Struggling to get the best out of my PL midfield/attack, what changes to make?

Tornado31619
20612 posts Club Captain
So I have 86 Zaha, 86 Arnie, 85 Bobby (who I’m about to swap for the 86) and 95 Kanté (untradable :'( ) amongst NIFs such as Eriksen. Bought Firmino to play at ST with Arnie at CAM and tried them out. They started off relatively ineffective. Swapped their positions, somewhat better. Brought 86 Zaha on from the bench at ST, all hell broke loose. Played in a 4231 wide with Sané/Willian either side and Kanté/Matić behind.

I’ve heard so many positives about Firmino but I was severely disappointed. Am I using him incorrectly? Is the 86 really worth it?

Going to try this now:

Zaha
Arnie-Eriksen-Bobby
Matić-Kanté
Rose-87 Mustafi (untradable)-Bailly-Valencia
Begović (don’t judge, had to sell Courtois to fund Bobby/Zaha)

Also feeling that Kanté has been quiet. Can run for days but I feel like he’s under-utilised at CDM.

What should I do? Feel free to sell any cards, just bear in mind the untradables (Kanté/Mustafi).

Comments

• Tornado31619
    20612 posts Club Captain
    Oh, and I have a 10K budget :lol:
  • Cenzo180
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was recommended bakayoko by a few people and he seems to play far beyond his stats. Maybe him for Matic?
  • RR_A10
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well I had the 85 Firmino a good few months ago and he was amazing at CAM for me. That's his best position IMO. As a wide CAM he doesn't have the pace. You're better off with wingers in that position.
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Try 4312

Zaha-arnie
    Bobby (best at cam)
    Kante-matic-eriksen (best at cam or rcm)
    Rose-mustafi-bailly-valencia
    Bego
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    RR_A10 wrote: »
    Well I had the 85 Firmino a good few months ago and he was amazing at CAM for me. That's his best position IMO. As a wide CAM he doesn't have the pace. You're better off with wingers in that position.

Yeah, this. 87 Firmino would be great as a CCAM, Zaha a good striker. If you won't format switch to use cheap wingers like Sane, Mkhi, Martial, Willian etc as your wide CAMs, my best wide cam options in PL were FB Mahrez & PTG Sterling.

Arnie is a decent CAM too!
  • Tornado31619
    20612 posts Club Captain
    Mahrez and Sterling... if only I had the coins :lol:

I'll either try @letsfifa10 's suggestion or Arnie up top with 82/84 Lingard-Bobby-Zaha behind
  • klaas9
    1093 posts Professional
    KDB
  • selb
    7197 posts Big Money Move
    klaas9 wrote: »
    KDB

Just a little out of his price range don't you think?
  • Tornado31619
    20612 posts Club Captain
    selb wrote: »
    klaas9 wrote: »
    KDB

Just a little out of his price range don't you think?

TBF, I might be able to afford him if I sell Eriksen. Problem is that he lacks pace (assuming that I use wide CAMs).