best RM for 442 or 4411?

Mr. Soper
2553 posts Fans' Favourite
Switched to this and really finding it much more fun to play with. Stable formation that seems to allow me to control the game, with a lot less "dynamic moments" happening.

Right now have TOTS Sane over on the right, but have some coins to upgrade. Anyone play these formations and try bale or messi?

Thanks

Comments

• Jono6989
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    As with most formations with 4atb defensive abilities are not needed so much, so ideally you'll be wanting someone who can supply the attack and finish off the sloppy seconds tbf, so I'd say Sane should do the job effectively, although the likes of FOF Willian and TOTS Mahrez, perhaps BD hazard also?
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    All the bale cards are great at RM in the 442, my fav player for that position. I suggest the 92 version as it feels just as good as the 94 for 300k cheaper. Messi wouldn't do great for me at RM in those formations as I like a bit of size and defensive ability

Next best for me are any of Mbappe's special cards, nearly as good as bale for that spot. Currently I'm using the 94 version, but I imagine the TOTS is just as good
  • Jono6989
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    Perhaps even consider Messi on 7chem at St unless you can stretch to a central version financially? And give the new FOF Dembele a run out?
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    Jono6989 wrote: »
    As with most formations with 4atb defensive abilities are not needed so much, so ideally you'll be wanting someone who can supply the attack and finish off the sloppy seconds tbf, so I'd say Sane should do the job effectively, although the likes of FOF Willian and TOTS Mahrez, perhaps BD hazard also?

I find the exact opposite for wide formations like 442/4411/4231 wide. For me the RM and RB often overlap and switch positions, so it's very common for the RM to be found in defense of positions. Really helps to have someone like bale or mbappe who can hold their own jostling an opposing winger off the ball. Messi won't do that very well, and also Messi's low stamina in a position that runs up and down the wing all match will be a problem
  • CfcBlue
    3523 posts National Call-Up
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    Switched to this and really finding it much more fun to play with. Stable formation that seems to allow me to control the game, with a lot less "dynamic moments" happening.

Right now have TOTS Sane over on the right, but have some coins to upgrade. Anyone play these formations and try bale or messi?

Thanks

Beware... I thought this as well and after about 25-30 games the 442 that I loved turned horrible and narrow formations started to slaughter me. It’s the way the games made unfortunately. That’s why formation change works so well because you start off ina formation, in game the switch causes a reaction that “the game” wasn’t ready for and it helps even out odds with the crappy things this game throws at you. I’ve noticed when I use a certain formation like let’s say wide formations like 4411 or 442 .. I get put up against wide formations as well to level the playing field more often than not like 433s or 4231. When I start with 41212–2 I’ll get paired against 4312 4321 or 41212 wide. So that’s why in game switching works. You counter act EAs counter acting. Once everyone including the pros used it it never changed and EA went with it.