Crouch and Defoe - Thoughts?

Absting159
6697 posts Moderator
I've played 6 weekend league games and started Crouch in 4 of them and he's put away 3 really nice goals. (Due to his 42 jumping) Not one was a header. He's banged in a few really nice shots. He's actually pretty nimble and good on the ball. Good ole' Crouchy :).

Defoe, he's too similar to Aguero for me so he hasn't gotten to play yet. Anyone else try these guys?

Comments

• IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    Your asking this late into FIFA if people have tried these :D
  • kfcbucket21
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    IDARYL wrote: »

Yeah hes asking about cards literally released today... not surprised youd be ignorant though
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4205 posts National Call-Up
    42 jumping is a joke
  • Realist
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    42 jumping is a joke

Agree

I think it’s fair to think that most people on here would have given them a go for a few games for a laugh more than anything else

OP. Not tried crouch yet but Defoes not too bad for what was a free card for me to complete. Lethal in the box and rapid. What more do you need :lol:
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up

Very well thought out comment as usual
  • Campino
    26918 posts Player of the Year

Bell of the day goes (as expected) to a prime forum candidate
  • PelzyWelzy
    9328 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »

• chaser2k15
    13388 posts Has That Special Something
    He doesnt really need to jump when is so tall. :D
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Crouch has been really good.
    Scored a couple of nice goals including a header.

Defoe seems to finish everything and his pace is very effective.

Both seem very good cards so far.
    Only played a few games with them so far.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    Campino wrote: »

:joy:
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    Loving crouch atm only started playing again after a few months break
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    I love people who are just on the forum to troll and post knee **** reactions. I wish posts got scored and if your post was bad enough you get insta banned.

On crouch though, if he had any jumping I feel like he’d break the game. He’s seriously phenomenal. I mean he no Ronaldo but he is Crouch and a useable card. For me that’s enough. Haha.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20465 posts Club Captain
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I love people who are just on the forum to troll and post knee **** reactions. I wish posts got scored and if your post was bad enough you get insta banned.

On crouch though, if he had any jumping I feel like he’d break the game. He’s seriously phenomenal. I mean he no Ronaldo but he is Crouch and a useable card. For me that’s enough. Haha.

paul-good-power.gif
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator

paul-good-power.gif

Lol. I rule with an iron hammer. But not today.
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2018
    I'll definitely be getting them some time, I'll do the sbc tomorrow afternoon, they look like a fun strike pairing to build a team around.

Looking at it though, I might be inclined towards the scream Crouch, rather than the sbc, the extra pace would be quite noticeable.
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    I'll definitely be getting them some time, I'll do the sbc tomorrow afternoon, they look like a fun strike pairing to build a team around.

@Davey Sprockett Crouch is just much better than I expected. With his agility so low, his reactions so high it balances out to very useable. His finishing is top.

Still haven't tried Defoe much, lol.
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up

@Davey Sprockett Crouch is just much better than I expected. With his agility so low, his reactions so high it balances out to very useable. His finishing is top.

@cheers for the feedback, I really wanna give them a go now, might quickly pop the sbc now, I'm sure I've got all the requirements in my club, you don't need any special cards at all do you?

@Absting159
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018

@cheers for the feedback, I really wanna give them a go now, might quickly pop the sbc now, I'm sure I've got all the requirements in my club, you don't need any special cards at all do you?

@Absting159

@Davey Sprockett Honestly don't remember. But at the rate you pull cards right now, do them both and you'll break even no matter what. I pulled 3 blues in the packs from them. LOL. I know its a Mega for finishing - and I think you get smaller packs (i just know I packed 3 blues yesterday doing SBC's and I don't think I did other ones.)
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    I'm ashamed to say Crouch is a fantastic CAM
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2018
    Did them both. Gave Defoe a few games as a sub, he's fine, but there are like 100 cards like him today. Havent tried Crouch yet but I will. He's 'different' then the little pace FWs so could be more fun.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4205 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2018
    Im gonna try to get them done tonight and use them as a pair wl. Already on 11 win and silver 1 so not worried when i get worked.

Edit: first game with them and crouch scored 1 and defoe assisted 1. Won 3-1
    Post edited by Cheetah Thumbs on
  • Davisto
    6155 posts Big Money Move
    Just done crouch will use him as a super sub to become a long ball merchant :trollface:
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    Using Defoe as I've used Crouch in the Defoe SBC.
    Nothing special really, I like 88 Zaha better.
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    alex1987 wrote: »

Crouch > Defoe
  • Absting159
    6697 posts Moderator
    Tribute wrote: »

Crouch > Defoe
    100%

• LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class

Zaha got dumped in an SBC a long time ago. Only good thing about him was his chant after scoring.
  • alex1987
    5483 posts Big Money Move
    Will most likely get Jesus or Rashford if they win tonight.
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Got both last night and so far Defoe hasn't impressed me at all but Crouch is super fun to use. Playing em in this

b6q8yx6.jpg
  • EekAlaska
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crouch was fun for 10 games or so
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    Might get the Peter