OT: Fight event of the year predictions

Comments

• arsenalap
    14230 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure why you're fussed about ticket sales.

In most major sporting events ticket money is almost negligible
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 2018
    SadioMan wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    News reporting that they split the purse 50/50, with the purse being 150M. Insane

Can't see that being true, it didn't seem that heavily sponsored (No ads etc) it didn't do millions of buys and the gate wouldn't be that much.

I personally predict around £15m.

Now I know I'm going to sound stupid for this, but they report that they made 8M from seats and youtuber viewers. Then that the purse if 150M, so where does the "purse" come from?

I don’t think it’s that high. £20-25m max all in net I reckon.
  • Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe pro boxer fights should stop being £20 ppv and make it more accessible on YouTube for £6.

More people may buy and watch.
  • Argie8
    7207 posts Big Money Move
    KSI & Deji win their respective fights
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    News reporting that they split the purse 50/50, with the purse being 150M. Insane

Can't see that being true, it didn't seem that heavily sponsored (No ads etc) it didn't do millions of buys and the gate wouldn't be that much.

I personally predict around £15m.

Now I know I'm going to sound stupid for this, but they report that they made 8M from seats and youtuber viewers. Then that the purse if 150M, so where does the "purse" come from?

I don’t think it’s that high. £20-25m max all in net I reckon.

Yea. I've no idea where this 150mil figure has come from but it's completely unrealistic
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think next even they should put female youtubers on there too. To think he calls out chris brown tho. Too much :lol:

Chris Brown for the intergender world championship :D
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
    KSI & Jake Paul win their respective fights
    Blarix wrote: »
    Ksi has had two years of decent professional boxing training but still looks like he'd struggle to knock out a fly. He has stamina but that is literally it. His punches have no power.

Logan was gassed and should have been an easy knock out towards the end. He was practically sleepwalking and begging to be knocked out.

I like the concept of YouTube's fighting but Boxing is not the right sport. MMA would be a better fit.

Why would MMA be a better fit?

More options and techniques to utilise. Better then watching two people who cannot throw a punch trying to out punch each other.

Way too dangerous

Not with a good ref.

Still, their technique is so ****. They dont know how to block kicks properly. 100% a massive injury will happen. Illegal elbows etc.
    Their kicks wont even reach the nutsack.

Would be much more entertaining for us though.

Get it UFC sponsored and Herb Dean as a ref. He typically knows best when to call it whilst letting both having a go at each other.

Blocking kicks isn't that hard. Just protect the liver.

Blocking kicks is really hard tbf. You could really get injured if not done correctly

I know I'm a bit ignorant on the subject but I find them really easy to read and would see it as opportunity to take the opponent down whilst off balance

Only time I have ever been really hurt by kick was when I struck in the liver. The pain was so bad I went blind for a few seconds.

Liver shots make any human crumble if it connects. Your body basically shuts down

Yea that kinda sums it up. Not only did I lose my vision but everything just stopped, every ounce of energy was just gone. Thought I was actually dying. Could see nothing but pure white.

Oddly enough a few mins later and I was perfectly fine

I

Yup exactly how i felt when i got a knee in there. Was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ blood but was told ahead i would otherwise i would freak out.

Thankfully didn't have that.

Naturally you always think to protect your head but not anymore. I am not letting anyone get anywhere near the Liver again. Would rather take a dozen hits to the face.

I have so much respect for Brock Lesnar because he continued to fight in the UFC despite having a serious liver disease. I cannot imagine the pain he went through
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Ksi has had two years of decent professional boxing training but still looks like he'd struggle to knock out a fly. He has stamina but that is literally it. His punches have no power.

Logan was gassed and should have been an easy knock out towards the end. He was practically sleepwalking and begging to be knocked out.

I like the concept of YouTube's fighting but Boxing is not the right sport. MMA would be a better fit.

Why would MMA be a better fit?

More options and techniques to utilise. Better then watching two people who cannot throw a punch trying to out punch each other.

Way too dangerous

Not with a good ref.

Still, their technique is so ****. They dont know how to block kicks properly. 100% a massive injury will happen. Illegal elbows etc.
    Their kicks wont even reach the nutsack.

Would be much more entertaining for us though.

Get it UFC sponsored and Herb Dean as a ref. He typically knows best when to call it whilst letting both having a go at each other.

Blocking kicks isn't that hard. Just protect the liver.

Blocking kicks is really hard tbf. You could really get injured if not done correctly

I know I'm a bit ignorant on the subject but I find them really easy to read and would see it as opportunity to take the opponent down whilst off balance

Only time I have ever been really hurt by kick was when I struck in the liver. The pain was so bad I went blind for a few seconds.

Liver shots make any human crumble if it connects. Your body basically shuts down

Yea that kinda sums it up. Not only did I lose my vision but everything just stopped, every ounce of energy was just gone. Thought I was actually dying. Could see nothing but pure white.

Oddly enough a few mins later and I was perfectly fine

I

Yup exactly how i felt when i got a knee in there. Was ❤️❤️❤️❤️ blood but was told ahead i would otherwise i would freak out.

Thankfully didn't have that.

Naturally you always think to protect your head but not anymore. I am not letting anyone get anywhere near the Liver again. Would rather take a dozen hits to the face.

I have so much respect for Brock Lesnar because he continued to fight in the UFC despite having a serious liver disease. I cannot imagine the pain he went through.

UFC is a playground for Brock
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Also that liver shot caused me to have a nut infection. It grew to the size of a mini football and my man juice was yellow.

Sorry for grossing anyone out but I don't want anyone else to experience that

• Choepiechakie
    Also that liver shot caused me to have a nut infection. It grew to the size of a mini football and my man juice was yellow.

Had a nut infection twice. I feel ya pain brother
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited August 2018

Nice to meet a fellow victim at-least. Also twice? Damn... That is some bad luck

Unfortunately I actually lost one of mine though...
  • Choepiechakie

Nice to meet a fellow victim at-least. Also twice? Damn...

Yeah mate. Feels bad man. First time it was on vacation in Spain. The doctor their thought my nut twas twisted and I had to go under surgery. Thank god that wasnt the case
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited August 2018

Yeah mate. Feels bad man. First time it was on vacation in Spain. The doctor their thought my nut twas twisted and I had to go under surgery. Thank god that wasnt the case

I was supposed to have surgery when I was a young teenager but NHS screwed it up as they do.. Then the hospital forgot about it

Mine just didn't properly drop at first. Then I took the hit to liver and it literally exploded.

You don't know pain until you literally have a nut explode.
  • iitalic
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero

by news do you mean 1 random person on twitter?
  • SadioMan
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    iitalic wrote: »

by news do you mean 1 random person on twitter?

Atleast 5 news sources, none of them reputable tbf
  • krakos000
    18100 posts World Class

I was supposed to have surgery when I was a young teenager but NHS screwed it up as they do.. Then the hospital forgot about it

Mine just didn't properly drop at first. Then I took the hit to liver and it literally exploded.

You don't know pain until you literally have a nut explode.

:worried::o This thread escalated quickly