Futchamps/weekend league confusion

Mr.Spireite
1656 posts Play-Off Hero
Last week finally made it to the weekend league after loads of sweaty games against try yards.

However found he 8 wins I got in about 16 games satisfying as only a couple of times I quit as I was going to spend the whole game chasing a far superior player around the pitch.

Anyway thought to myself perhaps I may be able to qualify normally this week.

Was I wrong.

5 games in it's more sweaty than the actual weekend league and regularly coming up against those sides full of guilit r9 etc etc.

Not once did I face such monster quality sides this weekend.

How is it actually so different in qualifying to actually playing the weekend league ?

Comments

• SRB83
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm also curious about this. I did not find the WL half as bad as I find the DKT. Fortunately don't have to go through it this week as I got the 11 wins for automatic qualification
  • EddieFicio
    21756 posts Club Captain
    You played people that qualified the same way as you, with the 6 wins in dko.

Should've tried to get to 11 wins for you to automatically re qualify
  • o0OainavO0o
    2226 posts Fans' Favourite
    They lowered the qualifications and loaded up a lot of lower rated opponents last weekend, it was noticeably easier.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    You played people that qualified the same way as you, with the 6 wins in dko.

Should've tried to get to 11 wins for you to automatically re qualify

Didn't know about 11 wins

Though how is gameplay so different in wl to normal game play.

For example passes go where I want them nearly all the time. Just felt totally different.

For example no dodgy goals as well. All seemed as it should.
  • Hippyboy6
    16884 posts World Class
    Dedicated servers does help a lot, WL are the smoothest games I play now (not so great when it was busy a few months back)
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Dedicated servers does help a lot, WL are the smoothest games I play now (not so great when it was busy a few months back)

Yep.

Totally different game for me.

Makes seasons kind of unplayable.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year

Yep.

Which is why we still play the dko, even though we don’t need to. It’s the only game mode that is actually playable.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6969 posts Big Money Move
    So basically you qualified for WL by winning round 1 6 times. You’ve never qualified all year and now thought ‘well I won 6 games from 12, it’ll be easy to win 4 in a row now’ and it didn’t go to plan. There’s a surprise
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    So basically you qualified for WL by winning round 1 6 times. You’ve never qualified all year and now thought ‘well I won 6 games from 12, it’ll be easy to win 4 in a row now’ and it didn’t go to plan. There’s a surprise

No.

The game seemed to play totally different in wl

Thought i had turned a corner to some extent.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Yep.

Which is why we still play the dko, even though we don’t need to. It’s the only game mode that is actually playable.

I get more bs in dkt
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    I didn't finish my games this weekend but I played a lot more **** players than I normally do lol. Was able to go from 10 wins to 21 wins in like 2ish hours lol
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4348 posts National Call-Up
    I love when people claim others are try hard. If you lose they were a try hard.
  • FIFABoss18
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I played at the weekend and i have to say it was the fastest i have ever reached 14 wins. It was brilliant, so many people quit at 1 nil
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well that's next weekend qualified on 5 wins in 1 day.
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero

I’m impressed that you found time to play 20 matches
  • Cheetah Thumbs

:D :D
  • Carswell
    8270 posts League Winner

giphy.gif

Dayum. No need to do the man like that!
  • Knowlesdinho
    10533 posts Has That Special Something

:joy: officially my favourite new forumer.
  • ConMan123
    255 posts Sunday League Hero

Some you play are horrible though. Playing possession/Park the bus the entire game, not skipping animations etc. I think most everyone is trying hard to win but to me that is a try hard. Beat someone this weekend league who had 68% possession with only 2 shots and i finally went up 1-0 60th minute. Boring af
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    ConMan123 wrote: »

Some you play are horrible though. Playing possession/Park the bus the entire game, not skipping animations etc. I think most everyone is trying hard to win but to me that is a try hard. Beat someone this weekend league who had 68% possession with only 2 shots and i finally went up 1-0 60th minute. Boring af

Those are just douches. I always try to play possession first, but with purpose. Not just passing around the back. I dont mind someone watching replays. What bothers me is when they let it go past the replay to the player standing there. That bothers me more than anything else.
  • Currieman
    4948 posts National Call-Up

Those are just douches. I always try to play possession first, but with purpose. Not just passing around the back. I dont mind someone watching replays. What bothers me is when they let it go past the replay to the player standing there. That bothers me more than anything else.

That really annoys me! I always watch 1 replay of my goals and then skip. Unless the guy I'm playing against is a tool and watches all the replays, then I watch all of mine. And if they dab and/or shush they are getting shushed all day long. **** does my head in :lol:
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    Currieman wrote: »

That really annoys me! I always watch 1 replay of my goals and then skip. Unless the guy I'm playing against is a tool and watches all the replays, then I watch all of mine. And if they dab and/or shush they are getting shushed all day long. **** does my head in :lol:

I only watch if it's a really good goal or if they watch. If they dab or shush i go str8 to the camera and mske them watch everything. Nothing feels better than putting a beating on someone who dabs/shush's.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    10 games 3 wins.

Every side is a monster side this weekend.

Think that's enough dodgy 90 min equalisers for me this weekend....
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Maybe they aren’t dodgy maybe you just aren’t very good?
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe they aren’t dodgy maybe you just aren’t very good?

I know I ain't good.

Never said i was.

Just frustrating losing 2 goal leads in last few mins to a keeper putting easy save into foot of open striker more times than I can remember..

And dodgy defections.

Happened in 4 straight games.