The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

COO at EA Sports announces FIFA 19 Ultimate Team will make pack odds public

Ryno
6532 posts Big Money Move
Will this be beneficial or detrimental to next year's market?

COO at EA Sports announces FIFA 19 Ultimate Team will make pack odds public 35 votes

Helpful!
71%
Skorpio_KingClancymarvsonWooly1203bbergerWFCBagnallceeagskcichrisagentxyz2HBK1925VladimirSochiEdward220967Razer94PrimalMrhey31n2j2000GoalGiantSporterLiverpoolrule19greif44 25 votes
Hurtful!
28%
Liam WPughy30BainesyGoodnightIrenestevestifler26ibroxgazBanterMarc11forearmsDayoffElvisreus 10 votes

Comments

  • RadioShaq
    15599 posts Moderator
    Think it will be the same. Anybody familiar with fut knows the odds. Wc also showed us people like lower weights.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unknown. We have no idea what EA actually meant when it gave that statement. The change could be anything.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Think it will be the same. Anybody familiar with fut knows the odds. Wc also showed us people like lower weights.

    Or, more accurately, better weight for themselves, bad weight for everyone else. :D People need the grind, even if they don't want to admit it. TOTS was too easy
  • Clancy
    7761 posts League Winner
    Helpful!
    Good news. They should be required to do this, and this might be in response to the Belgium/Netherlands decisions so they can still sell the game there

    The pack odds are so ludicrously low that people should know the astronomical odds of pulling an icon even if they spend $5k
  • CeeQue
    12352 posts Has That Special Something
    And we will still pack sh!te
  • SanderFC
    2900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Would be interesting if some website like Futbin makes an expected value of each pack based on their current prices and these pack odds + a graph of that to see when it was the best period to open packs
  • AngryHawk
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Helpful!
    The one thing I like about this... EA can't tinker with Pack Weights during special promos, or if they do we'll at least know about it. I'm pretty certain they've tinkered with pack weights based for promotional events, etc
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2018
    It won't affect a thing. Because knowing the odd doesn't affect anything. (in this specific context)

    therefore it's neither helpful nor hurtful
  • Clancy
    7761 posts League Winner
    Helpful!
    They could still get pretty squirrelly with this though

    Like they could post that you have a 0.05% chance of packing an 87 rated card, but not mention that within that 0.05% Busquets and Terrible Stegen represent 3/4ths of the cards, and Pogba is only 1/75
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2018
    Clancy wrote: »
    They could still get pretty squirrelly with this though

    Like they could post that you have a 0.05% chance of packing an 87 rated card, but not mention that within that 0.05% Busquets and Terrible Stegen represent 3/4ths of the cards, and Pogba is only 1/75

    I doubt they even get that specific. I think they’ll give the odds of rare versus non rare, silvers versus golds, consumables. I think EAs current fut business model is too predicated on varying pack odds in order to induce us to keep playing. To publish too much data would make that system impossible.
  • Pughy30
    26602 posts Player of the Year
    Hurtful!
    Helpful to players massively hurtful to EA, some people won't go near pack now they see how bad the odds are
  • Carlos181
    4022 posts National Call-Up
    Can’t wait for it to actually say something like, “10% Chance to pack an 82-rated player in a 7.5 Pack.”
  • Fab
    19426 posts World Class
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Can’t wait for it to actually say something like, “10% Chance to pack an 82-rated player in a 7.5 Pack.”

    That's exactly what I'm expecting it to be tbh. Percentages for each rating.
  • skynetbot
    50 posts Park Captain
    TeamRem wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    They could still get pretty squirrelly with this though

    Like they could post that you have a 0.05% chance of packing an 87 rated card, but not mention that within that 0.05% Busquets and Terrible Stegen represent 3/4ths of the cards, and Pogba is only 1/75

    I doubt they even get that specific. I think they’ll give the odds of rare versus non rare, silvers versus golds, consumables. I think EAs current fut business model is too predicated on varying pack odds in order to induce us to keep playing. To publish too much data would make that system impossible.

    Bad move though.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    skynetbot wrote: »
    TeamRem wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    They could still get pretty squirrelly with this though

    Like they could post that you have a 0.05% chance of packing an 87 rated card, but not mention that within that 0.05% Busquets and Terrible Stegen represent 3/4ths of the cards, and Pogba is only 1/75

    I doubt they even get that specific. I think they’ll give the odds of rare versus non rare, silvers versus golds, consumables. I think EAs current fut business model is too predicated on varying pack odds in order to induce us to keep playing. To publish too much data would make that system impossible.

    Bad move though.

    Why.
  • skynetbot
    50 posts Park Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Think it will be the same. Anybody familiar with fut knows the odds. Wc also showed us people like lower weights.

    Some certainly do.
    Those with an advantage.
    Ie. those who spend a lot , trade a lot and well or who grind a lot.

    The flipside is the effect it has on coin farmer.
    It makes it more enticing to sell coins and accounts.

    It seems like ea havent and cant get a grip on that side of things.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hope whatever EA does appeases Belgium/Netherlands. It would be too bad to have future FUTs without those countries’ users.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Helpful to players massively hurtful to EA, some people won't go near pack now they see how bad the odds are

    massively hurtful? i think people knowing the odds will barely make a dent, if at all
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Helpful!
    AngryHawk wrote: »
    The one thing I like about this... EA can't tinker with Pack Weights during special promos, or if they do we'll at least know about it. I'm pretty certain they've tinkered with pack weights based for promotional events, etc

    I promise you all that their odds will look like "80% chance of packing a gold player in a Premium Gold pack, 10% to get a silver player, 100% packing a consumable".

    No way they disclose the exact weights on cards.
  • Pughy30
    26602 posts Player of the Year
    Hurtful!
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Helpful to players massively hurtful to EA, some people won't go near pack now they see how bad the odds are

    massively hurtful? i think people knowing the odds will barely make a dent, if at all

    We all know the odds are bad but we've never known how bad now they tell you how bad every time it'll turn some people away
  • Utd_Way07
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Helpful!
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Think it will be the same. Anybody familiar with fut knows the odds. Wc also showed us people like lower weights.

    Bang on
  • Sporter
    684 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Helpful!
    Pack odds are fine, it’s paying FIFA points for those packs that is ruining the game.

    Still this is a step in the right direction.
  • Arron xox
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Sporter wrote: »
    Pack odds are fine, it’s paying FIFA points for those packs that is ruining the game.

    Still this is a step in the right direction.

    The concept of buying pack through fifa points or Microsoft points as always been on fut
  • opasni_
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    They will lose money but this is last attempt to keep me and many others keep playing in years to come.

    If they really do this I might reconsider playing next year.

    Or they are doing this because bans in some countries.
Sign In or Register to comment.