RF Fantasy Premier League 2020-21

Comments

• Ashy
    12032 posts Has That Special Something
    Most people will go with Auba if they have him, if not a Utd player I expect

City may struggle at Wolves
    Chelsea v Liverpool could be a goal fest or a close 1-0.
  • Pxul_
    9723 posts League Winner
    I’m going for Willian hahahah
  • Cyodine
    2726 posts Fans' Favourite
    Okay... So I used my WC for GW2 as I wasn't impressed with my team but I also built it specifically for GW1 and didn't leave room to really bring in others without taking hits. I am avoiding taking a hit at all cost, even a -4. So... I think this team will allow me a bit more freedom to change out players without taking any hits and I have .5m in the bank to assist with changes. My Captian/Vice are still undecided. So... What do you all think of my current FPL team?

lrrCojN.png
  • Pxul_
    9723 posts League Winner
    Swap lacelles for lewis imo
  • Cyodine
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Swap lacelles for lewis imo

Didn't realize they were the same price! Thank you.
  • Sellish
    10201 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I’m going for Willian hahahah

That's crazy.
    He might get subbed in at the 80min mark or he might be a MOTM again.
  • Pxul_
    9723 posts League Winner
    Probs end up going for Wilson but at this time it’s Willian
  • Ahmer50x
    25064 posts Player of the Year
    Not having and captaining Aubameyang feels suicidal this GW.

Also not a fan of Pickford in goal. Everton defense is unproven, as good as Allan looks in front of it. Digne is enough.

I'd dump Ward for a 4.0 DEF, Pickford for a 4.5 GK, and use the funds to upgrade Foden to James Rodriguez.

Mendy is also a poor choice as the 4.5 mid. He's not going to play often enough once everyone is fit.
  • Wyojasond
    14915 posts Has That Special Something
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on Bamford? Think he’ll still start over Rodrigo?
  • Ashy
    edited September 16

Yes at least until the first international break imo, he missed a lot of big chances in the Championship and fill frustrate you, he got lucky with th VVD mistake last week, not convinced he will be a good pick at all
  • Wyojasond
    14915 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »

Yes at least until the first international break imo, he missed a lot of big chances in the Championship and fill frustrate you, he got lucky with th VVD mistake last week, not convinced he will be a good pick at all

I was personally thinking Rodrigo would start sooner.
  • Sellish
    edited September 16
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Not having and captaining Aubameyang feels suicidal this GW

Missing out on Salah last week was devastating.
    This is a must.
  • Ashy

I was personally thinking Rodrigo would start sooner.

Rodrigo made a mistake that cost Leeds the point in the end, Bamford did well with what he could do, pressed well and everything. Bamford will start against Fulham and of he does bad I expect Rodrigo to come on around 60-70 minutes.

Rodrigo is playing for Leeds tonight against Hull so Bamford is expected to start at the weekend.

Whoever impresses the most in the next week will take the spot against Sheffield and City. Could go either way very risky pick imo
  • Pxul_
    9723 posts League Winner
    We’ll see
  • Cyodine
    Not having and captaining Aubameyang feels suicidal this GW.

Also not a fan of Pickford in goal. Everton defense is unproven, as good as Allan looks in front of it. Digne is enough.

I'd dump Ward for a 4.0 DEF, Pickford for a 4.5 GK, and use the funds to upgrade Foden to James Rodriguez.

Mendy is also a poor choice as the 4.5 mid. He's not going to play often enough once everyone is fit.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll shift some players around and see what I can do!
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner
    i dont have auba and i aint even worried
  • Sellish
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Famous last words.
  • Ahmer50x

tenor.gif
  • Pxul_
    9723 posts League Winner

^^^
  • arsenalap
    8462 posts League Winner
    I wouldnt ever be worried about not having Auba.
    The most he will almost ever get is 2 goals.

Compared to Salah who can get 2 or 3 from midfield along with assists, not even comparable.
  • Ashy
    arsenalap wrote: »

Compared to Salah who can get 2 or 3 from midfield along with assists, not even comparable.

Auba is now class as a midfielder now btw
  • arsenalap
    8462 posts League Winner

Ah yeye slipped my mind. Still wouldnt be overly worried.

Dont remember many times Auba got 3 goal contributions in 1 game.
  • El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 16

5 goal game for Auba incoming.
  • Cyodine

tenor.gif

Smells of your Harry Kane tactic. Come Saturday @Ahmer50x will have no Auba in his team.
  • Ahmer50x
    Cyodine wrote: »

tenor.gif

Smells of your Harry Kane tactic. Come Saturday Ahmer50x will have no Auba in his team.

tenor.gif?itemid=8159346
  • Milanista28
    1516 posts Play-Off Hero
    Willian the obvious captain choice.
  • Ashy
    Willian the obvious captain choice.

There is always that player that has a great first week, loads of people get him in and he does nothing in week 2 and is very inconsistent in general that is probably Willian this year
  • G000ner
    5123 posts Big Money Move
    Willian might not even start. Plus he's not someone who gets many goals and he certainly won't be getting 3 assists every week. Can't believe so many are bringing him in.

Agree with @Ashy, definitely seems like that sort of situation. Either that or Willian gets like 5 goals + 5 assists in his next 5 games, then doesn't score or assist for the next 10. That will probably happen just to ruin my FPL team
  • Pxul_
    9723 posts League Winner
    Im bringing in an Arsenal attacking player the reason I’ve brought in Willian is because there is better value strikers than lacazette and aub is too expensive to have both him Salah and a city attacker.

Willian is the best option.
  • Kellnerr
    3845 posts National Call-Up

Ah yeye slipped my mind. Still wouldnt be overly worried.

Dont remember many times Auba got 3 goal contributions in 1 game.

Auba isn't about getting 10+ points per game, it's much more about having a reliable captain option that will result in 12+ points instead of a 4 point Willian captain choice.

Van Persie was 14M when he was at United and had 26 goals and 15 assists. He hardly had games where he scored much more than 10 points, but blanked in only 8 games that season, he was the perfect FPL captain and an absolute must have.