upgrade R9, get Prime Maldini, or use the coins elsewhere?

BC_United
1001 posts Professional
currently running this 4231 narrow

IfbGVRK.jpg

this is pretty much the only way I can start all my high rated cards, however I find CR7 and Aguero a bit wasted at wide CAMs

bought Prime Maldini last WL for the 352 below, for the first 10 games I found my play a lot smoother but after WL ends and I play online seasons again (D4) I find my back line very vulnerable so I sold Maldini at break even price

m7NKPhy.jpg

I have around 1.5M left after selling Maldini, so my question is: for this WL, am I better of going with the 4231 narrow, sell R94 to do Prime R9 SBC, or do Prime Maldini SBC and go with 352?

my rationale is, this is probably the best time to do SBCs because of all special cards in packs?
but on the other hand, TOTS cards are so cheap now and I can buy fresh ones too so aren't they better value?

my options below:

1. sell R94 as well so I'll be at around 2.7M and do both R9 and Maldini SBCs so I can start either 4231 narrow or 352 (but I won't be able to reverse this if I don't like them)

2. Sell R94 and just do R9 SBC and use the remaining coins (around 1M) to buy players that would better help the team (any suggestions on which players?)

3. Keep R94 and do Maldini SBC to run 352 above and use remaining coins (around 700k) to buy players that help

4. Keep R94 and buy Maldini on the market but with no remaining coins to upgrade the rest of my team

Comments

• YOLOT0URE
    6973 posts Big Money Move
    I bet this week has had you crying into your pillow with all the coins you’ve lost
  • Hippyboy6
    16885 posts World Class
    I mean this in the nicest possible way, you're pretty much at the point where you have the best possible team available so I don't think the team is an issue.

You arguably have 9 of the best players in their positions.

R9 (a lot say 94 is better than prime)
    Gullit (best CM)
    Vieira (best CDM)
    TOTS CR7 (best ST)
    TOTS Messi (best CAM?)
    TOTS Aguero (top 5 ST)
    TOTS Ramos (top 3 CB)
    TOTS DDG (best GK)
    TOTS Walker (best RB)

the only positions you don't have the top player (although still really good) is CB & LB. Maldini & Telles gives you the best (although may lose chem) if you want to try different players then go for it, if you actually think you can improve that team I think you'll be struggling. I would guess 8 out of 10 teams you play are inferior to yours.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    I mean this in the nicest possible way, you're pretty much at the point where you have the best possible team available so I don't think the team is an issue.

You arguably have 9 of the best players in their positions.

R9 (a lot say 94 is better than prime)
    Gullit (best CM)
    Vieira (best CDM)
    TOTS CR7 (best ST)
    TOTS Messi (best CAM?)
    TOTS Aguero (top 5 ST)
    TOTS Ramos (top 3 CB)
    TOTS DDG (best GK)
    TOTS Walker (best RB)

the only positions you don't have the top player (although still really good) is CB & LB. Maldini & Telles gives you the best (although may lose chem) if you want to try different players then go for it, if you actually think you can improve that team I think you'll be struggling. I would guess 8 out of 10 teams you play are inferior to yours.

It’s more of a challenge to start them all at their best positions without losing Chem and without 1st minute in game change cuz like I said cr7 and aguero aren’t the best at wide cams in 4231 narrow.

Prime Maldini to replace Azpi I guess is a definite upgrade without losing Chem
  • Currieman
    4954 posts National Call-Up
    I'd upgrade R9 and get Maldini.

There really isn't much else you can do to upgrade that team. Oh and get TOTS Lozano for the bench.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Currieman wrote: »

There really isn't much else you can do to upgrade that team. Oh and get TOTS Lozano for the bench.

Ya was debating to wait out all other futties cards but doubt any would surpass these

Would you buy maldini or do his sbc at this point? SBC is 200k cheaper or more depending on pack luck but untradable
  • Hippyboy6
    16885 posts World Class
    BC_United wrote: »

Ya was debating to wait out all other futties cards but doubt any would surpass these

Would you buy maldini or do his sbc at this point? SBC is 200k cheaper or more depending on pack luck but untradable

IMO the SBC, pack weights are ridiculous at the moment, you are almost guaranteed to pack some special cards (see @WFCBagnall R9 for example) he is the best defender in the game & links with everyone so you'll never change him.
  • WFCBagnall
    70541 posts Moderator

IMO the SBC, pack weights are ridiculous at the moment, you are almost guaranteed to pack some special cards (see @WFCBagnall R9 for example) he is the best defender in the game & links with everyone so you'll never change him.

B)
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wow! Great teams. Are you top 100?
  • Idek
    10341 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2018
    definitely do Maldini SBC

I don't think 3 at the back is a good idea though
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Mate just enjoy what’s left of the game and stop worrying about having the perfect team
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

Agree. Got 3 special cards in my free ultimate pack, a tots and otw from 2 silver upgrades.

Unless a fresh maldini pops up below 700s I probably just do the sbc
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited July 2018
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

B)

Curious, what did you pack?

I’m planning to do R9 and maldini and haven’t submitter anything
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Wow! Great teams. Are you top 100?

I’m not but got matched with them quite often maybe due to my squad rating.

Just to let you know how bad I play. I still occasionally get beaten by nif teams. It’s like they can control these NIFs to perform better than blues and icons
  • WFCBagnall
    70541 posts Moderator

B)

Tots Chiesa, Tots Rabiot, Tots Jota, OTW Babacar, PTG Bertrand, Tots Vardy, Tots Michy, Tots Doucoure, Tots Leroy Sane, Tots Marriott, Tots Hernandez and Birthday Danilo and a couple more Tots.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    Idek wrote: »
    definitely do Maldini SBC

I don't think 3 at the back is a good idea though

Ya I used do only go 352 when I’m behind late in the game. It’s fun against lesser teams though.

Replacing azpi with maldini for my 4231 would lose symmetry B)
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

B)

Tots Chiesa, Tots Rabiot, Tots Jota, OTW Babacar, PTG Bertrand, Tots Vardy, Tots Michy, Tots Doucoure, Tots Leroy Sane, Tots Marriott, Tots Hernandez and Birthday Danilo and a couple more Tots.

Wow so how much did R9 cost you at the end? Close to free?
  • WFCBagnall
    70541 posts Moderator

B)

About 600k because I had to buy 3 icons and do Zanetti to submit.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

B)

Ya the only thing that holds me back from doing these are the icon prices. Especially icon cbs, they are rarely below 200k bin
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero

B)

Ya the only thing that holds me back from doing these are the icon prices. Especially icon cbs, they are rarely below 200k bin

But you have millions?
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11690 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2018
    Switch to 4222 with Ronaldo and cr7 strikers and replace azpi with maldini. Can't really comment on 94 vs 96 ron but from my experiences I would keep 94 for the workrates alone. Could use other coins to get TOTY Marcelo who most say > alba. Could also do Valencia > walker unless he's untradable
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional

B)

But you have millions?

Not anymore. Only 1.5 left
  • Currieman
    4954 posts National Call-Up
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    Switch to 4222 with Ronaldo and cr7 strikers and replace azpi with maldini. Can't really comment on 94 vs 96 ron but from my experiences I would keep 94 for the workrates alone. Could use other coins to get TOTY Marcelo who most say > alba. Could also do Valencia > walker unless he's untradable

I've not used the 94 but the 96 is the best striker I've used on 18. He has everything.
  • RebelRob
    5237 posts Big Money Move
    Do r9 sbc.

He’s the best player on the game, and atm you might be able to do him for crazy cheap AND could pack someone sick to help even more as pack weight seems pretty decent with everything currently in packs.

No brainer imo.

Then see where you are and do Maldini.
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

I've not used the 94 but the 96 is the best striker I've used on 18. He has everything.

My concern is his M/M WR as lone striker
  • BC_United
    1001 posts Professional
    edited July 2018
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Do r9 sbc.

He’s the best player on the game, and atm you might be able to do him for crazy cheap AND could pack someone sick to help even more as pack weight seems pretty decent with everything currently in packs.

No brainer imo.

Then see where you are and do Maldini.

Hmm I was thinking the other around. Do Maldini first then R9 depending on how much coins left.

I guess it’s down to which upgrade is more impactful:

Tots Azpi -> Prime Maldini
    R94 -> R96

Think I will end up doing both but will prioritise whichever is more impactful first
    Post edited by BC_United on
  • Diggy
    13638 posts Has That Special Something
    Just do R9 & see if you can do maldini afterwards
  • RebelRob
    5237 posts Big Money Move
    Maldini is by far the best defender by a long way, but the r9 upgrade isn’t AS huge, although a striker is a far more important/fun position to have better players.

Tbh, and I don’t mean this in a rude way, but Maldini won’t help you get better or more wins. R9 however, even if you’re not as good a player as your oppo, if you score quickly with him a lot of people quit so potentially you’ll get more wins where they’ve quit when they wouldn’t before.

I’ve never had so many rage quits as I had before with r9.