Mesut Özil retires from international football due to “racism and disrespect”

Comments

• maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2018
    Several German politicians slammed the pair, especially as Gündogan shirt had 'With respect to my president' written on it, which was immediately pounced upon by Germany's political right.
    he's isn't slammed for no reason

he wasn't slammed as much for photos but that message was over the top

• Neckabob
    13318 posts Has That Special Something
    maksi wrote: »
    Several German politicians slammed the pair, especially as Gündogan shirt had 'With respect to my president' written on it, which was immediately pounced upon by Germany's political right.
    he's isn't slammed for no reason

he wasn't slammed as much for photos but that message was over the top

You know (probably not) that in Turkish you only can say it that way to be respectful and if you translate it "my president" sounds "worse". But hey talk as if you know.
  • Neckabob
    13318 posts Has That Special Something
    Mart wrote: »
    Voting for Erdogan automatically makes you a foreigner in my eyes. Shows you are completely incompatible with our values.

Yeah ok. We arent seen as Germans anyway if we vote for him or not, so whats the point
  • Blackstarz
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ok maybe this thread should be locked
  • Mart
    8153 posts League Winner
    Neckabob wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Voting for Erdogan automatically makes you a foreigner in my eyes. Shows you are completely incompatible with our values.

Yeah ok. We arent seen as Germans anyway if we vote for him or not, so whats the point

I don't know the German situation so I can't comment on that. Do know enough to say that people who willingly vote for Erdogan aren't integrated in Western society.
  • ha032742
    37953 posts Moderator
    The thread has (as expected given the topic) gone onto political issues and the EA forums aren’t the best place to discuss these so I’m locking it.
This discussion has been closed.