25065 posts Player of the Year
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Wildcard played 😔

Let's see how many who joins the GW1 wildcard party train
    giphy+%281%29.gif

Ngl I think the GW2 wildcard is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ stupid idea but I'm considering it because of a few moves I'd like to make :joy:

I take it you want 3 United players in?

Nah, only 2 good United FPL assets IMO.
  • G000ner
    5123 posts Big Money Move
    Thing is if I dont play the wildcard I'll be thinking about playing the wildcard every week until I play it. I'm kinda glad to get it out the way 😅. Probably will end up being the wrong move as in a few weeks we'll have more info, but I'm a lot more confident in my team right now.
  • Ahmer50x
    I just think with COVID, there can be a GW where you suddenly find out 2-3 of your players are out and you want that emergency option. That's why I'm holding it (unless my impulsiveness gets the better of me)
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner
    edited September 15
    i think people can be safe in the idea of following the runaway champion thsn some midtable peasant
  • Ahmer50x
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i think people can be safe in the idea of following the runaway champion thsn some midtable peasant

Hey! I've got a lot to offer early on. It's GW's 2 onwards that it's going to revert back to type:

tenor.gif
  • wth22
    11480 posts Has That Special Something
    Other than an injury or suspension, a gameweek 2 transfer let alone wildcard indicates poor initial planning and/or knee jerking
  • Ahmer50x
    wth22 wrote: »
    Other than an injury or suspension, a gameweek 2 transfer let alone wildcard indicates poor initial planning and/or knee jerking

This season is a little different as some of us preplanned moves to navigate the blanks but broadly you’re right.
  • arsenalap
    8462 posts League Winner

Unless you planned to wildcard before
  • G000ner
    Poor planning on my part. I'm sure i'll end up regretting anyway
  • El_Nino
    6409 posts Big Money Move

Quite the opposite for me
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner
    edited September 16

yeah if you didnt plan for it...

clever people like myself already knew we were gonna Wildcard in GW2 because i want man utd/city players in my long terms team, trying to build up to that team week by week with FTs and all the price rises/falls would be painful

now people who only decided after GW1 to WC or take hits... well they are different
  • Cyodine
    2726 posts Fans' Favourite

clever people like myself already knew we were gonna Wildcard in GW2 because i want man utd/city players in my long terms team, trying to build up to that team week by week with FTs and all the price rises/falls would be painful

now people who only decided after GW1 to WC or take hits... well they are different

It's like your copying all my tactics from last season.

• G000ner
    Cyodine wrote: »

Triple captaining the keeper is next isn't it? Or was that supposed to be last week
  • Cyodine
    G000ner wrote: »
    Cyodine wrote: »

Triple captaining the keeper is next isn't it? Or was that supposed to be last week

I'll use it when we have a double GW, but it would have been last week.
  • wth22
    11480 posts Has That Special Something

I mean it's not a smart plan if you're needing to waste a chip you only get twice a season a gameweek in is it ;)
  • G000ner

I mean it's not a smart plan if you're needing to waste a chip you only get twice a season a gameweek in is it ;)

it is if it works
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner

depends... if you are a bad player then yeah you probably NEED a wildcard 1st half of the season, but if you are smart in your squad building/maintenance then you never NEED a wildcard without DGW or BGW

this season started with BGW so i am using that WC to correct my team after picking team just for that 1 BGW :)

few months from now i will try to remember you as you fight to be midtable
  • Stlducks
    3235 posts National Call-Up
    Not that I am going to pick Bale up because who knows how consistent he would be... but he if did come to Spurs, any guesses on how much he would be in FPL? I was thinking 8 but because of his name he might be more?
  • Ahmer50x
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Not that I am going to pick Bale up because who knows how consistent he would be... but he if did come to Spurs, any guesses on how much he would be in FPL? I was thinking 8 but because of his name he might be more?

9.5 IMO
  • Kellnerr
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Can't see Bale being below 10 due to his FPL history
  • Cyodine

9.5 IMO

I'd say at least 8 or 8.5, I can't see him being more than Son. Even at 8, he's a big gamble unless playing for Spurs again just helps him rediscover his amazing form.
  • G000ner
    edited September 16
    I agree with 9.5. Can't see him being any lower (but also can't see him being the same or more than the likes of Aguero, Kane, Fernandes)
  • G000ner
    Then again they did price James quite fairly, so maybe they'll put Bale at 8.5/9. Realistically he's definitely got worse since he left the PL, so we shouldnt be expecting similar returns to those or even his early days at Madrid. Think he could score similarly to Son
  • Ahmer50x
    On his actual returns, he should be in the James bracket. 7.5 or 8.

But they always value star power too. Can't imagine they go below 9.5.
  • ViVaWhom
    9378 posts League Winner
    he would have to be 7.5 for me to even consider
  • Wyojasond
    14917 posts Has That Special Something
    I’d be shocked if he was below 9. Have to agree he’d be 9.5 at least.

As for the WC, it was a plan B for me, I decided to do it because of uncertainty of a few players (Mainly City. Foden and Jesus) Not happy about it, but do feel my team is setup better for the long run now. Only time will tell.
  • El_Nino
    9.5/10, more than Son, less than Kane.

Monumental gamble to go near him at first, hard to price because no one truly knows how good he is anymore, he dropped off massively for Madrid but that seemed a lot down to factors off the pitch.

Could easily be a massive point scorer, could easily be a massive waste of money.
  • Stlducks
    3235 posts National Call-Up

That is what I'm curious about. Going off form, he shouldn't be higher than Werner coming in for example but based on his history and name I'm curious if they bump him up.
  • El_Nino

That is what I'm curious about. Going off form, he shouldn't be higher than Werner coming in for example but based on his history and name I'm curious if they bump him up.

Thing is, you could argue Werner based on the last 2 seasons form, but you can equally argue Bale based on knowing the league and the points he’s gotten previously, really tough player to price, they could easily get it badly wrong either way.
  • Cyodine
    edited September 16
    Not sure who to Captain in GW2, I might gamble with Willian again as they're playing WHU.