R94 VS R96

alanrudy
1557 posts Play-Off Hero
edited July 2018
It's the biggest purchase I'll make soon and have a few questions. The search feature isn't working either (at least for me).
1. That big of a difference between them? I kind of like the lower price and cooler hair of the 94 lol, even if it's only a little lower than his Icon SBC.
2. If I very strongly disliked all Icardi's cards with his m/l wr, does this hint at doom for a card that I want to love?
3. What's a bigger factor...tries to beat defensive line for the 96 OR is the low defensive work rate of the 94 actually a positioning advantage over the 96?

Comments

• Diggy
    16221 posts World Class
    I have R96 but R94 for the hair oh & workrates
  • Professor
    4357 posts National Call-Up
    I had the 94 for a while and I never had trouble with him making runs. His finishing is superb. Only con I would say is his stamina. By 70th min he is slowing down but shouldn't be a problem
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cheers @Diggy and @Professor ! Really appreciate it. Any added input @krappen07 @LovelyVillain ? You guys have/had the 96 and always seem to provide good insight.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    So I merely tried the 94 briefly after hearing a couple people liked him better, and I stayed with the 96. The 96 has everything that the 94 does and more. The 96 is plenty strong, I’ve never thought “man I wish he had more strength,” and I don’t even use a strength boost on him. I use R96 with Engine chem, which I feel is 100% a MUST. R96 does NOT feel like 95+ Pace without a Pace Boost, he feels more like 90 Pace or less without one. With a Pace Boost, he feels like 96/97 Pace, which is plenty for him.

Now, the most interesting part: for some reason, R96 makes different runs with Engine chem. With Hunter, Marksman, Maestro, Catalyst, and a few others, he will make a few lazy runs and the occasional brilliant run. With Engine chem, however, I find R96 makes many more runs and gets into much better spaces. My theory is that the Balance Boost from Engine helps him position himself better in tight spaces and lets him run by defenders easier without getting caught up. Engine has the benefit of boosting his passing also, which will make him the ideal partner in a 2 ST formation. He’s brilliant because he can be the Pacey ST or he can be the ST that plays with his back to goal—he is incredibly versatile. He’s decent in the air, but that’s the one thing the 94 is marginally better at—if the 94 wins 5 of 10 headers, the 96 would win 3 or 4.

For me, Prime R96 has what I felt CR7 cards lacked this year, and that is the agility + balance combo I love, especially for my style of play which is much more possession-based than 99% of people I come against. Prime R96 is amazing all-around and is hands down the best ST in the game, regardless of ratings.
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    I don't think I have much more to add tbh, @LovelyVillain put it so well.

Prime cards are usually better than any other versions, hence the use of "Prime". I'd go with the Prime.

Only thing I'll add is he's still one of the best finishers in the game. Just shoot when he has the ball. Finesses from outside the box with either foot, goal. The 96 slightly better with L stick dribbling, weaving, twisting and turning in tight spots in and around the box. I thought the 4 less strength would be an issue, but he's actually pretty strong, so it's not a problem
  • CfcBlue
    4157 posts National Call-Up
    Putting engine on him now lol. Had hawk
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    @LovelyVillain @krappen07 Thanks so much fellas! Very detailed, a lot of similarities to EXACTLY what I'm looking for because I usually am more possession based as well and I do a lot of L stick weaving while deciding whether to pass or make a move towards goal so that was great to read!! Man..the hair on the 94 tho, lol! The other advantage of the 94 though is I'd likely do the icon sbc with the 96 and while it gives the benefit of packs, not being able to free up coins in the crazy chance he doesn't work or if I really wanted to try someone else for a bit or if I stumble upon a crazy good investment is a little drawback, but at the same time it's so near end game that I don't think it matters that much for such a great legend!
  • Diggy
    16221 posts World Class
    I use Engine on my 96 to its the way
  • HilltopFC
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2018
    I had the 94 version (500 games) and the 96 (500 games).

Clear difference. 94 breaks the defensive line on his own, the 96 version needs constant triggering. If you’ve used both you notice the difference. Single biggest regret on Fifa 18 was getting the 96 untradable when the 94 version was better for my style. It’s no surprise to me that the goals and assists per game is higher on the 94 version.

To summarise - if you like a target man style then the 96, but if you like your striker to constantly break the defensive line then the 94. The 94 feels much quicker.
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2018
    HilltopFC wrote: »

Clear difference. 94 breaks the defensive line on his own, the 96 version needs constant triggering. If you’ve used both you notice the difference. Single biggest regret on Fifa 18 was getting the 96 untradable when the 94 version was better. It’s no surprise to me that the goals and assists per game is higher on the 94 version.

To summarise - if you like a target man style then the 96, but if you like your striker to constantly break the defensive line then the 94. The 94 feels much quicker.

Eager to try the 94 but 200k short atm
    Need some pack luck for fof next week
  • HilltopFC
    letsfifa10 wrote: »

Clear difference. 94 breaks the defensive line on his own, the 96 version needs constant triggering. If you’ve used both you notice the difference. Single biggest regret on Fifa 18 was getting the 96 untradable when the 94 version was better. It’s no surprise to me that the goals and assists per game is higher on the 94 version.

Eager to try the 94 but 200k short atm
    Need some pack luck for fof next week

You won’t regret it mate. Causes havoc with his runs. Can’t stop him.
  • Lackosweat
    11672 posts Has That Special Something
    He’s not one of the best finisher in the game.
    He is THE best finisher in the game.
    That 5* wf sets him apart from any other players including TOTY Ronnie, TOTS Neymar and so on.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up

Clear difference. 94 breaks the defensive line on his own, the 96 version needs constant triggering. If you’ve used both you notice the difference. Single biggest regret on Fifa 18 was getting the 96 untradable when the 94 version was better for my style. It’s no surprise to me that the goals and assists per game is higher on the 94 version.

I couldn’t disagree more. R94 is a better target man while Prime R9 is a better all around ST. The thing about triggering runs is something I noticed as well on the 96 before I used Engine. With Engine chem, he gets in behind beautifully. Hi strong point is definitely tearing teams apart in the final third. If you counter attack a lot, then you don’t need the Prime version as even the Baby version will get the job done for countering. If you like to try and keep possession and break teams down when they park the bus, then the 96 will give you so many more options than the 94. Just earlier I scored a sick goal where I ball rolled, used the R stick to cut direction to the right against a defender, and chipped the keeper to the far post from about 8 yards out. It was so cool seeing DDG helpless as the ball floated right under the crossbar when I was only a few feet from the goal. The Prime version has probably the best chip shots in the game, by the way. If you work on it enough, you can chip the keeper to the far post pretty frequently. It requires a lot more skill than finesse shots obviously, but you will score from absurd angles that not even low driven shots could go in from.

Oh and for some reason, heel chops with Prime R9 are way more effective than with anyone else. CPU and manual defenders alike go flying like 3 feet in the opposite direction most of the time you do it.

Finally, the most OP finishing technique with Prime Fenomeno is when you receive the ball in goal while shielding, and do a turning shot to the near post by holding the finesse button and tapping shoot. Literally anywhere inside the box with even a tiny angle on either foot is a goal. As far as finesse shots go, only TOTS Messi and Prime Gullit have a better finesse shot, with Prime Gullit being the king—the difference in finesse shots between the Prime and 90 feels huge despite the closesness in stats.
  • HilltopFC

I couldn’t disagree more. R94 is a better target man while Prime R9 is a better all around ST. The thing about triggering runs is something I noticed as well on the 96 before I used Engine. With Engine chem, he gets in behind beautifully. Hi strong point is definitely tearing teams apart in the final third. If you counter attack a lot, then you don’t need the Prime version as even the Baby version will get the job done for countering. If you like to try and keep possession and break teams down when they park the bus, then the 96 will give you so many more options than the 94. Just earlier I scored a sick goal where I ball rolled, used the R stick to cut direction to the right against a defender, and chipped the keeper to the far post from about 8 yards out. It was so cool seeing DDG helpless as the ball floated right under the crossbar when I was only a few feet from the goal. The Prime version has probably the best chip shots in the game, by the way. If you work on it enough, you can chip the keeper to the far post pretty frequently. It requires a lot more skill than finesse shots obviously, but you will score from absurd angles that not even low driven shots could go in from.

Oh and for some reason, heel chops with Prime R9 are way more effective than with anyone else. CPU and manual defenders alike go flying like 3 feet in the opposite direction most of the time you do it.

Finally, the most OP finishing technique with Prime Fenomeno is when you receive the ball in goal while shielding, and do a turning shot to the near post by holding the finesse button and tapping shoot. Literally anywhere inside the box with even a tiny angle on either foot is a goal. As far as finesse shots go, only TOTS Messi and Prime Gullit have a better finesse shot, with Prime Gullit being the king—the difference in finesse shots between the Prime and 90 feels huge despite the closesness in stats.

Genuinely I’m not fussed either way regarding who’s better, I’ve tried all chems and the 96 does not make the runs the 94 version does. 94 suited my fast style more than the 96, but the 96 could be better suited to others. It’s all relative