Any FT Dad's/ Casual Gamer's experience of this year?

matriquetra
221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Evening Lads and Lassies,

Used to be a big poster/ fifa addict, got married had a kid and priorities changed. I wanted to share my experience from this year just to compare notes with those that have to squeeze in the cheeky game after the L1's bedtime (and you've finished watching that episode of of paw patrol to see if they did save the day, go on! Admit it, we all do it.) and the missus has got her binge of soapshite out of the way and you've managed to convince them it's okay to mindlessly shout a game for a couple of hours.

Me personally I'll be lucky to squeeze in 3-4 hours a week :blush:

Mainly focused on SB's and a bit of seasons, had a couple of cracks at DKO's for the cards during TOTS and a solitary month of WL last month. I can honestly say despite many years of getting aimlessly frustrated at this game I've come full circle back to loving it :lol:

The array of cards, choices of gameplay, range of movement with players. I think back to the first iteration of FUT and can't help but appreciate the game we've been given now. Yes servers are still shoddy and there's trolls around every corner but this does well for me as a nice daily distraction.

So here's what 6hrs p.w and not a penny spent on the game got me:

1fb4d9780d3c84b5419a682dc437d7ac.png
7a9d7905a069e6475da973ba11f57198.png
d8c6be9523c6a1e6fa278a4988be470f.png

Everything barr Matthaus, Sandro and Marchisio is untradeable, think that leaves me with 550k in coins if i sold (which I probs won't, might get 92 Kolarov again.... those longshots :open_mouth:

Had some okay luck with packs from MM's and SBC's etc, traded to mediocre success and resulted in this. Got maybe 400ish games on most of the players max. Don't really have a fave player but the longest serving has to be SBC Thiago. Has around 350 games and has served me well.

Some big casualties for SBC's have been untradeable TOTS Insigne, Thauvin, Pique (packed him 2 or 3years in a row untradeable... hated every single one :lol: ) and the german LB.... (names gone.... getting old :blush: )

So would love to hear feedback from other parent's with limited time and see there successes.

To anyone that still remember's me, I've been lurking and checking in occassionally glad to see you're still around and have actually become useful members of the community.... even Ryan as the resident grumpy old guy :lol:

Comments

• SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    Welcome back mate.

This is me -

55_AAF155-_DB48-4874-9_F7_C-_E6_DF916_ADBC6.jpg

I manage to play to 18 wins in WL when the kids are in bed on Friday and Saturday night, and I’ve ended up with this. Very rarely have time to play in the week.
  • ChristopherOC3
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s a fantastic game if you don’t play it 4-5 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You enjoy it so much more in small doses, however if you commit more time to it then anything else then you will always find the flaws.

It’s far from perfect, but the variety this year has been absolutely excellent!
  • matriquetra
    Welcome back mate.

This is me -

I manage to play to 18 wins in WL when the kids are in bed on Friday and Saturday night, and I’ve ended up with this. Very rarely have time to play in the week.

Thanks Noodle, hope you're well?

:open_mouth: nice work! That WL Grind has paid off, I'm literally the opposite, can squeeze in some time during the week if i use my laptop to stream the xbox, sucks for online play but has got me a few g2's in S.b's. Unless I'm willing to get up at 5-6 in the morning @ weekends I just don't have the time to commit to WL :disappointed: managed to squeeze in a months worth last month and ended on g2 averaging 12-13 wins p.w (saw that most ppl's monthlies were boosted, mine should have been s3 i think?)

Is that where the majority of your coins come from for that team? Or have you had an allowance to spend on packs :tongue:

• YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    Got 2 under 3s and far and away enjoyed SBs due to being able to go away and sort them if needed. Not played a lot of late, it’s kind of got a bit boring towards the end imo. Looking forward to next year to go again now
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Got 2 under 3s and far and away enjoyed SBs due to being able to go away and sort them if needed. Not played a lot of late, it’s kind of got a bit boring towards the end imo. Looking forward to next year to go again now

^^

Pretty much this, played to 11 at the weekends but always at 1/2/3am when the kids are in bed and the Mrs is asleep. Haven’t played for a good while now though as quite frankly I’m bored. Just starting gears of war 4 now
  • matriquetra
    It’s a fantastic game if you don’t play it 4-5 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You enjoy it so much more in small doses, however if you commit more time to it then anything else then you will always find the flaws.

It’s far from perfect, but the variety this year has been absolutely excellent!

Agreed! It's like you gain a sense of entitlement because you've invested all this time you should just be given things!
    I remember when draft was first introduced and we all went mad for it, now its gotten to a point when its almost the forgotten genre.
    Care to share a team?
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Who’s this **** ?
  • Campino
    Who’s this **** ?

Bit strong
  • BrentfordFC
    Campino wrote: »
    Who’s this **** ?

Bit strong

Bants. He’s Ma boi :trollface:
  • Campino
    edited July 2018
    Who’s this **** ?

Bit strong

Bants. He’s Ma boi :trollface:

Oh :joy: happy days then haha
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    9596 posts League Winner
    That's a name I haven't seen in a while
  • Primal
    11557 posts Has That Special Something
    Can relate to alot of that(paw patrol especially) . its hard with a family and full time job.Last year I managed to play most WLs but this year has been hard. My issue is the only mode where I can get a decent/ tough game is WL. D1 and DKT are just a joke. I've had 3 top 100 finishes this year and finished elite 1 everytime I've played a full 40 which I've been happy with as I can only play after 1930hrs each day.

I still enjoy fifa just wish they'd extend WL a day and improve servers. the free content in terms of sbcs has been mad this year.
  • matriquetra
    Who’s this **** ?

Ask your mum :open_mouth:
  • BrentfordFC
    Who’s this **** ?

:joy:

Miss you mert! But palace are still bad :trollface:
  • matriquetra

^^

Pretty much this, played to 11 at the weekends but always at 1/2/3am when the kids are in bed and the Mrs is asleep. Haven’t played for a good while now though as quite frankly I’m bored. Just starting gears of war 4 now

Can't bring myself to look at other titles, tried playing some COD with mates but it's like this game unless you've played it for years and developed that muscle memory for what to do quickly you're screwed :blush: Managed to do the late nights for two weekends last month when the mrs went out to weekends in a row. Is is just me or do you find it easier to win/ play at unsociable times? Speaking from a UK perspective past midnight/ early morning GMT
  • kfcbucket21
    8253 posts League Winner
    edited July 2018
    nice team :) I remember you , congrats on the fam!
  • matriquetra
    Who’s this **** ?

Aww, you've had Andy for company though so you've been in good company at least, missed some of you guys too :heart:

Dude we'll be taking some of your players for loans this season i think, have you seen our finances. :bawling:
  • Campino
    edited July 2018

^^

Can't bring myself to look at other titles, tried playing some COD with mates but it's like this game unless you've played it for years and developed that muscle memory for what to do quickly you're screwed :blush: Managed to do the late nights for two weekends last month when the mrs went out to weekends in a row. Is is just me or do you find it easier to win/ play at unsociable times? Speaking from a UK perspective past midnight/ early morning GMT

I don’t really think I’ve noticed to be honest. The only thing i noticed is I enjoyed the game more and played better when I stopped caring. My win/loss ratio increased by Loads
  • matriquetra

^^

I don’t really think I’ve noticed to be honest. The only thing i noticed is I enjoyed the game more and played better when I stopped caring. My win/loss ratio increased by Loads

Dude mine was negative for the first 3 months by some margin :lol:
    Glad it's not just me enjoying it more, definitely think it's something to do with perspective on life and have bigger things to worry about, the games is now just serving it's purpose as an escape/ way to unwind I feel
  • BrentfordFC
    Who’s this **** ?

Aww, you've had Andy for company though so you've been in good company at least, missed some of you guys too :heart:

Dude we'll be taking some of your players for loans this season i think, have you seen our finances. :bawling:

Haha

Nah. It’s not that bad is it ? :lol:
  • matriquetra

Hiya Pops, how you been? Yeah looking at my posting history last one was for 17 :blush: nice to come back for an evening at least.
  • matriquetra
    Who’s this **** ?

Haha

Oh it's bad, well publicised too as we posted our returns late, think we're looking at about 10m to spend after the new deals we've just done for speroni, ward and hennesey :blush: Can see us selling beneteke/ Zaha at least :disappointed:
  • matriquetra
    nice team :) I remember you , congrats on the fam!

ta bud, I remember you too! Not even close to some of the teams in here. Just don't have the luxury of time or money to put into the game anymore. Had a weekend away to blackpool to get to Nickelodeon world cost £90 to get in :astonished: gone are the days of a quick 12k FP fix :lol:
  • BrentfordFC
    Who’s this **** ?

Haha

Oh it's bad, well publicised too as we posted our returns late, think we're looking at about 10m to spend after the new deals we've just done for speroni, ward and hennesey :blush: Can see us selling beneteke/ Zaha at least :disappointed:

Ah damn. That’s a shame. We’re pretty much in that kind of boat. We have to sell to break even. Unfortunately being in London and having a small stadium it’s hard to stay afloat :lol:

Can’t wait till the new stadium is open !
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    9596 posts League Winner

Hiya Pops, how you been? Yeah looking at my posting history last one was for 17 :blush: nice to come back for an evening at least.

Been great bud, no complaints here. Glad to see you're doing well with the missus and the little one. As for being useful members of the community.. well with people like @BrentfordFC that's debatable :trollface:
  • matriquetra
    Who’s this **** ?

Haha

Ah damn. That’s a shame. We’re pretty much in that kind of boat. We have to sell to break even. Unfortunately being in London and having a small stadium it’s hard to stay afloat :lol:

Can’t wait till the new stadium is open !

Yeah we've just been approved for ours too, so fingers crossed! My uncle was saying you might not keep the pub on each corner though :disappointed:
  • matriquetra

Been great bud, no complaints here. Glad to see you're doing well with the missus and the little one. As for being useful members of the community.. well with people like @BrentfordFC that's debatable :trollface:

Haha, we've always just viewed him as the special needs quota that every organisation needs to have....
    Come on he lives three miles away from actual champions and opted for a team that has to take our players on loan to guarantee a top half finish :trollface:
  • jdros
    2860 posts Fans' Favourite
    Squad Battles is a great mode for anyone that enjoys playing against the AI and was a good mechanism to grind for rewards for anyone that can’t / doesn’t want to commit to 40 matches each weekend.

I have a job where I can spend some time trading during the day most of the winter and I can log in to relist most hours on my phone (throughout the winter I can probably relist 8-10 times everyday without fail). I also spent nothing and have put this together in 2018 -

D037757_E_70_A9_4_F7_D_856_F_C0_E605_DD2_F99.jpg
    DDF9_B0_FA_7_EA9_4_A1_F_80_E5_D8_DB909_DE4_AD.jpg
    DFA239_C1_F8_AA_4_A4_D_B424_EB87_A5091_E14.jpg
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    Welcome back brother!
  • matriquetra
    Fab wrote: »
    Welcome back brother!

Not sure about back yet :lol: I'll commit for a night. Hope your well fab?