How is this possible? How bad I am playing FIFA?

GA85
23 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited July 23
I think this weekend was my last try to play FIFA at PC. I have no more patience. This game is so bad.

I'm not the best player of the world but anyway I'm Div1 player and I'm pretty sure I know how to shoot the ball, how to pass the ball, how to defend and how to dribble.

My simple question is: Why ALL WEEKENDS in WL, I win 7 games in my first 10 games and then, in the last 10 games, I lose 7 in 10? It's not this weekend.. IT'S ALWAYS!

How is this possible? That means I know how to play FIFA on Friday night but I don't know how to do it on Sunday? How can I win 70% of the games and then I lose 70%? Why I begin to massive lose my games after 10/11 victories?!?

This happens with someone else?!?!?!?
It's just shocking remember what happens in the last WL games... super GK's... 1000x balls blocked... all my team sleeping and not reacting... defenders moving and running to nowhere... defenders creating automatic penalties... de gea looking like a potato... my opponents playing with 7 defenders (defenders + midfielders), all with perfection position, and my defenders giving all the spaces they can (yes, I have "stay in back" to my RB LB and CDM and I play with 33 pressure); my opponent defenders glued to my attackers, giving zero time and space. It's just CRAZY.

Comments

• maksi
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    It's matchmaking, take a look at projection, you will be matched to players that match that projection.

For example, you start 8-0, you will be matched to Top 40 and Elite 1 players.
  • maksi
    That's why it doesn't matter how good or bad you start, you will usually get the same rank.
  • GA85
    edited July 23
    Are you sure it's just about matchmaking? Better... Are u sure matchmaking works in that way? I'm asking because I think nobody knows exactly how matchmaking works.
    You are saying if I have 8 wins / 0 loses I play with Elite 1 players, but I already read somewhere if you are in Gold 1 you play against Gold 1 players... That's kind different.

Anyway, matchmaking doesn't explain this gap between good and bad games. When I get 11 victories I really feel my team not playing like before, and then my last 10 games are just a piece of ....
    I understand I'm playing against better players, but that can't explain the way my team is so passive in the field. Honestly, I began to think I'm just playing with players with fewer victories than me and they have some kind of advantage attacking, defending, GK, pass, etc. It's like we all have a possibility to achieve Gold stage.
    It's so sad, after I finish WL, after around 10 frustrating games, I go to play some World Cup games and my team already begin to run like horses and the gameplay becomes to normal... Unbelievable.
  • rajudas
    I think EA just do that to balance out the wins for other players, after losing many games in a row it gives them advantage to win some only to make them keep playing and not leave frustrated.
  • maksi
    edited July 24
    The way fifa works if players have high rated meta players, your players will play worse not his better. It's the same for goalkeepers, high rated goalkeeper means attackers will shoot worse not goalkeeper making better saves.

It's just lazy coding and that's why is so unenjoyable to play unless you have high rated players, your players simply play worse your input doesn't matter much. That's why there is no consistency when you play fifa.

It's the same with single player difficulty, the higher you play the less responsive and accurate your players are.
  • MR_AMAZiNG
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    maksi wrote: »
    The way fifa works if players have high rated meta players, your players will play worse not his better. It's the same for goalkeepers, high rated goalkeeper means attackers will shoot worse not goalkeeper making better saves.

It's just lazy coding and that's why is so unenjoyable to play unless you have high rated players, your players simply play worse your input doesn't matter much. That's why there is no consistency when you play fifa.

It's the same with single player difficulty, the higher you play the less responsive and accurate your players are.
    If that’s the case then why are so fixated on using Begovic as GK when he’s low rated. Same thing with Butland last fifa lool, completely disproves your point. Maybe OP just isn’t as good at fifa then he thought he was. I’m a consistent Div 1 player but then when I got into FUT champs I was hit with a big reality check. Either a gold 1/elite 3 finish but that just means I’m a gold 1/elite 3 player. I could try find excuses all day blaming EA or just accept that’s ehere my skill level lies.

• Alexsbundey
    73 posts Park Captain
    It’s a very rigged mode.... ultimate team my axse. I wonder how can pros manage to get 40-0 without exploiting the game mechanics.
    The mode should be named Exploit your way to the top!!!
  • maksi
    MR_AMAZiNG wrote: »
    If that’s the case then why are so fixated on using Begovic as GK when he’s low rated. Same thing with Butland last fifa lool, completely disproves your point.
    Begovič is 199 cm, Butland 196 cm

• Because you match better players when you win more games and when you lose take a rest
  • salvadordali1
    79 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i started this WL 8/9, then next two games my screen swithced focus in exsacly same time of the match and game was recorded as a loss. There were none of background programms running and antivirus is set to gaming/silent mode. Ofc i was wining and got frustrated so i lost third game 6:3 agains a player who played the best defense ive ever seen if you know what i mean. He even managed to block my other players with his defenders who werent even marked as active players to prevent any of my trugh ball. And one thing that amazed me was his 4 players who were used to make a wall for my FK, they all were floating and all 4 were doing the same animation when blocking the shoot. (wanted to post video of that FK but ofc that replay werent available) :)

• GA85
    edited July 29
    Because you match better players when you win more games and when you lose take a rest

And you think that explains the gap between 7 wins in 10 games and 7 loses in 10 games? I don't think so...
    The problem isn't I lose (sure that is frustrating), the problem is seeing my team making unbelievable bullshits when I have a good ration between wins and loses...
  • GA85
    i started this WL 8/9, then next two games my screen swithced focus in exsacly same time of the match and game was recorded as a loss. There were none of background programms running and antivirus is set to gaming/silent mode. Ofc i was wining and got frustrated so i lost third game 6:3 agains a player who played the best defense ive ever seen if you know what i mean. He even managed to block my other players with his defenders who werent even marked as active players to prevent any of my trugh ball. And one thing that amazed me was his 4 players who were used to make a wall for my FK, they all were floating and all 4 were doing the same animation when blocking the shoot. (wanted to post video of that FK but ofc that replay werent available) :)

Or FIFA tricked you or your opponent was playing with legacy defending.
  • salvadordali1
    GA85 wrote: »
    Because you match better players when you win more games and when you lose take a rest

And you think that explains the gap between 7 wins in 10 games and 7 loses in 10 games? I don't think so...
    The problem isn't I lose (sure that is frustrating), the problem is seeing my team making unbelievable bullshits when I have a good ration between wins and loses...

Yeah i noticed that too. And for the next WL im playing till i lose and then come back after some time and do all over again. I was convinced that this is just overeacting of too much games in a row or simple frustration, but when i summed all up it was some jiggery pokery going on or i have exstreamly bad luck.
  • maksi
    There are so many factors in the game that affects RNG, like player stats, custom tactics, player instructions, team mentality, team formation and connection quality.

It's almost impossible to figure it out why some games your players don't act like you expect because you don't know how this game is coded.
  • VagisilFC
    1183 posts Professional
    This game and its producer are just incredibly corrupt. Until more countries get around to designating it a gambling product, the consumer manipulation will never change.
  • salvadordali1
    and now in online season, my TOTS Kane, TOTS Suarez and TOTS Ericksen just cant shoot that damn ball inside the goal. or shoot is way off or its somewhere in the middle of the goal. And not to mention that TOTS Naldo and TOTS Koulibaly cant head the ball off my penalty area.
  • GA85
    and now in online season, my TOTS Kane, TOTS Suarez and TOTS Ericksen just cant shoot that damn ball inside the goal. or shoot is way off or its somewhere in the middle of the goal. And not to mention that TOTS Naldo and TOTS Koulibaly cant head the ball off my penalty area.

This game is a joke... Last game I played my opponent caught Wender TOTS running with gold Koscienly... I quit right after that. Unplayable.

• salvadordali1

This game is a joke... Last game I played my opponent caught Wender TOTS running with gold Koscienly... I quit right after that. Unplayable.

yeah i know, i cant get any ez win till this WL, might be frustration but anyway.
  • maksi
    running with the ball is slower than without it

• GA85
    running with the ball is slower than without it

I know that very well but we are talking about a player with 98 pace vs. 75.
  • maksi
    If he has shadow chem style his pace is around 88.
  • VagisilFC
    1183 posts Professional
    If he has shadow chem style his pace is around 88.

That is still not faster. Can sit here all day and listen to "many factors" but we all know that it doesn't account for all slower players catching faster players.