Introducing The Pitch Notes | Gameplay Deep Dive

Comments

• Pwalie86
    1111 posts Professional
    I love how in that article they always maintain that they're listening to the community. Yea, because millions of us wanted a revamped kick-off mode. :D
  • Altair14
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    we career lovers are so many, they can not ignore us forever!

FiFA has always been synonymous with managerial career, then FuT and big money arrived and they left everything behind.

it's time to give maximum priority to career mode as they do every year 2K and codemaster

For Fifa 20 Sam Rivera i want This. Listen!
  • TeamExtreme17
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    I love how in that article they always maintain that they're listening to the community. Yea, because millions of us wanted a revamped kick-off mode. :D

This!! Not that the new kick off features arent "Nice" but EA's priorities are **** up!!
  • mdizzl3
    12287 posts Has That Special Something

This!! Not that the new kick off features arent "Nice" but EA's priorities are **** up!!

That's a little short sighted, their priorities are driven by demand and profitability. For that reason, FUT gets the most attention as it's it the most popular and profitable mode.

Kick off was improved as there was genuine demand for it, clearly it's not demand from you but it was from a large portion of the player base. Casual offline play against friends is a big part of a football game.
  • Alemas_2012
    14265 posts Has That Special Something
  • Pwalie86
    1111 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

That's a little short sighted, their priorities are driven by demand and profitability. For that reason, FUT gets the most attention as it's it the most popular and profitable mode.

Kick off was improved as there was genuine demand for it, clearly it's not demand from you but it was from a large portion of the player base. Casual offline play against friends is a big part of a football game.

Of all the Fifa forums in all the years and from countless people that wanted things fixing, I have never heard or come across people that wanted the kick-off section fixed or worked on.
  • mdizzl3

Of all the Fifa forums in all the years and from countless people that wanted things fixing, I have never heard or come across people that wanted the kick-off section fixed or worked on.

I can't imagine kick off players are forum users though.
  • please change the referee to become more realistic
  • please change the referee to become more realistic
  • mdizzl3
    @EA_Aidan can you confirm if 50/50 battles will be in the FIFA 19 demo as it was lacking from the beta gameplay?
  • @EA_Aidan can you confirm 5 a side on a 5 vs 5 sized pitch ?
  • hooligan87
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    reinazz wrote: »
    @EA_Aidan can you confirm 5 a side on a 5 vs 5 sized pitch ?

They can't do 11 vs 11 well! And you ask about the 5 for 5.
  • hooligan87 wrote: »
    reinazz wrote: »
    @EA_Aidan can you confirm 5 a side on a 5 vs 5 sized pitch ?

They can't do 11 vs 11 well! And you ask about the 5 for 5.

Well, 11 vs 11 as always been there, 5 v 5 would be a "new thing", either way, I'd love to see changes in Pro Clubs and many other improvements and I started fearing that these updates will only come when the sales drop by big %.
  • mdizzl3
    @EA_Aidan can you confirm if 50/50 battles will be in the FIFA 19 demo as it was lacking from the beta gameplay?

• Surfy
    887 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2018
    Post edited by Surfy on
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Make player instructions actually mean something. I'm fed up of my center half being my striker
  • 1 thing only. Put Online teamplay back and all else is forgiven.
  • comet213
    2240 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2018
    1. Color
      England and United States: Clear colors
      Other nation: Dull, unnatural and distorted Colors what don't reflect real life.
      I really hope Devs reconsider color policy.
      I feel It's unreasonable.
      See videos in real life.
      It's really different with FIFA.

Blue tone is too strong in Champions League.
      I guess Orange tone will be strong in Europa League.
      It's really unnatural. This is really different with CL and EL what I have seen. Atmosphere can be made enough without unnatural color. Please reconsider.
    2. National team in Career
        I think If Some Nation have League in FIFA or Many players are in FIFA enough, National team can be appered to Career mode. And this national team uses national flag and generic kit. Many national teams can't appear to FIFA due to license problem. But I think this method is not relate to license problem.
      • Star above the badge
        I heard star is added to Champions League Winner's badge in Career mode.
        This feature is also needed to National Teams.
      • Host
        Host exist in pre season tournament.
        If host is Saidi Arabia, Participating Teams play in Saudi Arabia Stadiums.
        This feature is needed to National Team Tounaments(World Cup, Confed Cup and more)
    3. Pre match
      • Anthem
        It should be sounded similar with Stadium announcer.
        • UCL
          UCL Anthem is wrong.
          Length is not much different between EA version and Real life version. This must be fixed.
          Camera should show every players while Anthem is played.
        • National Anthem
          National Anthem is too short. At least, Anthem should be played until Camera shows all players and managers.
      • UCL Line up graphic
        Ze1pO60.jpg
        9slMHfW.jpg
      • Too Polite Players
        VfQ79D7.jpg
        It's rare in real life. But We always can see in FIFA.
      • Tunnel scene is needed to All stadiums
      • Big emblem flag in Final
        1200px-2010_Champions_League_Final_opening_ceremony.jpg
      • Natioinal Flag in correct position, FIFA flags in National Match
        Paraguay_vs._Italy_-_FIFA_World_Cup_2010_%28National_anthems%29.jpg
      • Putting arms around each other's shoulders while national anthem is played
        worldcup_wide-50213f5bbe7ac1c5c605721e71749aae6635e362.jpg?s=1400
    Post edited by comet213 on
  • xJOE
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    I would absolutely love for someone who works at EA to try and do a sales pitch for FIFA 19 to me, a career-only player.
  • jasonthompson
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA_Aidan wrote: »
    91dpabhehrcc.png

Hey FIFA Fans!

Welcome to The Pitch Notes: a deep dive into FIFA 19 from the people who make the game and from our community team.

First, we look at the gameplay features in FIFA 19: http://x.ea.com/48805

We’d love to hear your feedback on the new platform and gameplay announcements for FIFA 19!

I played pro clubs and career mode in the fifa 19 beta and I played pro clubs and career mode in fifa 18 yesterday and they are the exact same game just less control in fifa 19.
  • Massikiller
    63 posts Park Captain
    EA_Aidan wrote: »
    91dpabhehrcc.png

Hey FIFA Fans!

Welcome to The Pitch Notes: a deep dive into FIFA 19 from the people who make the game and from our community team.

First, we look at the gameplay features in FIFA 19: http://x.ea.com/48805

We’d love to hear your feedback on the new platform and gameplay announcements for FIFA 19!

I played pro clubs and career mode in the fifa 19 beta and I played pro clubs and career mode in fifa 18 yesterday and they are the exact same game just less control in fifa 19.

What do you mean by less control?
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wheres all the answers then EA ? You said you'd answer proper questions and the forum is riddled with them?
  • Bouboe112
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Waveform2 wrote: »
    Wheres all the answers then EA ? You said you'd answer proper questions and the forum is riddled with them?

You are talking to a wall mate. We the consumers are only good for our money
  • Bouboe112 wrote: »

You are talking to a wall mate. We the consumers are only good for our money

Unfortunately, that's exactly what they make it look like
  • Retro_G
    27054 posts Player of the Year

You're at to forcing the man into retirement!
  • Waveform2
    Alex wrote: »
    Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how

Alex: Thanks for all your hard work; but when can we expect some of this information regarding the posts thats have been written by people who have obviously taken a lot of time putting together these posts outlining the problems that have been in the Fifa franchise year after year after year?

Thanks very much for your time and look forward to you in depth answers.

Regards

The Fifa Community
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Alex wrote: »
    Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how

Alex: Thanks for all your hard work; but when can we expect some of this information regarding the posts thats have been written by people who have obviously taken a lot of time putting together these posts outlining the problems that have been in the Fifa franchise year after year after year?

Thanks very much for your time and look forward to you in depth answers.

Regards

The Fifa Community

All feedback on this forum is being read from EA and is appreciated, in terms of responses for the posts that you are talking about I currently don't have any information on that.

• Waveform2
    edited August 2018
    What about comet213s post above for example? Also if it were being read Fifa would have implemented features and fixed problems that have been with us for years; Im only responding to the statement you made in an earlier post.
  • Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    xJOE wrote: »
    I would absolutely love for someone who works at EA to try and do a sales pitch for FIFA 19 to me, a career-only player.

As soon as they see you say the word "career", they know not to waste their time and will close the door in your face.
    They won't waste their time or resources trying when they can use it to get 2 other people to buy the game due to the added licenses, or FUT, or something else.
    Sorry you are getting the shaft, but their numbers are telling them not to care about you.
    That's business. It stinks, but it's how it is.
  • Die hard fifa player here but yesterday went to the dark side bought pes19 and wow it’s so far behind fifa sold it on eBay within 2hours lol. Any news on demo I need a new football game to play