RF Fantasy Premier League 2019-20

Comments

• G000ner
    3815 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    19 people so far. Can't really say I even know 19 people in this forum lol.

Think there’s like, 7/8 Liverpool guys, 5 Chelsea guys, 3/4 Arsenal guys and a few of the lower league teams and the rest will be united fans.

Brings the forums a bit closer together throngs like this.

In my experience the Arsenal fans usually win this :smirk:. Only exception was when Leicester won the league and Ash captained Vardy every week from GW1. Even then I think he may have finished second thinking about it :D

How the **** you came back in the second half still astounds me :lol:

iirc I transferred in Zaha for the final gameweek and he got me 3 assists in the second half 🤔

it's a sign
  • Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something
    Kicked out Rneem Swedan.

SmellsLikeTeamSpirit (Ripunjay Kalita) and MoSalad (Nicholas Speller) have a few hours to identify before I kick them.

I know who the other 16 are.

Ripunjay and Nicholas have been kicked out.

With the addition of WelshWizard, we've got 17 confirmed people.

Nameless (Paul Lobban) has a few hours to confirm his identity before he gets banned too.
  • Kellnerr
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any tip of a 5.0 midfielder that's better than the 5.5 choices? Currently have Moutinho, but could really do with an extra 0.5
    Probably going not 343 for the first time I've been playing FPL, looks like value might be found in defence.
  • G000ner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Any tip of a 5.0 midfielder that's better than the 5.5 choices? Currently have Moutinho, but could really do with an extra 0.5
    Probably going not 343 for the first time I've been playing FPL, looks like value might be found in defence.

The only good 5mil option I can see is Jorginho. With Hazard leaving, he'll probably be on pens and Chelsea should get quite a few as they have some decent dribblers. Under Lampard, it's fairly likely that Kante will play CDM. Jorginho will probably play a bit further forward, which increases his assist potential. Also, selecting 5mil mids from the top teams is never a bad idea, because they'll get more clean sheet points.
  • Ahmer50x
    Paul Lobban banned.

That's now 9 teams I've had to kick out :lol:
  • Kellnerr
    edited July 9

The only good 5mil option I can see is Jorginho. With Hazard leaving, he'll probably be on pens and Chelsea should get quite a few as they have some decent dribblers. Under Lampard, it's fairly likely that Kante will play CDM. Jorginho will probably play a bit further forward, which increases his assist potential. Also, selecting 5mil mids from the top teams is never a bad idea, because they'll get more clean sheet points.

Yeah he was my first thought aswell. Will wait and see how well Chelsea do and how they line up in pre-season. Wonder when their other players like Abraham, Mount, James make it into FPL.
    edit: might Jorginho be taking corners and indirect free kicks too maybe? At least if Willian does not play.
    On another note, Lee Grant is 5M :joy:
  • G000ner

Yeah he was my first thought aswell. Will wait and see how well Chelsea do and how they line up in pre-season. Wonder when their other players like Abraham, Mount, James make it into FPL.
    edit: might Jorginho be taking corners and indirect free kicks too maybe? At least if Willian does not play.
    On another note, Lee Grant is 5M :joy:

Yeah we don't know if Jorginho is a guaranteed starter yet and there's still generally a lot of uncertainty around Chelsea. Could be a good pick though.

and I wouldn't even pay 5m for De Gea :D
  • Apollo
    11778 posts Has That Special Something
    Worth noting for those looking at percentage ownership at this early stage, there's still only ~850k players at the moment, there's normally like 6 million by the time the season starts, isn't there? Players that people are worried out leaving out due to high ownership might change as more players sign up for this year
  • Keano
    11722 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Worth noting for those looking at percentage ownership at this early stage, there's still only ~850k players at the moment, there's normally like 6 million by the time the season starts, isn't there? Players that people are worried out leaving out due to high ownership might change as more players sign up for this year

Nobody should be set on their teams anyway as transfers can happen at any time at the moment. For example if we sign Fernandes i would put him in my team, but obviously cant atm.... so high percentage players are ones that yeah a lot believe will do well but a fair amount of people just see the % and jump on the bandwagon
  • Wyojasond
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    I totally revamped my team yesterday again 🤦‍♂️😂

Have a feeling Mane might miss out a bit on the start of the season (doubt it, but there’s a chance) so swapped him for Sterling
  • Keano

Have a feeling Mane might miss out a bit on the start of the season (doubt it, but there’s a chance) so swapped him for Sterling

Is he still at afcon or how far did he get? (I put him in ffs). Wondering if he might get an extended break.
  • Wyojasond
    Keano wrote: »

Is he still at afcon or how far did he get? (I put him in ffs). Wondering if he might get an extended break.

Yeah still at AFCON. Senegal is in the semis and likely to make the finals. Klopp usually gives players 3 weeks off from there last game. I’d guess he still starts the season but it’s looking likely he might get some time off.
  • Keano
    Keano wrote: »

Yeah still at AFCON. Senegal is in the semis and likely to make the finals. Klopp usually gives players 3 weeks off from there last game. I’d guess he still starts the season but it’s looking likely he might get some time off.

Ah cheers will have to relook at my team and who may replace him for now then.
  • Ahmer50x
    4WpZcGSryQCssV7SowtrU4UDSA3JkBkw3jdvEPdvlvY.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=749b65fccb1eeda7f76ce1c8e84e1c1f83a18d6e
  • Apollo
    edited July 16

Thoughts on what his price will be if that's right? £8m?

Edit: It is right:

• Kellnerr
    Don't think he should be more expensive than Jimenez at 7.5, 8.0 at a stretch. Has been an absolute machine for Frankfurt last season but needs to prove it in the PL I'd say. Could be a real bargain tho
  • Apollo
    Don't think he should be more expensive than Jimenez at 7.5, 8.0 at a stretch. Has been an absolute machine for Frankfurt last season but needs to prove it in the PL I'd say. Could be a real bargain tho

Yeah I think so too hence why I posted, could be a good option. Be interested to see what they price him at
  • arsenalap
    3589 posts National Call-Up
    Hell be straight in my team
  • Sellish
    8367 posts League Winner
    Worth 1-1,5 more then Pukki?
  • Kellnerr

Difficult to say imo, depends where you'd spend the extra money if you went with Pukki. Feel like the best value for money is Deulofeu personally.
  • Pietu
    884 posts Semi-Pro

Absolutely not!
  • Ahmer50x
    Will be one to consider for me.

Good player, good team, but unproven.
  • Apollo
    Haller is £7.5m
  • Wyojasond
    Haller is £7.5m

Damnit,.....now I have to go look at my team again 😂
  • ViVaWhom
    7243 posts Big Money Move
    .5 too expensive
  • Apollo
    Haller is £7.5m

Damnit,.....now I have to go look at my team again 😂

I've had to do the same for him :joy: Had to rework some of my midfield to free up the funds to get him in the team, taken Mane out as well given he's looking likely to miss the start of the season.
  • WelshWizard
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haller likely my first transfer after gw1 just desermated my Midfield to make it a easy swap. Bruno signs for United and I have to rejig it all again :D
  • Ahmer50x
    Too expensive for an unproven asset.

Pass for now from me
  • Pxul_
    7196 posts Big Money Move
    Too expensive for an unproven asset.

Pass for now from me

This from West Ham I’ll be having Anderson
  • If anyone is interested in a cash league, we can use some fresh blood. Been running for about 7 years now. Typically around 30-40 entrants. Top 3 win cash. Also prizes for monthly winners. [email protected] for info.