RF Fantasy Premier League 2019-20

Comments

  • Apollo
    13028 posts Has That Special Something
    People doubting VVD gets goals this season......

    giphy.gif

    Not me. I tagged you in my post advocating picking VVD ;)
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    Didn’t say he won’t score. Just don’t think he goes above 6
  • G000ner
    3929 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 13
    I expect all Liverpool defenders to score around the 200 points mark. The thing that makes van Dijk more appealing is his price. The fact that he's 0.5m less and will score similarly makes him the obvious choice if you're only picking one of the three. That and the fact he'll play every single game, whereas Trent will be rotated for certain games and Robertson will probably miss a few.

    Even if van Dijk doesn't improve on his goal tally, he got 4 goals and 4 assists last season. That's 36 FPL points. Remember a defender gets 6 points for a goal and 3 for an assist.

    Compare it to Robertson- 12 assists equates to 36 FPL points and Trent got 45 points worth of attacking returns with his 13 assists and 1 goal.

    Even the bonus points aren't that different. Robertson got 29, Trent got 25 and van Dijk 22

    Basically there's very little between them and that's without factoring in the extra minutes van Dijk will play. Trent will likely get the most attacking returns, but play the least minutes. Robertson will get slightly more attacking returns than van Dijk, but play slightly less minutes. I'd say Robertson is a happy medium between Trent and van Dijk. I'd put all three on a level playing field, but van Dijk is 0.5m cheaper
  • wth22
    9673 posts League Winner
    I wouldn't consider TAA's PPM as a reason to pick him over VvD. There is a reason why he has less minutes played - he is more of a rotation risk - which puts his minutes at jeopardy. Klopp constantly benches him in bigger games in favor of Gomez as he's mediocre defensively - see Barca 1st leg or PSG away in the CL last year or City at home or United away in the PL as examples.

    If he's a bench risk for certain fixtures takes away from the fantasy appeal when the alternative is £0.5m cheaper. Last year when TAA was £5.0m and Robertson/VvD £6.0m it was worth the tradeoff.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    The overriding factor I think is that Liverpool wont keep as many clean sheets this year imo.

    But.. Trent will still have as many attacking points I think.
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    The overriding factor I think is that Liverpool wont keep as many clean sheets this year imo.

    But.. Trent will still have as many attacking points I think.

    Not sure where this idea has come from. Don’t see Pools clean sheets dropping that much from last year but would be counting on VVD notching a more goals to make up for any drop off.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 14
    Couchy wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    The overriding factor I think is that Liverpool wont keep as many clean sheets this year imo.

    But.. Trent will still have as many attacking points I think.

    Not sure where this idea has come from. Don’t see Pools clean sheets dropping that much from last year but would be counting on VVD notching a more goals to make up for any drop off.

    Pre season and the Norwich game. Yes I know it doesn't mean a lot in the big scheme.

    Coupled with Allison missing 4 to 5 games, a lack of depth at the back.

    I think the lack of depth at the back actually means Trent is less rotation prone. Only 3 senior CBs.

    Tbh I also think the amount of clean sheets they got last year was an outlier.

    One thing I'm eying up is Arsenal defenders. Very cheap, and this year I cant see us being anywhere near as poor defensively once our whole back 4 recovers from injury.

    I'm also a big believer that you should always make signings for many reasons.
  • Pxul_
    7454 posts League Winner
    AMN is good value and tierney will be once he’s fit. Wouldn’t go near a CB for Arsenal they’re still a bit dodgey.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    AMN is good value and tierney will be once he’s fit. Wouldn’t go near a CB for Arsenal they’re still a bit dodgey.

    Leno and Holding are very good value.
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    The overriding factor I think is that Liverpool wont keep as many clean sheets this year imo.

    But.. Trent will still have as many attacking points I think.

    Not sure where this idea has come from. Don’t see Pools clean sheets dropping that much from last year but would be counting on VVD notching a more goals to make up for any drop off.

    Pre season and the Norwich game. Yes I know it doesn't mean a lot in the big scheme.

    Coupled with Allison missing 4 to 5 games, a lack of depth at the back.

    I think the lack of depth at the back actually means Trent is less rotation prone. Only 3 senior CBs.

    Tbh I also think the amount of clean sheets they got last year was an outlier.

    One thing I'm eying up is Arsenal defenders. Very cheap, and this year I cant see us being anywhere near as poor defensively once our whole back 4 recovers from injury.

    I'm also a big believer that you should always make signings for many reasons.

    Not buying into that personally. The Gomez VVD partnership, once they’ve gelled, will be immense. Pool didn’t have all those clean sheets because of Alisson, he had the fewest (or second fewest) shots against him last season.

    Arsenal defenders... fill your boots by all means :wink:
  • Pxul_
    7454 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

    That’s good because I still can’t see how many points my players got in GW1 on the app.
  • Apollo
    13028 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

    That’s good because I still can’t see how many points my players got in GW1 on the app.

    I don't use the app personally, I knew some in here did though so thought I'd post. Pretty poor from them that so many issues got through their testing imo
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

    That’s good because I still can’t see how many points my players got in GW1 on the app.

    Deleting and reinstalling fixed that for me.
  • Pxul_
    7454 posts League Winner
    Couchy wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

    That’s good because I still can’t see how many points my players got in GW1 on the app.

    Deleting and reinstalling fixed that for me.

    Great that worked, thanks :)
  • Ahmer50x
    16199 posts World Class
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    Team Wooden Spoontje has arrived.
    Is it too late to join this league? First time doing fpl and just noticed this thread.
    Couchy wrote: »
    Yeah if you boys don’t mind the competition :wink:

    Think I would’ve been up near the top of your league if I joined last year.

    @MorroWtje @Elpistolero91 @Couchy

    Issues sorted on FPL's end. I've opened it and PM-ed you three the league code.

    Please post your team name in here once you're in so I know who you are and can close it back.
  • Keano
    12163 posts Has That Special Something
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    What do you mean its funny? Hes out for the season more or less
  • ViVaWhom
    7587 posts League Winner
    should have left myself .5 to make easier early transfers if need be
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    should have left myself .5 to make easier early transfers if need be

    I've done that. Its annoying because it feels like you're missing out on potential price increases yourself but gives flexibility I guess.
  • Elpistolero91
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Ahmer50x Cheers. Team name is FC Nogzy.
  • El_Nino
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    Eugh Sterling getting harder to get by the day.
    Should have moved on Martial quicker.
  • Keano
    12163 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    What do you mean its funny? Hes out for the season more or less

    Funny that he costs that much and is out...
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    Eugh Sterling getting harder to get by the day.
    Should have moved on Martial quicker.

    Yeah i took the 12 points deduction for that reason
  • El_Nino
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keano wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    What do you mean its funny? Hes out for the season more or less

    Funny that he costs that much and is out...
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    Eugh Sterling getting harder to get by the day.
    Should have moved on Martial quicker.

    Yeah i took the 12 points deduction for that reason

    That’s brave.
    It may work out but damn. 12 points is massive, I lost my work league last year by less than that.
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    What do you mean its funny? Hes out for the season more or less

    Funny that he costs that much and is out...
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »

    Glad i got a couple of these before this.

    Sane still 9.4 mill is funny though as i’m sure people still have him.

    Eugh Sterling getting harder to get by the day.
    Should have moved on Martial quicker.

    Yeah i took the 12 points deduction for that reason

    Ah I thought you meant he should have stayed the same.
  • ViVaWhom
    7587 posts League Winner
    wtf! who ever is playing @Keano in h2h... congratulations on your win
  • Ashy
    9193 posts League Winner
    Held off Martial for now stuck with Fraser let's see if it pays off
  • Keano
    12163 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    wtf! who ever is playing @Keano in h2h... congratulations on your win

    It was last weekends and @TakeItSlow enjoyed it 😂
  • arsenalap
    4023 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 14
    Keano wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    wtf! who ever is playing @Keano in h2h... congratulations on your win

    It was last weekends and @TakeItSlow enjoyed it 😂

    Wait how do you take a hit on last week when it was the first week???

    The minus 12 is for next week.
Sign In or Register to comment.