Who do you think will be the first player after Ronaldo & Messi to win the Ballon d'Or?

Santiago
21486 posts Club Captain
Thoughts? Of course it's just guessing but I am interested in seeing who this forum would consider the favourite. I think it will happen rather sooner than later.

Note: I think some options here have no chance of winning at all. I just made an unbiased list with the most common favourites that I found after doing some research.

Who do you think will be the first player after Ronaldo & Messi to win the Ballon d'Or? 134 votes

Neymar
29%
GazzaMike_Pickfordha032742Agent VZBoabdustRynoShaanxzFliiip__LuckyStrikEDobbyDooDahAnDrEwThEdOnKurtJoresOkore5Mr. SoperRascalinHere7Andy99TradeZBanersRandomLhama83Sean2OnDougInskip 39 votes
Mbappe
34%
JJGale420DandingoooG000nerHoopsterzMaradonaBakerShaneManyakFCxFATALRedKrautIl THE WOLF lIChubbsAntparry92kfcbucket21UpstartCaesarSebCFC123DavistoKeanoTwoZebras 46 votes
Isco
1%
GuzmanChoepiechakie 2 votes
Dybala
2%
RealMDannyMuzza11Pauwel_2002 4 votes
De Bruyne
8%
DiggyLeonidasJBReusXxRichiexRichxXDarthGrowlerTjahrPiemanTavman180Cheetah ThumbsPauldejong6alvinian 11 votes
Griezmann
1%
CarswellPaciga45 2 votes
Pogba
0%
JR 1 vote
Hazard
3%
Manutelliwessen9Milanista28TheMenezLoverMelkorAintGood 5 votes
Some teenager that doesn't play on the biggest level yet
4%
RadioShaqSmudgeAnythingadam142bronsonCervezaNLDinksy 6 votes
Other (comment)
13%
FärjestadLFC Simon 98UbermanPugzillaMeanOnSundaybbergerBrentfordFCfluffymnuffyPelzyWelzySimmoEFCBobo23Carlos181RuttaScutchLukakuMUFCTalentFGQK_CillitBang_04Goatiano_Goataldo 18 votes

Comments

• RebelRob
    4971 posts National Call-Up
    Mbappe
    If Mbappe keeps up performing on the big stage I think it’s hard to look past him, mainly due to being so young and the fact they generally favour strikers.

I reckon it could also be either griezmann, kdb or hazard as well depending on who has a storming year as well.
  • Ulook92
    12459 posts Has That Special Something
    Mbappe or Neymar. But both would have to leave PSG for that imo. Neymar is going downhill there. Needs to go back to a league thats gonna challenge him.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Other (comment)
    Maybe if Croatia go far this year then Modric could sneak it.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16175 posts World Class
    Other (comment)
    SALAHHHH
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    SALAHHHH

Actually forgot to add him. Definitely deserves to be on that list this year.

Personally would probably also pick Mbappe at the moment.

Modric would be amazing though
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    Other (comment)
    Harry Kane for getting the golden boot in our world cup win.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2018
    Neymar
    Neymar or Salah.
    Neymar has to stop rolling on the floor and little lees selfish , but beside that hé is the best attacking player after Ronaldo and Messi, and hé has that flair, so much potential still, i hope hé makes it.
  • Choepiechakie
    31092 posts National Team Captain
    Isco
    No biase
  • Färjestad
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    Other (comment)
    Andreas Granqvist
  • Pugzilla
    15624 posts World Class
    Other (comment)
    Pulisic or Salah
  • WFCBagnall
    69099 posts Moderator
    Kane
  • Scholesyy
    1405 posts Professional
    Neymar
    SALAHHHH

Hahahaha
  • Shaanxz
    20121 posts Club Captain
    Neymar
    He had the pr behind him
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Neymar
    Has to be
  • Bobo23
    607 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Other (comment)
    Harry Kane.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Mbappe
    Easy
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Mbappe
    Neymar is 26, personally don't think his peak will be that long. I think he has to win it in the next 3-4 years by winning the CL with dominant numbers
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Neymar
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    He had the pr behind him

• TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Mbappe
    Mboop
  • Uberman
    15726 posts World Class
    Other (comment)
    Gelson Martins <3
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    not sure. think messi should/will win it for at least the next three years by which point neymar will be past it. perhaps if he joined rm and they won the cl with very little help from him then he could win it (kinda like cr7)
  • ManTrain
    2981 posts National Call-Up
    not sure. think messi should/will win it for at least the next three years by which point neymar will be past it. perhaps if he joined rm and they won the cl with very little help from him then he could win it (kinda like cr7)

You seem upset.
  • RebelRob
    4971 posts National Call-Up
    Mbappe
    SALAHHHH

:D

• Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    Neymar
    Messi is 31 so probably 2 years at most before other players are able to compete....can see neymar winning it once in the next 3 years. Then it's all about mbappe
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    De Bruyne
    Baners wrote: »
    Messi is 31 so probably 2 years at most before other players are able to compete....can see neymar winning it once in the next 3 years. Then it's all about mbappe

Messi won't and certainly shouldn't win it this year.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

false
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2018
    Neymar

Well the year is only half over and yah Ronaldo is still there too. Ronaldo is obviously older so didn't feel the need to mention him...was just speaking timeline was.

• LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    edited July 2018
    De Bruyne

Well the year is only half over and yah Ronaldo is still there too. Ronaldo is obviously older so didn't feel the need to mention him...was just speaking timeline was.

Ahh.
    I think atm Ronaldo is ahead of Messi for this yr Ballon d'or.
    Can't imagine the award going elsewhere this yr.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Mbappe
    Sky’s the limit for this kid.
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    Neymar
    Naby Keita