98 Salah users

gutman22
681 posts An Exciting Prospect
I've got Salah TOTs but I'm kinda disapointed with him. After 100 games I don't fell he is compatible to those numbers. I mean he is great as ST and as CAM but he misses a lot of sitters due to his 2 star foot. How is he performing in your squad? I whould rate him 6/10 after 100 games.

Comments

• forearms
    4721 posts National Call-Up
    I have a similar issue with my OTW version. As stupid as it sounds, I started playing him at RB. He has been crazy good there, lol. I will swap him into midfield sometimes after half, but he really does a good job defensively at RB. I guess that's FIFA in a nutshell :wink:
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He was amazing for me. Just try and shot on his strong foot. Obvious I know but I was sad to sell him but will def buy him back post crash
  • gutman22
    True. I used him as CM many times. With that pace he is a beast there. His defensive numbers are quiet good for a winger.
  • Griezmanifique
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    I play him as rcam in 4222 or 4231, i really like him. The weakfoot is bad, but you have to find a way to use that. I have him untradble, if i could get the coins, i would but the best possible neymar card, 5 star weakfoot is a deadly weapon.
  • mjweatherup
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just don’t use the weakfoot??? I wasn’t impressed initially, but his pace and strength is brutal. I usually bring him on at HT for tots Dybala. He is much better than Dybala but I play 4231 with 3 CAMs
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2018
    I got him free, he’s terrible whenever I start him but he’s a fantastic sub after 60mins
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Diggy wrote: »
    I got him free, he’s terrible whenever I start him but he’s a fantastic sub after 60mins

Agreed.
  • gutman22
    Just don’t use the weakfoot??? I wasn’t impressed initially, but his pace and strength is brutal. I usually bring him on at HT for tots Dybala. He is much better than Dybala but I play 4231 with 3 CAMs

If I play 4222 I use him as LST. If I play 4231 I put him as left CAM. Dybala is miles better then him IMO.
  • NeedleVor
    91 posts Park Captain
    edited July 2018
    I've never really had an issue with the weak foot at all. His right foot low driven finesse shots always seem to go in.

I think his high ratings for finishing and composure go some way to negating the weak foot factor.
  • kraid
    2010 posts Fans' Favourite
    play 41212(2) and use him at lcm with gullit at rcm. hes a great attack minded cm. when you look at other players that are often put at cm like tots de bruyne or firmino he has higher defense and better physicals. have him untradeable otherwise id probably use someone else there tbh but he does a job.

have untradeable tots son and fof sanchez upfront so no space for him there
  • mjweatherup
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    gutman22 wrote: »

If I play 4222 I use him as LST. If I play 4231 I put him as left CAM. Dybala is miles better then him IMO.

How so? I just find Dybala a bit weak but willing to adjust

• gutman22

How so? I just find Dybala a bit weak but willing to adjust

I always use Dybala as central CAM with always stay in attack and get inside the box for crosses. His finesse shot is the best I tryed so far. Salah's finesse is also great.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    He is great for me at rf in 4321. Finesse shots to the top left corner are crazy. His agility is amazing too. He can wriggle out of tight spaces to get that space for the finesse.
  • forearms
    4721 posts National Call-Up
    I must be the only one stupid enough to have tried him at RB. Play him next to SBC Lindelof. You would think they are terrible as there are so many better defensive cards, but they are better than TOTS Pique and TOTS Roberto when I change the squad up. It's just dumb.
  • Macca77
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    My 93 card is amazing so I can only imagine that tots card must be unreal. Use him right shoot with left foot. Mine score with his weak foot but has to be inside the box. He’s scored the odd wonder goal with his right but only 1 or 2 haha
  • regia5bg
    765 posts Semi-Pro
    I've got Salah TOTs but I'm kinda disapointed with him. After 100 games I don't fell he is compatible to those numbers. I mean he is great as ST and as CAM but he misses a lot of sitters due to his 2 star foot. How is he performing in your squad? I whould rate him 6/10 after 100 games.

I had him as POTM (89 I think, the first version as ST). He was wonderful.
    But my team was far weaker, he was by far the best star.

Now that my team is quite good, with icons and tots, I need to move him from RM to ST, and I enjoy him (in partnership with Kane TOTY, who's a beast), but for a 98 I would expect more.

Weak foot is an issue, height is another one (he scored some header, but generally he's not useful to regain possession also because tall players boss him).

As a winger I never liked him, but that's because I don't like small wingers, I like more a little bit less speed but a better physique. Son TOTS is better in that position, for example.

I'm looking forward to complete R9 SBC, and I'll move Salah as RM. After some match I'll choose if keep him or not, to be honest.

He'd be for sure a SUPER SUPER sub, obviously.
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah he’s very disappointing because of 2star weak foot , he’s missed many sitters like 5 yarders on is weak foot . I actually play tots vardy and leave salah for super sub
  • shamheff1989
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    He's good. Still think Mane is the best of the three TOTS Liverpool forwards though.