Players you regret NOT buying during the crash.....

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Kind of inspired by the ongoing SBC regret thread, but i for one am kicking myslef for not picking up CR7 ST card and TOTS Walker......

Curious as to what cards you gents held back on buying but are now nonsensically expensive ?!

Comments

• wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Toty Messi
    I only used him once in a draft, but he was phenomenal. Played him off chem at CAM, so maybe I should be regretting not getting his TOTS.
    But for whatever reasons, he was either just out my reach, or didn't fit my team at that time when I had the coinage
  • Waspy
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Toty Messi
    I only used him once in a draft, but he was phenomenal. Played him off chem at CAM, so maybe I should be regretting not getting his TOTS.
    But for whatever reasons, he was either just out my reach, or didn't fit my team at that time when I had the coinage

solid suggestion mate, i was sat on a war chsest and like every damn FIFA game to date I was too tight and b!tched out pulling the trigger. TOTY Messi i really wanted to try but during the crash there was no place for him in my team (because im lazy and can't be bothered to switch formation IG mainly :D )
  • Crowie
    1334 posts Professional
    While I am pretty happy with TOTS Firmino and TOTS Son up front I regret not doing the Prime R9. Had played with the base R9 earlier in the season and he was excellent, can only imagine how good the Prime is.

I also had the misfortune of doing Prime Gullit about a week before the crash really happened, could have done him a lot cheaper if I had hung on a week.
  • Persevere80
    1091 posts Professional
    Varane and isco PTG
  • Waspy
    Crowie wrote: »
    While I am pretty happy with TOTS Firmino and TOTS Son up front I regret not doing the Prime R9. Had played with the base R9 earlier in the season and he was excellent, can only imagine how good the Prime is.

I also had the misfortune of doing Prime Gullit about a week before the crash really happened, could have done him a lot cheaper if I had hung on a week.

@Crowie same here where Gulitt is concerned, week before the hefty crash i done his SBC dammit!

As for Prime R9, i did do him during the crash and despite scoring goals he isn't enjoyable to use, i swear some of his stats are lies.....
  • barnesyL0511
    283 posts Sunday League Hero
    For once I am happy, not to boast but I always seem to make bad investment decisions and lose money :D but during the crash I did Prime Gullit and couldnt have dreamed of affording him before that - cleared out all my unusable high rated players, and then got to buy and try CR7 - since sold him to fund a few players but really glad!
  • Waspy
    i'll add CB Walker here as well, bought and sold...... now he's stupidly over priced :(
  • Imtnt
    4868 posts Big Money Move
    I regret not doing the sbc of Maldini during the crash.. he was so good in drafts and I had lost my focus back then.
  • Jambo1410
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    I regret no selling up before the crash haha
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Imtnt wrote: »
    I regret not doing the sbc of Maldini during the crash.. he was so good in drafts and I had lost my focus back then.

I did Maldini during the crash and tbh NIF Ramos does the job just as good.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    I bought everything lol, and completed the prime icons I wanted also with help of duplicate untradeable TOTS.

there were some cards I bought before the WC crash I wish I waited on a bit tho
  • JohnDoe
    11250 posts Has That Special Something
    mHazard wrote: »

lol
  • Imtnt
    mHazard wrote: »

Agree with you about the job to be done.

Guess I didn't feel like I am missing a CB : with Ramos Tots + Pique Tots, with untradable Puyol and Hernandes(that was suprisingly good CB) as their subs.

Nevertheless, Maldini is pure quality and a legend you would prefer to be your end game. Only Toty Ramos is the one that could make that feeling out of the legends - for someone whoever is not building ultimate team of one club/nation/league.
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    ROTW TOTS players like Brahimi and Marlos
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12959 posts Has That Special Something
    I regret not picking up NIF CR7 during the crash. Cheapest I've ever seen him go.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    I regret selling 98 Striker CR7 for 2.3 mill

bought him for 1.5 mill, was pleased to sell for profit. But now all the players I bought after selling him have dropped, and he's gone up to 2.7 mill :'( :'(
  • Lunty
    2452 posts Fans' Favourite
    No one, cause the game’s dead
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    nobody i got everyone i wanted to whether its tradeable or not. only people id want would be r9 or gullit but i dont think they were in my price range even during the crash lol
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve gotten all that I wanted during the crash. I was on holiday but didn’t hesitate to buy my teams back then. I got to try TOTS Neymar, Messi etc and sold for profits when prices moved back up. I even got CR7 99 at 2mio! (He prob was lower but thankfully I bought him)
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2018
    Waspy wrote: »
    Kind of inspired by the ongoing SBC regret thread, but i for one am kicking myslef for not picking up CR7 ST card and TOTS Walker......

Curious as to what cards you gents held back on buying but are now nonsensically expensive ?!

I got TOTS CR7 for 1.9m!!! I always knew it was just a ridiculous price for the best ST in the game!! So no....Didn't regret it at all as I bought the entire team at the right time. Only other player I wanted was SMS Tots...but his price always remained too high
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    Angy wrote: »

I got TOTS CR7 for 1.9m!!! I always knew it was just a ridiculous price for the best ST in the game!! So no....Didn't regret it at all as I bought the entire team at the right time. Only other player I wanted was SMS Tots...but his price always remained too high

@Angy

You got him cheaper than me!!! ;)
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Angy wrote: »

@Angy

You got him cheaper than me!!! ;)

Yep and it was a fresh card too ;)
  • Waspy
    edited July 2018
    That’s the odd thing @Angy ...... his price is high.... which to a certain extent suggests he’s good (also to do with availability as well I get that.....) but I’ve never actually come up against him at all. TOTS SMS version anyway
  • Just_Unfair
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Man and I was happy with the 2.1 I spent on ronaldo...nice buy
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    For once I am happy, not to boast but I always seem to make bad investment decisions and lose money :D but during the crash I did Prime Gullit and couldnt have dreamed of affording him before that - cleared out all my unusable high rated players, and then got to buy and try CR7 - since sold him to fund a few players but really glad!

Also quite lucky finished gullit during the crash, even i have to sacrifice nif cr7 to fund him
    But, got tots cr7 from tots sbc, so happy ending
  • Imtnt
    letsfifa10 wrote: »

Also quite lucky finished gullit during the crash, even i have to sacrifice nif cr7 to fund him
    But, got tots cr7 from tots sbc, so happy ending

Sounds like a happy ending of the best sellers
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Vieira I hesitated on and should have bought.

I did do Ronaldos sbc for less than 800k and bought 92 maldini for 290k tho so that worked out well.