Introducing The Pitch Notes | Gameplay Deep Dive

Comments

• exodia
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 31
    Please give pc players the same treatment as console players. PC players have not had boot or ball updates for as long as i can remember. PLEASE make this a priority. Also improving how the net sounds when a goal is scored would be a bonus. I love hearing the different net noises instead of the same thing over and over. Also try to bring back a net tension option like before.
  • Will the accuracy options apply to free kicks? They have been dreadful to control the last couple years You used to be able to lock your trajectory down, but it's a mess now if the stick slips at all. It's way easier to score from play from outside the box than from a free and this is the exact opposite of what it should be.
  • WizardMD
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Career mode needs more attention definitely, I know we get UCL and Europa League and that's great, but I mean getting more stuff out of the pitch, like transactions, player career mode cutscenes, create a team, create a stadium, more customization options would be great
  • PPerfect_CJ
    62 posts Park Captain
    LordBob wrote: »
    I'm confused, is this a post attempting to engage with the community?
    Are you feeling ok Aidan?

Nevertheless... this is good to see, by the way... but you should be asking your community for feedback BEFORE you implement your gameplay features, not after it... and eventually proceed to ignore said suggestions until next year rolls around.
    It's nice that you acknowledged that you're listening to the community in regards to the problems of fifa 18... but there has been countless suggestions over the last few years to make fifa so much better.
    Career mode is my biggest gripe. Online pro clubs.. but hey - there's countless, detailed suggestions on how to improve the game and MAKE MORE MONEY for the EA empire.

Where are these suggestions?
    Right under your noses - on this forum, on every single social media platform operated by EA sports, reddit. all over the place. Just look.

Honestly, invest in better community engagement and you'll be laughing.

Amen! Personally, until I see that they're legitimately in these forums actively communicating with us, I'm considering this a bunch of hot air. Prove me wrong. PLEASE.
  • I want a little window where the game says me when i have a weekly challenge complete
  • There are some points i want in both layer and manager career mode and i will start with player career mode
    -I would like to mention three things that from me are must being a bench player, instructions given by the manager to my player and have my own agent negotiating contracts with me and use the same cutscenes in manager career mode in these negotiations
    1.When reaching a really high milestone such as 1000 goals or saves I can give my own boots/gloves designed by me with help of certain sponsor of my choice
    2.include the interviews( it’s already in the journey)
    3.Other points I would like to add there is transfer glitch where I tell my manager I want to leave and an offer comes before the start of market I sign the contract and suddenly I move to the new team I signed for shouldn’t I wait to the transfer window to be open and then move?
    4.Make the gameplay feels like you are player within a team not a player carrying the team as a striker if I didn’t score in a match or did an assist the whole team will never score on legendary. It should be the opponent are tougher not my teammates not help me
    5.At all, return back negotiations contract renewal or being released adding a release clause in my contract demanding higher wages all of these should be a thing. In my career mode my team was suffering I scored 3 goals in 11 games and my manager praises my goal scoring abilities.We should have a social media place where people will say a bad things which will help me want to play better.
    6. RTG player career mode there are two options 1. Having 11 vs 11 game where scouts from different teams watching and depending how you play, how good offers will come and the player had to choose wisely for example if I played so well I may be offered an offer by Real Madrid but end up on loan or to pick playing with eibar but as a starter 2. Pick whatever team you want but you must play in pre season as a trial and depending on your performance you will get a contract from the team I chose
    7. More talk about being a bench player. Watch your team playing know their game style
    Manager career mode
    1.1. Simulation system should be changed. I should see what the players are doing on the pitch why are we losing to a certain team which we are better than them alright on paper and I as a manager I should pick my own players to sub on and off and I can use dynamic tactics in the middle of sim
    2. RTG edition. Start with team I create everything in it kit,badge, and choose a stadium and when the team rise I can ask the board to expand the stadium. All the players should be from the youth players or Free agents and each youth player should have a certain special trait that isn’t random for example a goalie with 3* skill moves and a striker with 1*.
    3. training. I should have the ability to train my strikers on using their weak foot more and acquire certain skills depending on their certain ratings( finishing, agility, ball control, etc) ( this training should be in player career mode as well)
    4. Manager career mode at start of the season when a team doesn’t have a manager if I did well with my team for example Parma for a while I should get offer from Milan at the start of season If they don’t have a manager not Milan doesn’t have a manager at the start of the season let us resign Gattsuo like nothing happened.
    5. Requesting fund, loan with option to buy should make a return
    6. Press conferences has lots of potential. Give it its own cutscene when journalists ask the manager some questions depending on what’s happening right now like first official game as a new manager. A striker can’t score for like 7 straight games I should be asked about is there a problem with player and my answers should have consequences for example f I am asked about Thomas Muller as the Bayern manager the following question: Thomas Muller isn’t scoring for the past games and the fans demand a new striker what do you think about the fan request? I have three answers. 1. Say I will support Muller and still needs some time and I believe in him. Option 2: say that: I will talk to Muller and know what’s wrong with him(evade answering the question but it will not work in all cases). 3. Day that we have been looking for a striker for well and we will start negotiating which will make the relation between me and Muller include much tension and end up of Muller leaving the clip or accepting a new contract as a bench player. I hope my feedback is noticed and taken into consideration

• SeanDCFC
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa isn't fun anymore, your company cares way too much about gimmicks that don't really improve the game in any real way. I can't see how these new "features" really improve the series in any way. Get back to basics, give the user more control of what is happening on the field and most importantly make it fun.
  • PUBLIC AFFLUENCE (CAREER MODE):
    Stadiums full of people in "important matches", little influx of people in inconsequential matches, 2nd , 3nd, 4nd division matches with few spectators, the influx of the stadium depending on the importance of the game (final rounds, games for promotion, for not going down, for the title ...) It is not good to always see the same influx of people
  • Can we introduce the ability to edit composure, traits and work rates on created players? Created players, regardless of their positions are forced as being M/M work rates and to have 50 composure. Also the ability to train composure and strength in career mode.

I also believe the ability to change formations online mid-game needs to be looked into (on Ultimate Team in particular) - I feel as if the entire concept of chemistry is partially ruined when you just move the players into more preferential positions during the game.
  • Ecua2
    3 posts Ball Boy
    The FUT transfer market needs an overhaul. It has been the same way for years, to the point that it has become predictable!! Now all of the sudden we have all these “FUT MARKET EXPERTS” out there all over social media. EA please Introduce a new system that is new and fresh for everyone!!!
  • Alastair
    8697 posts Moderator
    Great to see EA engaging with the community like this. It's something everyone has been asking about for years so thank you to everyone who made this possible. :)

Timed Finishing looks good. Hopefully it works well with players of all overall levels not just the best players.

The new flicks as part of the active touch system is something I've wished was possible before. I can't wait to score some beauties by combining a flick with time finishing.

Dynamic tactics is the gameplay feature I'm most looking forward to on FIFA 19. Multiple gameplans in game will save me so much time in the pause menu. The whole feature should be great for career mode as every team will play differently. Hopefully clubs will evolve their play styles as they sign new players.

Got a feeling 50/50 battle will take a while to get used to but I'm sure it'll prove to be a useful fixture which we can't live without.

Can't wait to see what the next Pitch Notes are on. Hopefully Career Mode features are announced soon. :smile:
  • Ecua2
    3 posts Ball Boy
    One more thing. Can you please tell me what is the point of chemistry if all I have to do is switch formations after the game starts and place players in whatever position I want to put them!! this should not be allowed in FUT!
  • WizardMD
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PUBLIC AFFLUENCE (CAREER MODE):
    Stadiums full of people in "important matches", little influx of people in inconsequential matches, 2nd , 3nd, 4nd division matches with few spectators, the influx of the stadium depending on the importance of the game (final rounds, games for promotion, for not going down, for the title ...) It is not good to always see the same influx of people

this is actually a great idea
  • Can you please fix the bug that the goalkeeper automatically goes to the left when you move the mouse at the penalty. on the PC version.
    Thanks.
  • Pjones98
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Free kicks are generally unsatisfying for me in FIFA 18. It feels like the player taking the kick needs to have an incredibly specific run up or they will have no chance of having a good kick. This leads to kick after kick where I’m left wondering what I could’ve done differently. I’ve been good at free kicks up until the system change so I’m wondering if there’s a better way to teach free kicks or if the system could be streamlined a little bit. Thanks
  • Ecua2
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Why can’t there be a trophy celebration scene with your team in FUT when you win any division? Head to head has it so why not fut?
  • Pjones98
    3 posts Ball Boy
    The youth academy system has been more or less stagnant for several years now. There are too few player types which leads to me having two or three players on my team with the same exact statistics and no individual specialness. Furthermore, many good players are ruined by having low/low work rates or one star skill moves. There is only one outfield player in the entire game with one star skill moves and no players rated 77 or above with a low/low work rate yet somehow many youth players have these. The entire youth system could use a fresh coat of paint, including a deeper role in development. Young players change positions, change physically, and change play style as they develop. If this was represented in game I would be infinitely more invested in the development of young players.
  • I SiR MartY I
    4450 posts National Call-Up
    A lot of these changes SOUND good but if the game as a whole continues to be bug ridden, then you're just putting glitter on top of trash.

FIFA 18 is bug ridden, full of glitches cheats and so many gameplay flaws that throwing these new features in and not fixing what is already there will just make the game an even bigger mess.

Things like lock ons are broken, players can't lock on to a ball 2 feet away even when they're the only person there, cursors change on manual, players perform the wrong animations all the time like poking a leg out on a pass coming towards them poking it towards an opponent, games can be glitched for no results on UT both in Draft and WL and issues in smaller modes like the ANY position in Pro Clubs having glitched stamina (whoever picks ANY loses 100% of their stamina by the 55th minute even when not moving) continue to be ignored.

As good as all these new features sound, as fancy as they look, if what is already there is garbage and doesn't work, then you're just making the game much worse.

Also side note, I hope we can keep the trainer on to keep the shooting bar but remove the white arrow, that arrow is annoying but I don't want to lose the shot bar.
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    The REAL FIFA problem is to make a game balanced in all aspects.

PASSING
    Passing subject: Distance from target - Power - Receiver movements off the ball or position - Physics of the ball - Vision

A difficult pass could be also a simple through ball because accuracy (direction and power) matters. In these last fifa it's all too easy thanks to auto-pass, so one suggestion could be to put all manual settings. But to not be a drastic change, i'd suggest to reduce consistently the auto-aim and auto-power, maybe with a tot ° for direction and one bar for power. Maybe increasing tot ° and power depending on passing stats.

Other subjects to study are: passing under pressing or in precarious balanced, passing with people in the trajectory and passing with weak foot.

SHOOTING
    Shooting subject: Distance from goal - Power - Physics of the ball

Suggestion same as passing. Reducing consistently the auto-aim and auto-power. Maybe increasing tot° and power depending on shooting stats.

Other subjects to study are: shooting under pressing or in precarious balanced, shooting with people in the trajectory and shooting with weak foot.

PASSING & SHOOTING

If there are players in the trajectory they need to intercept passing (Interception stat and opponent passing stat) or block shooting 90% of time (positioning of defenders and interception).
    NOT TOO MUCH tunnels or wrong ball controls or missed ball while intercepting.

Precision of players turned back or half-turned back depends on vision stat of the player.

DRIBBLING & SKILLS
    Dribbling subject: Acceleration - Ball Control - Physics of the ball - Body Feint and AI Defending

THE PROBLEM IS TO MAKE THEM HELPFUL AND USEFUL, BUT NOT THAT MUCH TO MAKE THEM OVERPOWER.
    So Acceleration should matter, but if a defender has a tot positioning - acceleration and tackling he should be able to stop him.
    For other skills the reasoning is the same. If I have Ben Arfa with high dribbling rate a body feint should cause a small or a big mistake depending on defending stats of the defender.

Other subject to study are: other defenders approach (closures and doublings).

PHYSICAL STATS
    More pace indicates that you run tot meters in less seconds than slower players.

More stamina indicates that you can run tot time.
    If people play with run button pressed, players should not be able to continue the game after 60'-70'.
    Pressing should not be too penalized. Stamina should be based on run time.

Jumping should be reviewed. There are too much situations with one standing player and the opponent that take the third time to anticipate him. It's ok that Salah heading on Naldo if Naldo is only standing. But there are always 24cm of difference. It's something impossible that Salah always take the third time and Naldo is always standing.

AFTER ALL OF THESE YOU NEED TO CONSIDER THE CONNECTION PROBLEM.
    I'm Italian and it's impossible that in 40 matches of WL i found 0 italians.
    Connection matters in online gameplays (Reactions and IA of players) so you need to compensate adjusting in some way the gameplay or with matchmaking.
  • hooligan87
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The big drawback of the game - a great influence of the computer is very helpful in passes, it helps with the shots! This is only necessary for weak players. And what about players who want realistic football, who don't need the help of a computer, who want and can control passes and shots?! The game has manual control. This is a real football simulator! But it is absolutely not developed in the game! Please add manual control modes and tournaments to UT. You have to give more prizes and rewards, you have to appreciate manual control because it's harder to play! This will attract even more players who are interested in playing complex, realistic football! Why do you hold cyber tournaments on auto-control?! These players can't do anything without the help of a computer! Are they strong players?! They only know how to quickly press the buttons, have a quick reaction and know where it is easier to score. Real strong players must be able to count the strength and direction of passes and shots!
    I'm desperate! I don't know how many more people have to explain this to the developers! I love football, I know how to play it, but I can not fully realize myself, because the developers do not give such an opportunity! I think it's unfair!!!
    ◄ Why the need for a manual control settings?

Personally, I recommend going to these settings as far as possible to everyone. They give a huge variety of your game, you really start to think in any situation as it will be better to do, try not to rush and play real football. Do not forget about the tactics and all sorts of sliders that give the game even more realism. ◄ Advantages of manual control versus automatic

- mechanical approach to a full-fledged football simulator.
    - control over game events by 99%.
    - game wealth of control and as a result-a variety of game situations in the development of attack, as well as the organization of defense.
    - strengthening of the human factor.
    - reducing the impact of the slaughter characteristics of top players.
    - adequate pace of the game.
    - increased effect of presence on the field.
    - similarity with the real (real) football.
    - close to the reality of the percentage of marriage in the transmission and the shots on goal.
    - non-linearity and unpredictability of the game.
    - equal game in all respects.
    - enhance the feeling of virtual ball in the game and coordination.
    - increase the influence of the TTD of each player on the field.
    - improved balance in the standard provisions, the corner. ◄ Disadvantages

- negative factor depending on the model of the gamepad.
    - the factor of possible difficulties and psychological barriers in the development.
    - high differentiation in the level of play experienced players and beginners.
    ◄ Outcomes and conclusions

Manual control settings have a huge potential for success in the environment of people who like to watch and play football, not in the arcade. Do not think that manual -play some incredible nerds and that's impossible, this is absolutely not true. You can learn these settings pretty quickly and they are definitely worth it! But this is a personal matter.
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    The big drawback of the game - a great influence of the computer is very helpful in passes, it helps with the shots! This is only necessary for weak players. And what about players who want realistic football, who don't need the help of a computer, who want and can control passes and shots?! The game has manual control. This is a real football simulator! But it is absolutely not developed in the game! Please add manual control modes and tournaments to UT. You have to give more prizes and rewards, you have to appreciate manual control because it's harder to play! This will attract even more players who are interested in playing complex, realistic football! Why do you hold cyber tournaments on auto-control?! These players can't do anything without the help of a computer! Are they strong players?! They only know how to quickly press the buttons, have a quick reaction and know where it is easier to score. Real strong players must be able to count the strength and direction of passes and shots!
    I'm desperate! I don't know how many more people have to explain this to the developers! I love football, I know how to play it, but I can not fully realize myself, because the developers do not give such an opportunity! I think it's unfair!!!
    ◄ Why the need for a manual control settings?

Personally, I recommend going to these settings as far as possible to everyone. They give a huge variety of your game, you really start to think in any situation as it will be better to do, try not to rush and play real football. Do not forget about the tactics and all sorts of sliders that give the game even more realism. ◄ Advantages of manual control versus automatic

- mechanical approach to a full-fledged football simulator.
    - control over game events by 99%.
    - game wealth of control and as a result-a variety of game situations in the development of attack, as well as the organization of defense.
    - strengthening of the human factor.
    - reducing the impact of the slaughter characteristics of top players.
    - adequate pace of the game.
    - increased effect of presence on the field.
    - similarity with the real (real) football.
    - close to the reality of the percentage of marriage in the transmission and the shots on goal.
    - non-linearity and unpredictability of the game.
    - equal game in all respects.
    - enhance the feeling of virtual ball in the game and coordination.
    - increase the influence of the TTD of each player on the field.
    - improved balance in the standard provisions, the corner. ◄ Disadvantages

- negative factor depending on the model of the gamepad.
    - the factor of possible difficulties and psychological barriers in the development.
    - high differentiation in the level of play experienced players and beginners.
    ◄ Outcomes and conclusions

Manual control settings have a huge potential for success in the environment of people who like to watch and play football, not in the arcade. Do not think that manual -play some incredible nerds and that's impossible, this is absolutely not true. You can learn these settings pretty quickly and they are definitely worth it! But this is a personal matter.

But we need to say also that kids and random players play the game.

Manual settings for competitive modes 100000000000000% Agree.

Adding manual seasons (and other modes on ut) to the normal season people could train and improve.
  • hooligan87
    If you decided to make a new system shots, then need to was to remove old system! A big problem that we have no influence over the direction the shots! The player can aim past the goal, but if he pressed twice hit and hit the green scale - will be a goal! It's unfair. This computer scored a goal, not us! I wish you'd come up with some kind of sight! So we can control the shots ourselves! Themselves could control the height and direction of the shots, the backspin of the ball! It would be very interesting, it would be very interesting to hit the goal! It would be a lot of beautiful and diverse goals! Now they are very primitive! If you play, for example, Ronaldo-you will be easier to aim!
  • hooligan87
    There are two sports - football and hockey! It's different games and attract different people! Why do you make hockey out of football?? Why such high speed and dynamics?! Make the game speed slower! Everyone who understands football understands this.
  • I’d really like to see gameplay with fast dribbling similar to Fifa 13, maybe not as extreme as that but more similar. I personally don’t care about realism, I prefer arcade style fun and if necessary ‘unrealistic’ gameplay. The slow dribbling and heavy touches make the game less fun and harder to control. Fifa 13 was for me the most fun to play Fifa game to date, although I haven’t played every single Fifa. So in conclusion, please bring back to some extent faster tighter dribbling, it would be much more fun, don’t try too hard to be realistic.
  • Ganter66
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Well i understand that you're making lots of money with FUT but many people want you to focus on pro clubs and career mode too, I just list some things for Career Mode:
    • Cinematic Press Confernces (also after a final or other important games): they could use the scene from the Journey and put the right badge
    and so in in the background
    • Set pre-season games yourself so that you can decide how many games you want, against whom and when
    • re-work finance system: how you get money, adjust the ticket prices and prices for merchandise
    • Better player contracts: more clauses in contract for example allow offers from special Teams or what opportunity players have when their
    teams gets relegated
    • More Negotiation options with clubs for example buy back clauses or bonuses
    • More information on the performance of players in the past: for example you are in Season 2 kg should be possible to see the statistics from the
    previous season so i mean assist, pass success rate, goals etc.
    • Sponsors: not on Kits because of course this isn't possible with the licenses but just like in the FM Games that EA Sports made back then that
    you have made up brands that just exist in a menu and give you money per season and bonuses for specific goals
    • Negotiable goals given by the board to achieve so that you can maybe have more realistic goals then now
    • An answer to the possibility of a Kit Creator and if it is possible of course I would like it if they included one.
    • A Sim and play option like in the NBA and NFL games so that you can start to SIM a game but jump in and play it if the games goes terribly
    wrong
    • More tactic options like in the old FM Games when you SIM games
    • Staff: I would like it if we could hire staff so for example an assistant coach or the youth coach
    • Team and player Morale: You should be able to talk with players when they maybe have a bad row of games or giving a speech in the half time of
    game that you currently lose
    • Having a team hierarchy and relations: For Example the player who is the biggest in the hierarchy should be the captain and after that you have players that are for example important for the morale of the team. And relations could be two players that fight for a position and because of this fight they may be faster in their development

• hooligan87
    PRO clubs mode-has great prospects! Pay more attention to it! Make the game speed slower. Make fewer auto-control shots and passes. Now everyone plays like Messi or Ronaldo. A person may not be able to play, but the computer will help him - you belittle other players! How to play the goalkeeper when all the balls are flying in the corner of the goal??? Make a training mode. Deal with the chaos in open matches.
  • Pjones98
    3 posts Ball Boy
    A targeted loan system. Most of the time when a player is loaned out they are given areas of their game to focus on or they are sent to a team or league that will help them grow in a specific area. When loaning a player out you could instruct them to focus on physic development, ball control/dribbling, interceptions etc. Each team could have a two or three traits that they specialize in training so the player would actually have to think about the team they are loaning their players out to. I would love to see work rate be fluid on some level as well. If you sent a player out on loan and requested they improve by at least one level on one of their work rates that would be enormously satisfying.
  • airpreezy
    926 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 31
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    There are two sports - football and hockey! It's different games and attract different people! Why do you make hockey out of football?? Why such high speed and dynamics?! Make the game speed slower! Everyone who understands football understands this.

Exactly what I been praying for years!
    Football is slower, it doesn’t have to be super slow like some matches in real life but I think the Fifa 16 Demo speed was great or Fifa 18 played on slow.. the whole game feels more natural and better then

Another one (dj khaled voice) look at the career mode thread here, there are so many good suggestions, we want Fifa 07-10 CM back with Transfer negotiations from now an train players new positions

We need more starheads and tattoos for players

Let us create our own club

the new touch system looks great, always wanted smth like this

The GK need more attention, better animations, I know it’s been fixed a little bit but PES does better in terms of GK, there are great animations though.

For example: when the last touch was by my player and the ball rolls for a corner, my keeper does not sprint for the ball, he walks slow with his arms down or do simply nothing, that has to be fixed

great that EA gets better in terms of communication, thank you Corey you’re great! (And your team)
  • hooligan87
    Why are there socks boots in the game?! Socks in game not in sight!!! Why??? You three years can't fix it! It's a small thing, but it's important! One more remark. Why don't you update your boots in UT during the season? Why don't you update and add players ' faces, hairstyles during the season?
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1354 posts Play-Off Hero
    Will custom controls remain the same?

I think there should be a competitive standard for assisted/manual controls.

Maybe you could also make the default controls the same for everyone (I believe the default is currently influenced by what difficulty/experience level you select when you first launch the game)?