Trying to get re-interested. . .

Absting159
6670 posts Moderator
I'm starting to get thoroughly annoyed playing with an all blue (TOTS/Icon) team and the likes of gold no-ones still out playing them. . .

So, I'm going to go 75% MLS and litter a few Icons in. Up front it'll be all IF's - I'm not getting the TOTS Gio or Pink Americans. . .sticking to the lower overall IF's.

Trying to sell my Eriksen right now - once he goes I'm just gonna try something different.

Any random MLS people that are worth getting?

Comments

• MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    start with David Villa FOF.. nastyyy card
  • Orison
    47641 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Hope you don't end up rage discarding that entire team. It's going to be bad.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    Orison wrote: »
    Hope you don't end up rage discarding that entire team. It's going to be bad.

That's the point. I'm sick of using Icons and TOTS and OP cards. I want the worse team.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    @MisterJV That would be the PInk Cards I'm avoiding - for now. I just wanna do some IF or Golds that stand out. Obv Alessandrini but I'm not using wingers.

Trying Almiron, Martinez, The Colombian ST IF, Vela for now.
  • JohnDoe
    11250 posts Has That Special Something
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @MisterJV That would be the PInk Cards I'm avoiding - for now. I just wanna do some IF or Golds that stand out. Obv Alessandrini but I'm not using wingers.

Aless has a central card now.
  • Orison
    47641 posts FIFA Cover Star

86 Alessandrini is a striker tho.

Don't wanna be rude or anything, but imo you will be back to better players right after someone with a "meta" team runs riot against you.
  • JohnDoe
    edited July 2018
    Orison wrote: »

86 Alessandrini is a striker tho.

Don't wanna be rude or anything, but imo you will be back to better players right after someone with a "meta" team runs riot against you.

Agreed. This isn’t the iteration of FIFA to mess about if you actually want to get results. Using good players is noticeably better than using average or subpar ones.
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    84 Martinez has been amazing for me. Really, really good card. But that was like 4 months back? I dont even remember, I have no clue how he will hold up today. But he's definitely a card to try out.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    @Orison I lost more than half my games no matter my team. I've used Icons and TOTS for about 90% of my games and in the last month I haven't played more than 5 games.

I WANT to use players I haven't touched all year. What I do not want is to play with the same cards I've used in my 2000 games.

@JohnDoe @MisterJV His central card is over 100k, lol. First game with these 4 attacking I won 3-1. I'm in Div 4 so semi decent opponent. And with this point, I could care less if I win or lose. I want to surprise some people with the not OP meta cards and beat them on occasion.

Right now, until Eriksen sells, I had to run with my Icons central and in defense. Once I sell Eriksen I'll go with more MLS people.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    I got elite with Villa & I am an average player.. he is so nasty
  • JohnDoe
    MisterJV wrote: »
    I got elite with Villa & I am an average player.. he is so nasty

Just saying, you’re definitely not just average if you’re getting elite.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    This is it so far. I want Vela on the right so I can finesse from outside the box - but for now. . .again, until Eriksen sells. . .I just wanted to try these guys out. Qintero is pretty quick, lol.

HWOFm62.jpg
  • JohnDoe
    Huh, creative. Neat.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    Vela is the stand out, lol. He just BLASTED a volley form outside the box off a cross from Almiron.
  • Pauldejong6
    Dont you need to do the PIrlo SBC? MLS and legend.
  • JohnDoe

He definitely would not fit that squad/formation, though. It's fine as it is, although, imo, OP does need a better RB and LST.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator

I debated it - but the Stamina kills me. I had him earlier and used him in the Gullit SBC, lol.

If I get him, I think I'll pair him with Bradley - maybe I'll used one or two pink card, what are those. .are they the FOF cards?
  • Pauldejong6
    edited July 2018

I debated it - but the Stamina kills me. I had him earlier and used him in the Gullit SBC, lol.

If I get him, I think I'll pair him with Bradley - maybe I'll used one or two pink card, what are those. .are they the FOF cards?

Yeah same for me. Used him, burned him, but done the SBC again as its cheap anyway. And it's Pirlo, one of my fav players ever. Im also thinking to make some kind of legends team, with Buffon/Pirlo/Iniesta in or however I can fix that.
    I packed IF Piatti, 85 rated. He is a LW, I know you don't play wingers, but with Allessandrini/Vela/Piatti I would seriously consider it. Piatti has 5* skills, great stats, great traits. As you said you wanted Vela to come inside and curl it, Piatti can do that from the other side but probably maybe even better. He's a card I will actually try myself.
    https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa18/player/ignacio-piatti/42317
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Should get ibra and Villa or something who are fun and good. Those mls guys don't even look fun lol
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    @uhMaZiiNq So far, they are pretty fun. I do like the idea of getting one of the bigger guys like an Ibra instead of Martinez (Qintero is the one performing better).

2nd game, won 5-2 against a mostly Icon and EoE squad.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    I'm down to 4 tots cards in my club. I had 11 or 12. Only have them in defense now.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    I'm down to 4 tots cards in my club. I had 11 or 12. Only have them in defense now.

SBC's or you went liquid coins? @Cheetah Thumbs
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4183 posts National Call-Up

SBC's or you went liquid coins? @Cheetah Thumbs

All went into sbc's. Everyone was untradeable. Only ones I've kept are kolorov, Ramos, roberto. They all start, and then Bailey as a super sub. I don't many have many places I want to improve anyway. One of my two strikers and possibly a cm and cb. Any other cards I like are going into a 2nd kind of fun team to sometimes play dkt, sb, and some seasons.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    So, this team is pretty fun. I did get a TOTS - Giovinco. Did SBC Pirlo again (forgot how solid he is) and added FOF Bradley and some silver LB Jones into the squad.

Quintero - Giovinco
    Vela
    Bradley - Gullit - Pirlo
    Jones - Desailly - De Vrij - van der Wiel
  • Knowlesdinho
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    I blame your lack of interest on becoming a mod, ever since then, you’ve dropped of the radar. :joy:
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    I find the habit of making a worse team to have more fun a bizarre concept.

I had TOTS Aguero and TOTS Dybala strikeforce and sold them to try Torres <3 and got Griezy too.

Griezy is great but no matter how much I loved Torres as a player and his GOD card last year, he’s just not very good this time. It’s so frustrating to be in a good position and him miss when you can afford/have had better players.

I’m not one of these WL clone scrubs with a team the same as everyone else and I like to try out different players but downgrading for the sake of it seems strange. Plus I only really play a mate of mine now and I could beat him with Carrol and Crouch up front lol
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    I blame your lack of interest on becoming a mod, ever since then, you’ve dropped of the radar. :joy:

Tbh if I was a mod I’d probably be more interested in the game (because they give you a free copy of the newest instalment).

When are mod applications being accepted? :trollface:
  • Carswell
    8182 posts League Winner
    I find the habit of making a worse team to have more fun a bizarre concept.

I had TOTS Aguero and TOTS Dybala strikeforce and sold them to try Torres <3 and got Griezy too.

Griezy is great but no matter how much I loved Torres as a player and his GOD card last year, he’s just not very good this time. It’s so frustrating to be in a good position and him miss when you can afford/have had better players.

I’m not one of these WL clone scrubs with a team the same as everyone else and I like to try out different players but downgrading for the sake of it seems strange. Plus I only really play a mate of mine now and I could beat him with Carrol and Crouch up front lol

Hopefully the EoE Torres will be better
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    @Knowlesdinho Lol, it was 100% the fact that TOTS made every card I worked all year for worth nothing. Killed my motivation.

I play FUT because I like to spend a little money and this year trade ALOT to obtain cards that not everyone else can get. I'm not great, so it helps having a better team. Now, it 100% isn't the solution because I'm still terrible. But once literally EVERY team I faced in WL was all blue - it lost its appeal to me.

Since last night, I'm 5-1-1 with the team above and about to get promoted to Div 3. I've never gotten to Div 2 yet, but I also think there are less quality players in Divisions - but still fun to be running a 8/11 MLS team!
  • Knowlesdinho
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    @Knowlesdinho Lol, it was 100% the fact that TOTS made every card I worked all year for worth nothing. Killed my motivation.

I play FUT because I like to spend a little money and this year trade ALOT to obtain cards that not everyone else can get. I'm not great, so it helps having a better team. Now, it 100% isn't the solution because I'm still terrible. But once literally EVERY team I faced in WL was all blue - it lost its appeal to me.

Since last night, I'm 5-1-1 with the team above and about to get promoted to Div 3. I've never gotten to Div 2 yet, but I also think there are less quality players in Divisions - but still fun to be running a 8/11 MLS team!

I have no motivation to play at the moment. I’m playing FM, got a successful Bolton save going.