did pack weight just drop?

BC_United
1001 posts Professional
edited July 2018
like everyone else been packing blues the past 2-3 days in literally every single pack, even in silver upgrade packs
yesterday when the 5x 50ks came out i opened the 1st one and got 2 blues...
opened the other 4 today and didn't get a single blue...

anyone else experiencing the same?

Comments

• Maverick
    4877 posts National Call-Up
    Luck.
  • TalentFG
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    I pulled 5 blues in 3 packs today
  • Orison
    48667 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Pack weight doesn't change.

Look up the definition of luck.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    yeah pulled a couple of blues last night off a 100k so not bad
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Maverick wrote: »
    Luck.
    TalentFG wrote: »
    I pulled 5 blues in 3 packs today
    Orison wrote: »
    Pack weight doesn't change.

Look up the definition of luck.

haha ok, guess my luck atm is really bad now... not a single blue in 4x 50ks..... and i was about to do R9 and Maldini sbcs thinking this would be the best time to....
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    Maverick wrote: »
    Luck.

Such a hard concept to grasp for some
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Rutta wrote: »

ya i just can't explain why my luck has changed so much all of a sudden
  • YOLOT0URE
    6970 posts Big Money Move
    I’m convinced you’d ask this forum how to run a bath
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    BC_United wrote: »

That's literally the point in it.
  • Eddie Jones
    1975 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just pulled TOTS Dybala from a random sbc in the Mexican league sbc. B)
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Tribute wrote: »

i prefer to look at it scientifically...
    probability of getting blues in 2 consecutive silver upgrade packs vs probability of no blues in 4x 50ks
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Just pulled TOTS Dybala from a random sbc in the Mexican league sbc. B)

ok i guess EA didn't lower the pack weights of cards that has TOTS then
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Did MM, international competition, and futmas bundle sbc. I got one 83.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    I thought all special cards were in packs so that increases chances of great finds
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

really...
    so i guess not everyone is getting blues in every single pack then..
    i actually was until i reset my console earlier coz the menu was laggy... regret doing it now
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    I thought all special cards were in packs so that increases chances of great finds

that's what i thought... but the last 4x 50ks i opened felt like TOTS were not in packs anymore
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional

really...
    so i guess not everyone is getting blues in every single pack then..
    i actually was until i reset my console earlier coz the menu was laggy... regret doing it now

:joy:

Yeah you pissed off the luck fairies that live inside the console.
  • RebelRob
    5225 posts Big Money Move

probability of getting blues in 2 consecutive silver upgrade packs vs probability of no blues in 4x 50ks

That’s the thing, science gets somewhat muddled regarding ‘luck’.

You could pack 30 tots in a row from silver upgrades, and then none in 30 50k’s.

Just because you’ve opened 30 50k’s and not had one doesn’t mean you’ve an improved chance in the next one, and a greater chance each time you don’t get one. I can’t remember what it’s called but someone on here will know what it is, but basically if the chances are 100-1 to get a blue, you can open x number of pack without one, the odds are the same every pack regardless of how soon or not you get one.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11647 posts Has That Special Something
    Seemed fine to me less than 12 hours ago
  • Maradona
    4445 posts National Call-Up
    RebelRob wrote: »

You could pack 30 tots in a row from silver upgrades, and then none in 30 50k’s.

Just because you’ve opened 30 50k’s and not had one doesn’t mean you’ve an improved chance in the next one, and a greater chance each time you don’t get one. I can’t remember what it’s called but someone on here will know what it is, but basically if the chances are 100-1 to get a blue, you can open x number of pack without one, the odds are the same every pack regardless of how soon or not you get one.

it's like a coin-toss, you always have a 50/50 chance, but in 100 tries, the expected outcome is around 50 heads and 50 tails... so if you open enough packs, it IS expected that you pack something if the weight is decent..
  • RebelRob
    5225 posts Big Money Move
    Maradona wrote: »

it's like a coin-toss, you always have a 50/50 chance, but in 100 tries, the expected outcome is around 50 heads and 50 tails... so if you open enough packs, it IS expected that you pack something if the weight is decent..

Expectation is different to reality.

Yes you would EXPECT it to be the same, but the chance of getting 100 heads is the same as 50 of each.
  • Maradona

Yes you would EXPECT it to be the same, but the chance of getting 100 heads is the same as 50 of each.

no it's not... it's always converging to 50/50 in 100 tries. 100 heads is almost impossible, while 50/50 the expected
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional

no it's not... it's always converging to 50/50 in 100 tries. 100 heads is almost impossible, while 50/50 the expected

It's the same chance each time, previous flips don't change anything.
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    If pack luck has changed, how would anyone know?
  • Fab
    17848 posts World Class
    howling at the sample size
  • Maradona
    edited July 2018

I'll take any bet that in a 100 coin throw, at most 60 will be heads or tails... anything over a 60 in a 100 sample size is really abnormal
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional

I'll take any bet that in a 100 coin throw, at most 60 will be heads or tails... anything over a 60 in a 100 sample size is really abnormal

I'm not arguing against that, I'm saying the chance of heads or tails is always 50/50 regardless of previous flips. It's fixed odds.

The odds don't change say like they would if you had 50 red balls and 50 blue balls in a bag and take one out, the odds of the next pull is impacted by the results of the previous pull.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited July 2018
    ok packed another blue in a 100k... i'm cool now... won't reset my console until blues are out of packs :smile:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    I’ve not been as lucky today.

I’ve had blues constantly from packs this past week, and now today I did prime Ronaldinho and only got tots rabiot from the packs.

Savage.
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    ok packed another blue in a 100k... i'm cool now... won't reset my console until blues are out of packs :smile:

Fof will be in packs after that so maybe leave it on till the end of futties.