 clubs with 22 players on the pitch

Could go on forever but he’s some
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Please apply all the new gameplay features on the Switch version.
  • comet213
    2225 posts Fans' Favourite
    Then, My comments that I have posted are meaningless??
  • mdizzl3
    10444 posts Has That Special Something
    Chemistry needs to be reworked to stop 1st minute exploits. - just make it dynamic during a match.

The sweet spot shooting will be a mess on the terrible online servers with input lag.

Career mode needs some love. Give us more control over the club, there are plenty of features.on the old FIFA manager game that should be on FIFA mainstream games.
  • S4vy598
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Ultimate Team Notes:
    1. Can we have more Chemistry styles and Position changes
    2. Can you add the ability to see the improved stats of players after Chemistry styles are applied on the Attributes tab
    3. Can FUT Champs have improved weekly and monthly rewards where higher rankings guarantees a minimum rating based on the ranking for eg. Top 100 get 87/88+, Elite get 86+, Gold 1 gets a 84+ player and so on.
    4. Can the Weekend League be extended. Adhering to it means players can't work, have social lives and the short window puts stress on players.

Gameplay Notes:
    1. Can you fix the passing. A lot of players have times where the ball doesnt go where they direct it which leads to a switch in play or goals conceded.
    2. Can you make players prioritise manual defending and remove contain and team mate press.
  • Zaptrox
    1 posts Ball Boy
    You have to change the career Mode! You just concentrated on Ultimate Team, Because you get more money. Career mode was the main mode of FIFA for so many years!!! FIFA should be a SIMULATION. And FUT is unrealistic! We want Realistic transfers, more sequenzes! Press conferences!

• The main change needed is a strengthening of defence. FUT players are so fast and defending is so difficult that too many online games end up with basketball scores. Also the computer defences in career modes need to be improved.

Reading about improved first touch and timed finishes makes me worry it's going to be even harder to defend, especially against long shots.

The play style in the journey is a great example of how to improve the game by slowing it down. I'd like at least the option to have that in career mode.
  • Jay3ff
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This new information you will communicate is encouraging.

I hope that the new customisable tactics that can be programmed to the d-pad will be available to the captain in Pro Clubs too
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 1
    Jay3ff wrote: »
    This new information you will communicate is encouraging.

I hope that the new customisable tactics that can be programmed to the d-pad will be available to the captain in Pro Clubs too

I been playing FUT for the last 9 years, every Bloody Day.

It's not New Communication, they do this every Year, right before the New FIFA, to make it show like they care about our opinions, to totally Ignore the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE: SERVERS, DELAY, IN CONSTANT GAMEPLAY, COME ON EA!!!!!!!

well guys they do not give a 2cents what we think, look at the way they communicatie, they don't ask feedback, they ask feedback later about totally un important issues.

It's like shoot First ask Questions later, it should be the other way around EA.

So many suggestions allready in this thread and Where is @EA_Aidan?, nowhere to be seen.

Learn to communicate, instead of worry about the EA forum being clean, keep pushing it under the Carpet and totally Ignore your most expierenced users, that care for your game.

So to take it to the test.

@EA_Aiden, @EA_Andy, or whoever happens to View this from EA,

What is the stance on:
    1. Servers
    2. Inconsistant gameplay(it's a e-sport title right?)
    3. Sudden delay
    4. Ping pong passing
    5. Pace being te most important stat

I could go on, but noone Will Read this from EA, so please stop acting like you care, you finished they game allready, we have been telling you all Year for te last Years what te major issues are, but no, you fix a very small un important Thing and Ignore the big issues totally, to the point Where you Control this forum from negative posts, you should not remove those posts about important issues, but FIX THEM,

these posts ussually turn into the forbidden words, and get locked down, which I sort of understand, but all these posts about the forbidden words relate 90% directly to the bad SERVERS/DELAY/INCONSISTANT GAMEPLAY,

so when is this ever gonna get looked at?, and fixed/improved, it's not like EA Sports don't have the money for it.
  • EA_Aidan
    74 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hey all, I won't be able to get to every question in here but I will be taking some of the more popular / most requested ones and bringing them to the team to get you all some answers or clarification.

@Dragond81 I'm here, we posted this not long before I finished work for the evening yesterday so just catching up now. Don't forget that we all need to sleep too :)
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    EA_Aidan wrote: »
    Hey all, I won't be able to get to every question in here but I will be taking some of the more popular / most requested ones and bringing them to the team to get you all some answers or clarification.

@Dragond81 I'm here, we posted this not long before I finished work for the evening yesterday so just catching up now. Don't forget that we all need to sleep too :)

Thanks for your help and for your time.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    EA_Aidan wrote: »

I understand that, it wasnt really AIMed at you directly, it's just frustration that has been Building up the last Years by a passionate fan.

Hope to hear more on the server improvements:)