RF Fantasy Premier League 2019-20

Comments

• wth22
    9738 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Good season anyway. Don't remember this league ever being so tight at the top

Agreed. It's been a lot of fun this season and it feels terrible to barely miss out on my goals (a few points off you and 100863 overall :cry: ) but this is my best FPL season ever and I only plan to get more serious next year :sunglasses:
    That sounds so much like Liverpool :D
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class
    wth22 wrote: »
    Good season anyway. Don't remember this league ever being so tight at the top

Agreed. It's been a lot of fun this season and it feels terrible to barely miss out on my goals (a few points off you and 100863 overall :cry: ) but this is my best FPL season ever and I only plan to get more serious next year :sunglasses:
    That sounds so much like Liverpool :D

It was.

It even featured a slip by me.

A few weeks ago, I had Salah captained for the Huddersfield match. A min before the deadline I saw a fake team sheet from some LFC fan twitter account that had Salah benched so I switched it to Mane. Then Salah started and the switch cost me 12 points.

If I didn't **** that up, I'd have achieved all my goals :cry:
  • ViVaWhom
    7960 posts League Winner
    i was top in both leagues in GW36 :lol: been leading for months too, kinda makes you think "whats the point"
  • arsenalap
    4645 posts National Call-Up
    77 this week. Solid.
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class
    LiveFPL is showing me at 99988 so I may have just made it to my target.

3 pts behind G000ner tho :cry:
  • ViVaWhom
    7960 posts League Winner
    i am pretty sure i will be 4th come the end of the day
  • G000ner
    4098 posts National Call-Up
    You're in the top 100k by 13 places @Ahmer50x :D
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class

Just made it :relieved:

Gutted to have lost to you of course but it was a great race. Really happy with cracking the top 100K.

Next year, gonna aim top 10k :sunglasses:
  • ViVaWhom
    7960 posts League Winner

Just made it :relieved:

Gutted to have lost to you of course but it was a great race. Really happy with cracking the top 100K.

Next year, gonna aim top 10k :sunglasses:

:lol: no chance
  • Pxul_
    7776 posts League Winner
    Bring on next year, imma try the whole season and fingers crossed I do better than the top 2 million lmao 😂
  • Apollo
    14421 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Bring on next year, imma try the whole season and fingers crossed I do better than the top 2 million lmao 😂

Same here. :D

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless.

There's a Thanos quote for every occasion :D
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class
    How do you guys feel about doing a head to head league alongside the normal one next season?

We tried draft a few years ago and it failed miserably so i don't want to create it if nobody wants to play, but I think it could be fun especially for those who fall behind 200 pts after a few months to have something rewarding in FPL to look forward to on any given week.

Thoughts?
  • Apollo
    How do you guys feel about doing a head to head league alongside the normal one next season?

We tried draft a few years ago and it failed miserably so i don't want to create it if nobody wants to play, but I think it could be fun especially for those who fall behind 200 pts after a few months to have something rewarding in FPL to look forward to on any given week.

Thoughts?

Just checking. You don't need a separate team, do you? It just uses your main one but in a H2H format?
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Thoughts?

Just checking. You don't need a separate team, do you? It just uses your main one but in a H2H format?

Yup! No changes required on your end. Just an interest in matchups.
  • Apollo

Thoughts?

Yup! No changes required on your end. Just an interest in matchups.

I thought so. In that case I'd be fine with it, sounds like a good idea.
  • Kellnerr
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah H2H is quite fun, unless you lose with the second highest score against the GW's best whereas all of the other teams were **** :joy:
  • ViVaWhom
    7960 posts League Winner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Yeah H2H is quite fun, unless you lose with the second highest score against the GW's best whereas all of the other teams were **** :joy:

this hapoened to me ALOT when we did the draft H2H.. i lost the league with like 200 point more than anyone else
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

this hapoened to me ALOT when we did the draft H2H.. i lost the league with like 200 point more than anyone else

I feel like the bigger issue with draft was the fact that once we got our teams it was pretty much nothing to do.
  • ViVaWhom
    7960 posts League Winner
    edited May 21

ViVaWhom wrote: »

I feel like the bigger issue with draft was the fact that once we got our teams it was pretty much nothing to do.

yeah for sure, Draft is atrocious no matter what
  • Apollo
    When does FPL normally open in relation to when the fixtures are released?
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class

It can vary but the game launched in early July last year
  • Apollo

It can vary but the game launched in early July last year

Thanks
  • Kellnerr
    2517 posts Fans' Favourite
    Around July 10th I guess
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class
    How sad is it that I already know my formation and have more or less got half my time picked out? :lol:
  • Apollo
    How sad is it that I already know my formation and have more or less got half my time picked out? :lol:

I was considering starting planning now the fixtures are out which is why I asked when the game goes up, but I thought ~3 weeks was a bit far away :D
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class

I was considering starting planning now the fixtures are out which is why I asked when the game goes up, but I thought ~3 weeks was a bit far away :D

I looked at the data from last season and decided to develop a philosophy around which to play this year. Hoping that will take me from top 100K to top 10K :sunglasses:

It's got 10 rules I'm supposed to follow. We'll see how well I stick to it.
  • ViVaWhom
    7960 posts League Winner
    well... 3 liverpool players are a guarantee
  • Apollo
    Do you think there will be quite a few changes this year changing some midfielders to attackers? Son just for one example
  • Ahmer50x
    17476 posts World Class
    Do you think there will be quite a few changes this year changing some midfielders to attackers? Son just for one example

Would be shocked

The game has always treated attacking wide forwards like Salah, Son, and Sterling as mids
  • Apollo

Would be shocked

The game has always treated attacking wide forwards like Salah, Son, and Sterling as mids

Fair point. Was thinking about potential players and the possibility occurred to me