4222 midfield?

SRB83
564 posts An Exciting Prospect
Would TOTS Allan and EOAE De Rossi at CDM and TOTS Pjanic, TOTS SMS at CAM be good for the formation??

Comments

• Kyranst
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Depends on how you use the formation. I have Gullit and TOTS Mertens as my CAM’s and EoaE De Rossi and TOTS Casemiro and they all work a charm together.

Having one really pacey CAM helps especially if you make them overlap all the time.

With Gullit as my other wide CAM it helps so much especially from deep free kicks and goal kicks because typically LB’s are small so Gullit always wins the header and then my forwards are through.

SMS could play that role Gullit does for me but I’m not too sure on Pjanic tbh he’s a bit too slow.

Like I said though all depends on how you play and use your CAM’s.
  • SRB83
    Kyranst wrote: »
    Depends on how you use the formation. I have Gullit and TOTS Mertens as my CAM’s and EoaE De Rossi and TOTS Casemiro and they all work a charm together.

Having one really pacey CAM helps especially if you make them overlap all the time.

With Gullit as my other wide CAM it helps so much especially from deep free kicks and goal kicks because typically LB’s are small so Gullit always wins the header and then my forwards are through.

SMS could play that role Gullit does for me but I’m not too sure on Pjanic tbh he’s a bit too slow.

I have tots Gomez too. I'll try him and pjanic see who works out best
  • HilltopFC
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You need more speed at CAM imo
  • SRB83
    HilltopFC wrote: »
    You need more speed at CAM imo

So Gomez?
  • Kyranst
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SRB83 wrote: »
    Kyranst wrote: »

I have tots Gomez too. I'll try him and pjanic see who works out best

Yeah Gómez would be very good there tbh I was looking at him myself but settled on Mertens.