Accrington Stanley Aiming for the TOP | Season 1 | English League 2

Richoman
135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited July 2018
Having some fun with an Accrington Stanley Career Mode and thought I will document my progress here. With all the financial goals I need to hit I could get ... sacked. Games are on Legendary and 6 minutes

7cXVcg1.png

Est: 1968

Home Ground: Crown Ground

Nickname: Stanley, Accy Stanley

Squad 2017/18

DH0oan8.jpg

Transfers IN

Justin Gulley RB

Keegan Pereira LB

Narayan Das LB

Tim Payne CDM

Rowllin Borges CDM

Harry Pell CM

Cameron Howieson CM

Francois-Xavier Fumu Tamuzo RM

Bruce Kamau RM

Jodi Jones RM

Louis Dunne CAM

Ellis Harrison ST

Jackichand Singh ST

Dan Turner ST

Transfers OUT

Mark Hughes CB

Jordan Clark RM

Scott Brown CDM

Sean McConville RM

Danny Williams LM

Seamus Conneely CDM

Billy Kee ST

Big Summer Transfer Window for Accrington Stanley as Star Recruit Gets a Long Term Injury

pXTdREC.jpg

As the transfer window draws to a close Accrington Stanley were the team that has been the most busiest out of all the clubs in the league. 13 players were signed over the summer including big names such as Jodi Jones, Ellis Harrison and Bruce Kamau. However one of their star signings Jodi Jones has been confirmed to have done his ACL during one of their friendly matches. The Stanley Manager has said to reporters that the injury is serious and he will not be up for selection till at least Feb-March. Accrington Stanleys new manager will be looking to impress after fan favourite John Coleman was controversially sacked after a solid campaign last season

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck with your story!
  • Richoman
    subpop wrote: »
    Good luck with your story!

Thanks mate, much appreciated!
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck :)
  • WestardLord
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good to see more people joining in. Good luck!
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Good luck man!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Good luck! (: Let's see how high you can can get them.
  • Richoman
    TSzTURc.jpg

BLl6NYX.jpg

PQmo0cF.jpg

mN0VTY3.jpg

OdO9O2n.jpg

AiCXqsE.jpg

V38ZtTC.jpg

rtFhGZW.jpg

PBYNYw7.jpg

YVWbnN5.jpg

R51BxQ7.jpg

UrRMwGw.jpg

BV9cBOA.jpg

a9P6BtL.jpg

bQHcMMj.jpg

Managers View

After a busy transfer period we start October in 2nd position. Overall it was a positive few months, our football has been very positive and attacking. At the moment our biggest issue is finishing and momentary lapses in concentration in defence. Our build up play and overlap is brilliant. Tamuzo has been our best wide player, creating many chances. Whilst Tim Payne and Cameron Howieson has been our creating forces in central midfield. Ellis Harrison is also having a solid start to the season however he is one that has not been finishing what he should.

What was also disappointing were our 2 cup exits. The Carabao cup exit was really unlucky. We should not of lost. The refereeing was horrible, and the penalty call was wrong and robbed us of momentum. However, we are still 2nd in the league and have just beaten the top team, if we are more consistent I can really see us pushing for promotion
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    The team are doing pretty well and live in the top zone of the league table, which suggests that the team will have real options of promotion at the end of the season. Well done.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Great start to the season. Sitting comfortably within the top spots. Some avoidable and unfortunate defeats but in general the team is in a good shape.
  • Richoman
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Great start to the season. Sitting comfortably within the top spots. Some avoidable and unfortunate defeats but in general the team is in a good shape.
    cheers, yes some avoidable ones, the carabao cup really got me reeling :'(