Comments

• finsfan85
    11887 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    wtf! who ever is playing @Keano in h2h... congratulations on your win

It was last weekends and @TakeItSlow enjoyed it 😂

Wait how do you take a hit on last week when it was the first week???

The minus 12 is for next week.

Yup. Keano still learning the rules.
  • Keano
    12163 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Oh my bad then 😂 yeah well done to whoever i’m against then, oh well i’ll sort it out eventually
  • finsfan85
    11887 posts Has That Special Something

Oh my bad then 😂 yeah well done to whoever i’m against then, oh well i’ll sort it out eventually

Once the deadline for the current gameweek passes (one hour before the first match of the week), all moves made are for the following gameweek.
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    I keep saying it because it’s actually helpful. If you’re new to FPL, just take 10 mins and go read the entire rules page.
  • Keano

Once the deadline for the current gameweek passes (one hour before the first match of the week), all moves made are for the following gameweek.

Ahh fair enough i thought it was the same game week
  • ViVaWhom
    7587 posts League Winner
    edited August 14

oh no, who wants to tell @Keano ? :lol:

EDIT: nvm many have told him :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    15713 posts World Class
    It’s okay, back in 16/17 I took a 16-point hit to bring in Alexis and make him my captain. The following result: West Ham 1-5 Arsenal :trollface:
  • Keano
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I keep saying it because it’s actually helpful. If you’re new to FPL, just take 10 mins and go read the entire rules page.

I’m a learn as i go kinda guy.... plus i’m out being bag carrier at the shops atm... :(
  • Cyodine
    1099 posts Professional

I’m a learn as i go kinda guy.... plus i’m out being bag carrier at the shops atm... :(

I made a lot of changes as well. GW2 will be a free win for my opponent, unless I get really lucky. Only time will tell but I learn as I go.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Taking negatives to get price changes isn't entirely the worst thing as long as you dont do it often.

Taking negatives because a player has a single easier fixture than another is a big no. Only exceptions are maybe double gameweeks, or if it's a premium player in top form against a bad side who you will captain.
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    First lesson of doing well in FPL: take hits very rarely. If you're taking minus points more than say once a month (maximum, being very very generous there), you're gonna do very poorly
  • Keano
    I will be fine dont worry, if i come last ill know to expect stick, but ill not be taking minuses often just a quick fix before price changes
  • arsenalap
    I will be fine dont worry, if i come last ill know to expect stick, but ill not be taking minuses often just a quick fix before price changes

Na dont worry mate, nobody here is an expect. Play your own way and see how it goes. But we're just giving advice from previous experiences.
  • Apollo
    13028 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Or in other words @Ahmer50x thinks we’re all gash

giphy.gif
  • Wyojasond
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Don’t worry guys. After I get done slapping Ahmer around this week and Neves gets a hat trick against United to power me to victory....he’ll know his place then 😂
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    Don’t worry guys. After I get done slapping Ahmer around this week and Neves gets a hat trick against United to power me to victory....he’ll know his place then 😂

I actually do fancy you for the 3 pts this week.

You've got better fixtures for your players.
  • Keano

I actually do fancy you for the 3 pts this week.

You've got better fixtures for your players.

A real champ would've foreseen this :trollface:
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner
    TAA already being taken out of the big games. Good news for this weekend as he will likely be back in but definitely envisage him being rested in the big games in the PL too.
  • Wyojasond
    Couchy wrote: »
    TAA already being taken out of the big games. Good news for this weekend as he will likely be back in but definitely envisage him being rested in the big games in the PL too.

Don’t think I’d call this a big game 🤷‍♂️
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner
    edited August 14

Game between the two previous seasons European champions for a trophy against a PL rival? Of course it’s a big game, as shown by the two team selections.
  • Wyojasond

Game between the two previous seasons European champions for a trophy against a PL rival? Of course it’s a big game, as shown by the two team selections.

To each there own but I’ve never been a fan of these type of games. Nobody really counts the trophies at the end of the day. Plus people are gonna care more about the league games this weekend in my opinion.

Hey if we win that’s awesome, but I’m not gonna get to worried about it because I’d care about the same if we lose. Just a preseason game in my eyes.
  • Keano

To each there own but I’ve never been a fan of these type of games. Nobody really counts the trophies at the end of the day. Plus people are gonna care more about the league games this weekend in my opinion.

Hey if we win that’s awesome, but I’m not gonna get to worried about it because I’d care about the same if we lose. Just a preseason game in my eyes.

It's a one match trophy, like the community shield, but at the end of the day it's still a trophy & you've got to be winning a European cup to be there, so there is some importance to it, the fact it's against a Premier League rival just makes it more interesting.
  • arsenalap
    It's a big game imo
  • Wyojasond
    Here’s my big thing with them.

Win and brag about it and everyone calls it a tinpot trophy and it means nothing.

Lose and you get drug through the stones about losing another trophy 😂
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner

Win and brag about it and everyone calls it a tinpot trophy and it means nothing.

That’s true for the charity shield. Not the European super cup - It’s a legit trophy.
  • wth22
    9673 posts League Winner

It's the same thing as being in the Europa League (as well as the cups). Lose-lose situation.
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner
    wth22 wrote: »

It's the same thing as being in the Europa League (as well as the cups). Lose-lose situation.

Since Europa league came with CL qualification it’s become far more legit.
  • Pxul_
    7454 posts League Winner
    Can the weekend be here already 😴
  • Keano
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Can the weekend be here already 😴

Know that feeling., the week is so boring with nothing to do/break it up.