Anyone else going RTG for 19?

Shane
23793 posts Club Captain
Have no interest in spending money on packs any longer.

Any tips when starting out? Would need a somewhat competitive squad for WL so I don't get smashed. Coin boosts + Squad battles to begin with I suppose?

Comments

• SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah
  • Pauldejong6
    4942 posts National Call-Up
    Havent spent anything, its easy enough though to get a good team.
  • JohnDoe
    10179 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ve been running an RTG account since I started playing FIFA.
  • Shane
    23793 posts Club Captain

@Pauldejong6 what did you do at the start of FUT to accumulate coins? Did you trade or just play games?
  • Orison
    42718 posts International Superstar
    Nah, will load up some points.

If you get Elite in the first WL those few points on draft paid off already.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    no i will spend hundreds of dollars
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    16748 posts World Class
    Didn’t spend anything this year so probably won’t for next years either. Especially if they don’t add anything interesting
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

Ronaldo pisses on him
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    Agent VZ wrote: »

Ronaldo on him

idk what you're talking about
  • kfcbucket21
    5036 posts Big Money Move
    Just doing SB with coin boosts
  • Shaanxz
    19189 posts World Class
    edited July 2018
    I’ve never spent a penny on fut. makes the game more fun and keeps longevity for longer
  • lf2009
    2105 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nope, will follow same pattern ive done for last 9 years

36k at start, buy average team, keep some to invest and try players, get bored of trading, buy players, get annoyed the players are crap, sell em, waste coins on packs, week later buy more fp to get coins, try players, hate them, sell them and buy packs (this carries on for 8 months whilst averaging g3 in WL when i have the time)
  • Pauldejong6
    4942 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2018
    Shane wrote: »

@Pauldejong6 what did you do at the start of FUT to accumulate coins? Did you trade or just play games?

At the start I was so tired of WL in fifa 17, I didnt play champs for the first two months of fifa 18. After that I played WL but only to 11-18 wins. Only the last 2-3 months Im playing balls out on WL, but I had a 'god squad' around xmas already aswell. I enjoyed squad battles a lot in the beginning. Also I made a lot of coins by buying gold from the Super Lig for 350-400, and sell for 600-900, as the Super Lig was the first League SBC to drop.
    Post edited by Pauldejong6 on
  • Knowlesdinho
    9165 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »

We all know what you do on draft :wink:
  • EekAlaska
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    Not planning to buy but it depends on how hard it is to find FUT 18 matches
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeap
  • Orison

Win? Damn right that's what I do ;)

Even when the no loss glitch wasn't around at the start of the year I went 30-1 or so in my EA access drafts.

Even with the most average/horrible packluck on planet earth you can stretch out 12k fp to ~1.5Mil coins if you do draft instead of wasting it on packs.
  • Knowlesdinho
    9165 posts League Winner

Win? Damn right that's what I do ;)

Even when the no loss glitch wasn't around at the start of the year I went 30-1 or so in my EA access drafts.

Even with the most average/horrible packluck on planet earth you can stretch out 12k fp to ~1.5Mil coins if you do draft instead of wasting it on packs.

:joy:

Yeah Draft is more lucrative than packs for sure.
  • matriquetra
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    I’ve been running an RTG account since I started playing FIFA.

Was just thinking this myself :lol: £40 on the game is bad enough :blush:
  • Skorpio71
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Will spend at beginning nothing else will rely on sbc sb to build and
  • SimenHP
    1352 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm thinking about not spending anything this year and see if I can still get good teams. I usually spend 12k fifa points on draft the first month, but I always hate that mode, the gameplay always feels bad and everyone playing it tries to win even more than WL, so it's not fun at all. And I usually spend around 12k more through the year on draft when I'm bored with my normal team and I keep raging at that mode every time so not sure why I'm dumb enough to keep using money on draft.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    3976 posts National Call-Up
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    I’ve never spent a penny on fut. makes the game more fun and keeps longevity for longer

• therandomjack
    1262 posts Professional
    Didn't know was called RTG - But I've done it since I started playing in 2012 and I always end up with a reasonable team. I'd rather go to the dentist than spend anything on any sort of EA type stuff
  • Shane
    23793 posts Club Captain
    Didn't know was called RTG - But I've done it since I started playing in 2012 and I always end up with a reasonable team. I'd rather go to the dentist than spend anything on any sort of EA type stuff

What if you don't need to go the dentist frequently?
  • Orison
    I never spent a penny before WL was a thing :'(

Good old times buying Fifa from the Russian or Mexican origin store for like 30€ and that was it :joy:
  • DrMac95
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What even is RTG? just not paying for fifa points? cause ive never spent a penny on points and I tend to just use the coin boosts to start with and then start trading once ive got an average team to keep me going.
  • Bob_Dylan
    18458 posts World Class
    Not a bad idea
  • ha032742
    33896 posts Moderator
    Thought about doing a RTG but will probably do what @Orison is planning and then trade to CR7 before building around him.
  • Legegg
    1010 posts Professional
    I'm doing a cul-de-sac to nowhere because I'm not buying any fifa again.
  • Diggy
    12526 posts Has That Special Something
    Legegg wrote: »
    I'm doing a cul-de-sac to nowhere because I'm not buying any fifa again.

Dead end of Defiance