2v2 Online Friendlies

Sibuy
10 posts Ball Boy
Please EA, for the love of god, gives us the option to play 2v2 online friendlies. When trying to play with 3 friends online, we don't want to spend up to 30 minutes trying to match up 2v2 in Co-Op seasons as we have to on FIFA 18.

I'm sure I am not the only one that wants this and something which I know people have asked for in previous FIFA games and not got, but hey, why would EA listen to requests for it's client base.

Comments

• robaldo1
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Yes to this in a big way, it would make a decent game perfect, get it sorted EA
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I would rather see the kind of lobby and matchmaking that rocket league offers, why not to play funny modes like 2vs2 3vs3 and so...
  • Sibuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    I would rather see the kind of lobby and matchmaking that rocket league offers, why not to play funny modes like 2vs2 3vs3 and so...

As long as you could match with friends, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 or any variations, 2v1, 3v1, but just anything to make it easy for friends to link up and play together without relying on the servers matching you.

I have friends down the road from me, but no matter what settings I use for network matchmaking, it will still insist on matching me with people from other parts of europe, when all I want to do is play with friends.

I don't care about divisions, rankings etc. I just want to enjoy a good game of football with friends.
  • Sibuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Just to add to this as well, being able to play against friends, but when the match ends, we are able to select next match/replay, choose different teams and maybe even swap who plays with who, then straight in to the next game. No having to drop out to the menus, send invites again to team up etc. I'm sure people know what I mean without going into great details.
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    This would be a great addition

Currently i find the best way to do it is both teams select 3 star teams
  • Sibuy
    10 posts Ball Boy

Thank you for your comment and glad there is people showing support for this. It's not like this hasn't been asked for before by people, but surely this should be the point where EA should put this into such a popular title.

That's the sort of route we go down, but I'm sure you encounter the same issues that we do. 2 friends find a match and we don't. Means they then have to come out of the match and we then go through the search again.
    We probably spend more time trying to get matched than we do actually playing.

• Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sibuy wrote: »

Thank you for your comment and glad there is people showing support for this. It's not like this hasn't been asked for before by people, but surely this should be the point where EA should put this into such a popular title.

That's the sort of route we go down, but I'm sure you encounter the same issues that we do. 2 friends find a match and we don't. Means they then have to come out of the match and we then go through the search again.

Exactly that - would be nice to get to play against friends with teams you actually wanted to play with.
  • Sibuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Sibuy wrote: »

Exactly that - would be nice to get to play against friends with teams you actually wanted to play with.

Spot on - Not everybody wants to keep playing Barcelona Vs Real Madrid. How about Barnsley Vs Real Madrid!

There's just too much restriction in the options for Co-Op. Years ago, I can see a reason for not having it. Not everybody had connections good enough to support it, causing massive lag for a lot of people and rendering it unplayable. They would then turn around and blame designers/publishers believing it to be their fault. That's how it was with most games, but not anymore. Yes, we still have the odd issues here and there but most online gamers have fairly decent connections, companies have dedicated servers, Sony, Microsoft etc., so if it cant be done still, why not? Connections certainly shouldn't be the reason.
  • CurtDub
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Exactly. I don’t understand why this is not an option. My friends and I all live in different cities and want to play 2 vs 2 just as if we were all sitting in the same living room.

This feature is a deal breaker for us. If it’s not in FIFA 19, I know of at least 5 people who won’t be buying the game.
  • AceZi
    5 posts Ball Boy
    SVKslato8 wrote: »

This. If games like rocket league can offer various multiplayer options why can’t EA do it? It’s simple, 4 friends playing on 4 different consoles can’t play together at the moment unless you have 1v1. Fifa needs to be able to connect up to 8 friends who can play against each other how they please. 7v1, 4v4, 3v5 etc. And if 8 is a stretch, at least give the option for 4 friends to connect. Been asking this for years. EA start listening.
  • meeedvip
    11 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 9
    -
    Post edited by meeedvip on
  • Sibuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    CurtDub wrote: »
    Exactly. I don’t understand why this is not an option. My friends and I all live in different cities and want to play 2 vs 2 just as if we were all sitting in the same living room.

This feature is a deal breaker for us. If it’s not in FIFA 19, I know of at least 5 people who won’t be buying the game.

This is exactly my thoughts. It is getting to the point where I am considering not buying this franchise anymore. It's not a threat to EA, it's just plain facts. We want a mode where friends can play together, something which has been done in the past, but now something which EA do not seem to have an interest in putting back into the franchise or at least are not commenting on.

I buy this game to have fun with friends, but if this cant be achieved to give us a simple 2v2 option, why should I continue to shell out my hard earned money?

I can understand that they want to put in a lot of features for FIFA 19, new first touch physics, sweet spot, champions league etc. as well as bolstering the current features like the journey and the money making FUT, which they will never scrap until all other countries take the same stance as the Netherlands and Belgium and deem the card packs (lootboxes) illegal, but they need to focus on what people want and not what EA think people want.

It would be nice if somebody from EA actually gave a response to this much needed option and what it would take for EA to get this into FIFA19.
  • We need a return to unranked lobbies, if they can throw in house rules to this as well I'll be very happy.
  • Sibuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Darren1908 wrote: »
    We need a return to unranked lobbies, if they can throw in house rules to this as well I'll be very happy.

Yes!!!! Absolutely. I like the way EA have pretty much re-badged the old 'Lounge' mode with House Rules.
    But just to have it all online with friends would be the icing on the cake.

Was FIFA 11 the last time they had Lounge Mode?!?
  • Skatefc80new
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2018
    Listen!!!!! This has been a MASSIVE request by players (loyal EA longstanding Customers) since they took away the lobbies back in 2014. Players in their droves have begged EA to bring back the freedom of setting up private lobbies for friendlys of 2v2, 3v3 etc... Unfortunatly these requests have fallen on deaf ears. Or rather fallen on the ears of faces that are laughing all the way to the bank. Ea rakes in billions of dollars/pounds from ultimate team. To reintroduce old game modes now would mean possibly harming the fut popularity and its doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that EA wants as many of its fifa players to be drawn into fut mode as possible. Thus making even more millions. They know there is a large following of private lobbie fans out there but as they dont profit from this game mode we are simply not important. Even though without the loyalty of players that have been around long enough to have experienced private lobbies they wouldnt be anywhere near the company they are today.

Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Sibuy
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Post edited and removed because the 'P word' was mentioned. They obviously don't like the community getting together and talking about signing a 'P word' as it means they might have to do something about it or just ignore it as they do with most forum posts.
  • ThiagoMonts
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Agree!
  • Does fifa 19 have this feature or similar?
    I really want to be able to play with 4 of my friends online in a 2v2 fashion.

Please let me know if the house rules section or any other section in fifa 19 has this feature..
  • futbol24x7
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    So does EA respond on these Forums??? Many of us are loyal customers since day 1 and we deserve some answers/explanations on why it's not allowed to play with friends in different households. This is why many of us buy this game, to play 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc. I love the game, but it makes it extra fun when you can talk smack to all of your buds as if we were in the same house.

If Call of Duty and Fortnite play with millions of players simultaneously, then why can't we? You guys used to have this for a while several years back, but then all of a sudden removed it.

Even the lounges some people mentioned in this thread where you could face players of different rankings - that was pretty damn cool.

C'mon FIFA, just tell us why it can't be done and if it is at least in the works for a future FIFA. It's almost 2020! We should have had flying cars, but we can't even get a 2 on 2 up in here. Mannnnn...
    Post edited by futbol24x7 on
  • Saeba
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I agree for those feature, actually i tried with my friend 2v2 online coop and its work with trick :
    1. Play game above 11:00 PM
    2. When you already invite friend and ready to search match do it with count, like 1,2,3 then search match for coop leader.
    It work for us after 2 attempt, chance will meet 60:40. If not meet, then try again. Just exit the game before match, it will not count Lose.
    Hope EA will add feature room party, so we wont do those such things again.
    hahahaha
  • I've got a number of friends that were considering buying 19, but won't because it's so difficult to play each other. Dissapointing. They had 18, but using pro clubs to try and all play together was frustrating.
  • Rossi1000
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d like to see kick off style for online friendlies instead of this season championship or both modes optional offering 1v1 or 2v2
  • TheBlueOne
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 10
    Jeez EA, I really don't understand how difficult is to implement 2v2 online friendlies. How many people have to ask for such a basic and logical feature!?!?!?! Please consider this for FIFA20. I and my friends have been devoted FIFA players since ages and we are very frustrated that we can't play online together. We really don't want to move to PES!
    Post edited by TheBlueOne on
  • Rossi1000
    456 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pes is just as broken as fifa is
    Your only move back to fifa lol
  • They won't add 2v2 friendlies. This was a feature back in 2014 and was the most played gamemode. Alot of sites had tournaments and leagues which used this feature to play matches. But as soon as FUT came out they realized that for people to want to play FUT and make them money they had to take away the most popular online game mode. I stopped buying fifa games that year because of this. And every year I get on these forums to see if they finally added it back but nope. They haven't in all these years despite so many people asking for it and they never will. EA has priorities and $ is at the very top above all.