EA Forum Rules and guidelines
People get the best out of forums when everyone is treated with respect and courtesy. We ask everyone to interact in a civilized manner.
The guidelines and rules below explain further the type of behaviour that we expect. The guidelines are not exhaustive and moderators have full discretion to address any inappropriate behaviour.
Check out the official EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement
Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask an EA Community Manager or Moderator.
EA Forum Rules & Guidelines
Our forum moderators monitor posts. Posts that break the rules and guidelines may be removed. Breaking the rules can also result in sanctions or bans being applied to the forum account on a case by case basis.
Dos And Don'ts
Here's a breakdown for what to do and what not to do here on EA Forums.
- Post in the right place. Check the section you're posting in before submitting. If a post is in the wrong place we might move or remove it.
- Use the search feature to see if there's already a thread for your question. If there is, use it instead of making a new one. Try to include all your points in a single place.
- Be accurate. Make sure the title of your thread matches what your post is about.
- Please post in English
- Keep it on-topic. If someone created a thread, it's because they're looking for an answer to their question or want to discuss a specific topic. Changing the topic of the thread isn't helpful.
- Keep it game-related. We're not here to debate politics or religion or lobby for anything, so keep the conversation about our games.
- Keep it appropriate. Players of all ages see EA Forums. Make sure that any posts or images you use are in line with the EA Forum Rules & Guidelines below and the EA User Agreement.
- Be patient. Keep track of your thread using bookmarks or by subscribing to the thread. Other players will post in your thread when they are interested or have an answer for you.
- Be polite and kind. Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal. Respect also means you never harass, embarrass, or threaten other players.
Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
Don'ts Treated With Zero-tolerance
- Discuss Scripting, Handicap, Momentum, sliders or similar. Discussions around these topics or anything similar are never productive and will be removed.
- Giveaways. Giveaways for Coins or players via direct giveaways or tournament prizes are not allowed unless directly funded by EA.
- Abuse the formatting options. Nobody likes being YELLED AT!!?!? This means, don't overuse:
- ALL CAPS
- Extra-large fonts
- Repeated symbols
- Call out Community Managers and other EA staff. We know you want to grab our attention, but good thread titles will help you get our attention much easier.
- Petition and boycotts. Petitions and boycott discussions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum.
- Post personal information. Forum posts are visible to everyone and can show up in search engine results. Protect the privacy of yourself and others.
- Be inappropriate. That means no obscenity or other explicit posts i.e. sexting. This includes role play threads.
- Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
- Chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things is not okay.
- Impersonate anybody. This includes EA employees, other community members, celebrities and anyone else. It also includes simulating privileges of forum accounts with a higher level rank, like signatures.
- Spam or flood boards. That means don't post disruptive numbers of messages, meme, gifs and images e.g.:posting the same message in multiple forums, or sending the same DM multiple times. Spamming can include:
- Bumping threads or messages: Doing this once or twice is fine. Multiple bumps in a short period of time is considered spamming. Use your bumps wisely.
- Post blank or 'no text' messages: You won't receive an answer if your question is unclear.
- Mass tags: It's very rare that more than one tag is needed. Don't tag multiple forum members or EA Employees to get attention.
- Curse or swear. Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.
- Bully. Online bullying is against the rules. Bullying is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. Bullying can include:
- Personal defamation
- Naming and shaming
- Gossiping about other people
- Make false claims to EA staff.
- Advertise. For anything: pay-to-play gaming sites, products or items for sale, referral links or advert links/images in forum signatures, avatar posts, blogs, profiles, you name it! But feel free to link to free gaming fan sites and free-to-enter league sites.
- Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.
- Make legal threats. The forums aren't the ideal place for legal discussions and posts including legal chat will be removed.
These are more serious don'ts. That means if you do something from this list, we might ban you right away.
Images, Avatars, And Signatures
- Link to or discuss pirated and/or harmful content: Such as Trojan horses. That's not allowed and will result in account action.
- Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.
- Do anything illegal. That includes:
- Identity theft
- Identity fraud
- Making personal threats
- Blackmail and extortion
- Discriminate. That means no sexism, racism etc.
- Promote or discuss activities that are against the EA User Agreement. This includes software piracy, "hacks", "torrents", game "cracks", and more. See that happening on the boards? Report it directly to EA.
- Posting anything that references adult materials. This includes linking to adult-themed mods for games. We've got young gamers on here, too.
- Asking for or giving out CD-Keys/Product Codes. Missing the code for your game? Head to help.ea.com to contact us.
- Sharing accounts. Sharing accounts will get you banned.
- Posting copyrighted material. This includes images as well as text from game guides. If you don't own it, don't post it.
- Creating more than one forum account. Accounts created for inappropriate or unauthorized reasons will be banned.
- Coin Buying / Selling / Promoting / Gambling. These are all against our EA User Agreement.
- Posting real-life threats.
A lot of our rules about images
are the same as our Dos and Don'ts. But just to make sure it's clear, here's what you can and can't do.
Images / Avatars
- keep it clean, with appropriate images for all ages.
- make your own images. We like your style.
- have fun!
I've Been Banned From Posting On The Forums - What Now?
- use personal photos.
- include religious or political content.
- use racist, hateful, controversial, or illegal content.
Being temporarily banned from the Forums means that you have broken the rules or have not been participating in a constructive fashion. Take a break, review the rules and come back to the forums once the ban has expired.
A short-term ban is our way of preventing further disruptive behavior and asking you to reexamine how you behave. Do not discuss your ban on the public forums or ask your friends to post about it for you. That could get your ban extended and may even get your friends in trouble, too. Keep in mind that discussing moderation is against our rules.
If you think you've been banned by mistake, get in touch with our Terms of Service team by following the steps outlined here