The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Playing with R9 = 0 fun

Grown93
3871 posts National Call-Up
edited July 2018
people see him = park the bus entire game. i have 0 fun honestly. and gameplay it's attrocious for the card he don't even feel nothing like real life/prime years. is lazy af and it's like use a guy with 130kg. feels slow, strenght is like 60 etc. any cb make him go to the ground.

my idol irl,but this card not make justice for what he was as a player.

if i can go back weeks ago,i doo gullit and skip him.but nostalgia feeling got me :/

Comments

• Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Grown93 wrote: »
    people see him = park the bus entire game. i have 0 fun honestly. and gameplay it's attrocious for the cardg he don't even feel nothing like real life years. is lazy af and it's like use a guy with 130kg. feels slow, strenght is like 60 etc. any cb make him go to the ground.

if i can go back weeks ago,i doo gullit and skip him.but nostalgia feeling got me :/

Same my favourite player of all time but I literally said this at launch when they gave out the loan for 5 games.
  • Orison
    52928 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    people see him = park the bus entire game. i have 0 fun honestly. and gameplay it's attrocious for the cardg he don't even feel nothing like real life years. is lazy af and it's like use a guy with 130kg. feels slow, strenght is like 60 etc. any cb make him go to the ground.

Same my favourite player of all time but I literally said this at launch when they gave out the loan for 5 games.

I remember that poll in early October and people calling us all sorts of things, because we voted for "average" or "ok, but there are better options" :joy:
  • Agent VZ
    Orison wrote: »

I remember that poll in early October and people calling us all sorts of things, because we voted for "average" or "ok, but there are better options" :joy:

Yeah it was evident back then also eventhough ofcourse he could run the 81 rated cbs most of us had ragged.. Absolutely ruined my childhood hero I only got into 18 for this bloody card lol.. :s
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    A lot of people seem to dislike him lol. I agree he doesn't play like he did in real life, but I still love the card. Maybe it just suits certain play styles
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    you should do what @Muzza11 did ... Discard him
  • Agent VZ
    TTAZ wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to dislike him lol. I agree he doesn't play like he did in real life, but I still love the card. Maybe it just suits certain play styles

Yeah he’s a great card ofcourse finishes everything but it’s just not the Ronaldo we grew up with from any angle.. :cry:
  • JohnDoe
    11346 posts Has That Special Something
    tfw EA actually nailed his prime

He was a heavyset guy, who was lazy and had a bum knee. Bang on the money.
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Use the 90, he played amazing for me, and people aren't so inclined to go mental as you only have the lowest rated version :D

I had him alongside TOTS Werner for a bit, and the pair of them were like a wrecking ball.
  • Orison
    52928 posts Ballon d'Or Winner

Yeah he’s a great card ofcourse finishes everything but it’s just not the Ronaldo we grew up with from any angle.. :cry:

Proper eSport version card. The slower the gameplay and the less he has to move the better he becomes.
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah he cant move for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ compared to the likes of other tots cards. Lucky I can't dribble for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ either and I just use him to turn and shoot with either :D foot
  • Agent VZ
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Nope his Prime is supposed to at Barcelona moving onto Inter Milan/France 98 before his injuries..He could beat 4/5 defenders with absolute ease after dropping deep and collecting.. His prime and 94 both play like him around 05/6 during his last couple of years at Madrid if anything. :D
  • JohnDoe

Nope his Prime is supposed to at Barcelona moving onto Inter Milan/France 98 before his injuries..He could beat 4/5 defenders with absolute ease after dropping deep and collecting.. His prime and 94 both play like him around 05/6 during his last couple of years at Madrid if anything. :D

And that’s all I remember hearing about him.
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

And that’s all I remember hearing about him.
    Before his injuries he's was the most explosive player I've ever seen with insane dribbling. In 06 he was out of shape, lost his acceleration, but still finished everything
  • Grown93
    MisterJV wrote: »
    you should do what @Muzza11 did ... Discard him

damn :#

discard is not an option for me :p use him in sbc,maybe (if come EoE CR7) if not,at this stage probably keep him until the final
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    Still fun for me :)

7ad3fee0-ffa1-4916-9e10-de1d491f299c_Thumbnail.png
  • Grown93
    i'm talking about the Prime @Pugzilla

94 have better work-rates. not the best, but stiil better than medium medium

and you got the traits too :#
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    94 Ronaldo seems pretty bang on from using him.

The 96 is probably too similar tho.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    I think he could be slightly better represented than this card, but the card is still great for me. TOTY/TOTS CR7 is the only ST that is more dominant for me.
  • Shane
    23809 posts Club Captain
    He is unreal, still my main striker. I think only 99 cr7 may be better at striker, haven't used him though. Only used the 96 CR7 and liked R9 more
  • VICTAAAA
    11197 posts Has That Special Something
    M/M workrate is so stupid, for him and Henry. neither were lazy in attack and routinely ran behind defense or use their movement to drag defenders.
  • EekAlaska
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero

That wouldnt be his prime then...
  • JohnDoe
    EekAlaska wrote: »

That wouldnt be his prime then...

B)
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    have you tried having fun?
  • Diggy
    14187 posts Has That Special Something
    I enjoy my R96 but his pace is a lie 97 pfft Prime Gullit seems as quick
  • Maradona
    4833 posts Big Money Move
    I only used the 90, but he seemed good enough, weak, since it's the 90, I guess. but opponents already use him to full strenght, runs, goals etc... Brazilians make him look like the real Ronaldo, I think he's good enough...
  • James Libby
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    I agree R9 is one of the least fun, but most effective ICONs. His shooting is just a cheat code. Like Crespo in FUT14.

I actually made the mistake of bumping Henry to CAM for him for almost two hundred games before realizing how insane it was playing this fat lunk ahead of the Goat!
  • Grown93
    edited July 2018
    Henry looks great tbh. seems like a CR7 with worse work-rates. @James Libby
  • SimenHP
    2101 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime R9 is the best striker I have ever used. I bought Tots CR7 as I do every year, but he felt so bad compared to R9 so I sold him. I'm still looking for my 2nd striker, Tots Neymar played as good as him, but after some games (50 or something like that) he too became bad and sold.
  • krakos000
    17577 posts World Class
    Same way I feel about TOTS Aguero. Hes so good but so generic
  • RebelRob
    5972 posts Big Money Move
    If you want fun, learn to rainbow flick and volley, slow dribble and bang shots from outside the box. That’s what’s worked for me.

Yes, he definitely does not feel like the 97 pace the card suggests, but using r9 to straight line sprint isn’t the way to use him.

He took me a little while to get used to, and he will have a few of those games where nothing seems to happen, but then he’ll have a game where he will feel fast, beat 3 defenders and bang 4/5 goals in if he gets a sniff of goal, that’s if the oppo hasn’t rage quit at that point. When he’s hot, he’s unstoppable and the best player in the game imo.

Every player will experience ‘that’ feeling and where the gameplay feels off, simple passes not reaching your teammate, but hey ho that’s Fifa.

He’s been prolific for me, and in wl I usually end up at about a 50/50 ratio maybe slightly better, so to have this kind of record with a player is incredible for me. I also recently got fof villa who has 96 goals in 100 games, and also got prime crespo about 50-60 games after r9, who was also 1 gpg but has dropped off since using him at cam, so even with other goal scorers in the team to stay that positive over a long period is testament to his ability imo.

66_B18635_05_BC_4_AE3_8_DBA_19_BCA4_F83577.png

Also, enjoy this beauty. 96 volleys is no lie.

https://xboxclips.com/rebelrobot123/33b5f5b9-42d0-4534-956b-25cd8fd99362